LegacyGT.com

09 Smaller Key Fob

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
how bout a switchblade key?

ive been wantin one of those since i knew of their existance.

I miss my VW key everyday. I think the keys that dont flip open just look and feel so outdated now. They are a PITA in your pocket and I have nothign to fiddle with when I'm bored now. Not to mention the range on the Subaru keys is terrible too.

I miss my VW key everyday. I think the keys that dont flip open just look and feel so outdated now. They are a PITA in your pocket and I have nothign to fiddle with when I'm bored now. Not to mention the range on the Subaru keys is terrible too.

I think the range on mine is great. Sometimes it misses a button press but I can get a response from several feet away. Our '04 Jetta has pretty bad range. I haven't really spent much time looking into it, but we've replaced the battery and it's hard to even get the trunk to open when standing behind the car. I think I need to spend some time looking at the antenna inside and maybe extending it (I think I saw some how to about this on vwvortex).

I WOULD love to have a flip key though. And the fob on the 08 keys is huge. I'd like the 09 form factor better.

If it works on an 05 I'd be in, I hate the extra remote.

There is a key that works on 05s. It is the tribeca key. I believe the part number is 57497AG35A. I went to the dealership to have it done and the parts guy immediately knew it would work, but the guy who actually did it cautioned me that he didn't think it would work and if they did the programming and it didn't work I'd be out of the money. I crossed my fingers and it worked.

This is what it looks like

http://photos-055.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v356/201/125/11501055/n11501055_36244695_7002.jpg

I take back what I stated before. The key does come in a regular cut fashion. Part number is 57497AG48A list is $77.95. It goes for $59.40 on subaruparts.com. Will cost extra for the stealership to program, but it will work.

What about the Australia Liberty key? I think I would rather have this.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j50/denver133/book-anim-keys-sap.gif

Very cool. I have the 08 Tribeca key. My dealer sold and programmed it to me for $75. I did have an 09 loaner and really like the newer, small key.

Rehab is for quitters.

My 09 key not laser cut. Regular style, conventionally cut. The buttons are not easy to accidentally press. I have my keys and wallet in the same pocket, and I've jiggled them around but nothing gets pushed. I do like that Liberty key, looks much smaller, but that looks laser cut.

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb227/aigochamaloh/DSC_6155.jpg

Archived