LegacyGT.com

Cobb Accessport & ECUTek Info LOOK HERE FIRST!

SUBE555

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the mix of driving that have, with very little-to-none of it stop-n-go, it's OK in 100-150 miles.

I would say that if you reflashed it, then hopped on the freeway for a trip with the cruise set, then you would be talking a few hundred miles.

Ron

Thank you, Ron

I have around 30 miles on it so far (mixed driving) and the one thing I really notice it that the boost seems pretty instant from 2500rpm and up. Doesn't feel like it has a build up time. I loaded the 93 map, however, I was wondering if it may be a good idea to load the 91 instead just for winter (since I hear gas isn't as good then) and then map back to 93 during the warmer months...

Probably the key thig that I noticed with the AP in daily driving is that response in the 2-3K range is much better.

93 octane is readily available in MI, so there's no reason to run the 91 program. Gas quality doesn't matter, it's the octane, and octane will remain constant in gas regardless of the other swill that they put in it.

Most areas of the country run "winter gas" with a lower vapor point for the winter.They have been doing so for years. The "worst" gas is the Summer Gas that the seven-county Detroit area must run (along with 13 other metro areas, as well as the areas that run RFG all year). This stuff is junk.....BUT the octane is still fine.

The 93 octane map isn't that sensitive. I've mixed in partial tanks of 91 octane from stations in northern MI and it's still OK. Only time that I loaded a 91 octane realtime map over the 93 base map was when I drove out west this past summer where the stations only had 90-91 octane as their highest grade.

Ron

• 3 weeks later...

Ever since installing the AP I have noticed a burning smell when I get on the throttle. It's most noticeable when getting on to a high way and in 3rd WOT - 4th and then settling into 5th. It's not a clutch smell and not electrical... Not really sure what it is. Just smells like something's burning. This never happened before the AP so I'm pretty certain it's the cause. Any ideas? I'm running base 93 right now and thought I'd try base 91 to see if it goes away but wanted to see what ya'll think before I waste a flash.

Thanks!

Ever since installing the AP I have noticed a burning smell when I get on the throttle. It's most noticeable when getting on to a high way and in 3rd WOT - 4th and then settling into 5th. It's not a clutch smell and not electrical... Not really sure what it is. Just smells like something's burning. This never happened before the AP so I'm pretty certain it's the cause. Any ideas? I'm running base 93 right now and thought I'd try base 91 to see if it goes away but wanted to see what ya'll think before I waste a flash.

Thanks!

I would say that it's totally unrelated, and probably existed before the AP.

You also must remember that subconsciously you were more attentive to things after the AP load.

If the AP were a piggyback chip, or some other '90s technology, it would be possible, but the AP doesn't add anything mechanical.

Ron

Why do people ask COBB about economy map? Something is missing...

No S417! Why would you worry about gas economy after sinkin' hundreds, if not thousands in the dang thing to make it use more?! More power requires more air, fuel, and fire. So don't build a rocket when a bike would do!!

No S417! Why would you worry about gas economy after sinkin' hundreds, if not thousands in the dang thing to make it use more?! More power requires more air, fuel, and fire. So don't build a rocket when a bike would do!!

Because sometimes you just have to go on a long trip and cruise, where you are not planning on flogging it: you just want to get there as quickly and cheaply as possible.

neil

That's just wrong.........

I appreciate your irony!!

And I also agree that running a special program to "maybe" get aother 1-2 MPG for a trip is not something that is of any interest to me.

I'll run my Stage 1 program on a 2,300-mile trip to AZ, and save the $$$ by taking my Costco bottled water, and get Large rather than Biggie Fries for road food!! :lol:

Ron

I know, I know, this is a newbie question.

I just got my AP and reflashed to stage1 91. I drove it around the block a few times but didn't notice a major difference. Although the throttle did seem more responsive. Does it take a few run cycles for the ECU to adjust?

Thanks

I know, I know, this is a newbie question.

I just got my AP and reflashed to stage1 91. I drove it around the block a few times but didn't notice a major difference. Although the throttle did seem more responsive. Does it take a few run cycles for the ECU to adjust?

Thanks

Yes. Put a good 100 miles of varied driving on it....preferably with your foot through the firewall when possible....and it will adapt.

Ron

Any word on Cobb releasing "updated" maps for our cars? 1.15 has been out for a little while...

Thanks

there isnt much to update

the staged maps serve a function

and with more pro tuners available

(some with REALLY NICE pro tune maps *shameless plug*)

there isnt much of a need for updates to the current maps

TDC Tunings LGT Forum

Cobb, Perrin, APS, Invidia, Megan racing and MORE!!

Your #1 source For Subaru / Legacy GT performance parts!