LegacyGT.com

09 Smaller Key Fob

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

link to my thread on it

As it says on that thread I am willing to make them for people, I just need a working key w/chip and a working remote. Due to the large amount of time it takes to make these, it would likely cost around $100 for the flip key/labor. PM me if interested.

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb227/aigochamaloh/DSC_6155.jpg

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb227/aigochamaloh/IMG_7740.jpg

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb227/aigochamaloh/IMG_7741.jpg

I'm assuming that little box in the lower right of my key is the RFID transmitter.

Idk, the 2008 key fob is not that hard to take apart, the only annoying part is the shape of the inside components, although you have an 07 which is the same as the 06 remote that i used to have. Those were annoying, where exactly do they keep the chips for the 06-07 remotes?

The chip is in the key not the remote.The chip has nothing to do with the remote. It is in the key to allow you to start the car. The reason there is a chip in the key/remote is because you are starting the car with it. But once again I did not need a chip probably because I have a base model 2.5 OB.

The chip is in the key not the remote.The chip has nothing to do with the remote. It is in the key to allow you to start the car. The reason there is a chip in the key/remote is because you are starting the car with it. But once again I did not need a chip probably because I have a base model 2.5 OB.

This i know, i was wondering where the actual chip was located in PRE '08 post '05 keys. I used to drive a 2006 OB SE, but never messed around with the remote, so i was curious to see where the actual chip was because i already know that they did not put it in the remote

from that site:

new 2006 New remotes with recessed buttons that are harder to accidently press on Outback, Legacy and Impreza. Immobilzer key standard on WRX, STI, Forester XT, and all Tribeca, Legacy and Outback models.

new 2005 Impreza-Forester and Legacy-Outback:new remote fobs, and all new Immobilizer keys on STi, Forester XT, Legacy GT, Outback XT, LL Bean, VDC, Outback sedan. Remote entry works much the same.

and also this.... which i found to be interesting....

The Chirp

when locking/unlocking your Subaru from the keyless entry system the chirp can be disabled by performing the following: with all doors closed with the key in the ignition, open the driver's door, remove the key from the ignition, hold down the unlock button on the drivers door. While holding down that button, insert the key into and out of the ignition at least 6 times within 10 seconds. Continue holding the unlock button and close the driver's door. Signal lights should flash 3 times to confirm the setting.

Use of the keyless transmitter with still lock and unlock the vehicle (and arm the alarm), but without the annoying chirping. Repeating the procedure will re-enable the keyless entry chirp.

I actually wish I could make the chirps LOUDER!!! :icon_lol:

A lot of the time I hit the lock button as I'm walking away from the car so I can't see the lights flash without stopping to turn around. In some noisey parking lots I find it hard to hear the chirp confirming that the vehicle is locked. I also have problems hearing the chirp when using the locate function.

Of course at my age I could also be getting hard of hearing. :icon_cry:

and also this.... which i found to be interesting....

The Chirp

when locking/unlocking your Subaru from the keyless entry system the chirp can be disabled by performing the following: with all doors closed with the key in the ignition, open the driver's door, remove the key from the ignition, hold down the unlock button on the drivers door. While holding down that button, insert the key into and out of the ignition at least 6 times within 10 seconds. Continue holding the unlock button and close the driver's door. Signal lights should flash 3 times to confirm the setting.

Use of the keyless transmitter with still lock and unlock the vehicle (and arm the alarm), but without the annoying chirping. Repeating the procedure will re-enable the keyless entry chirp.

Did this change after 05? My 05 FOB says to press unlock on the FOB. Then hold down lock and unlock together on the FOB for 2 seconds.

This disables the chirp...it's the procedure I used.

• 1 month later...
+1 on the whole "will an '09 work on my _________" In my case I want to know if it will work with an 07 spec.B...?

anyone? anyone? bueler? bueler? :)

You could always try a flip key, I might be taking orders again soon...

Archived