LegacyGT.com

09 Smaller Key Fob

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I take back what I stated before. The key does come in a regular cut fashion. Part number is 57497AG48A list is $77.95. It goes for $59.40 on subaruparts.com. Will cost extra for the stealership to program, but it will work.

So did anyone find that this key would work with the 05's that have an immobilizer key

Good idea, here's a few:

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=60614&d=1228164307

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=60615&d=1228164307

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=60616&d=1228164307

wow that flip key looks really nice!

I'm a new LGT owner, and bought a pair of used subaru keyless fobs but haven't been able to program them. you dont' by chance have the instructions to program them for an 05 lgt do you?

sorry to thread jack

-Luke

• 2 months later...

I have an 09 key that... came with my 09.

I am curious if I can "downgrade" to the tear-drop fob though, or at least program it to work. I like the flip key that Doc posted better than the one I got from GiES.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

• 4 weeks later...
I just got out of a loaner that had one of these. I want one. (thats why I'm here.) but if it doesn't work without hacking up an expensive key i'm not THAT interested. My dealership that I bought the car from would not give me a 2nd key.. and then they went out of business.. so I only have 1 key and 1 fob for my car.
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

I asked at the dealership yesterday if it would work. I got a quick "nope" from the service person. Since I was already paying over $600 for repairs I decided to leave it for another day.
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

The 2009 pentagon integrated key and fob works on my 2007.

So you were able to buy an 09 key, get it cut, and have a dealer program it for your 07??

I asked three local dealers about this and all of them told me they can't do it... :mad:

• 3 months later...
So you were able to buy an 09 key, get it cut, and have a dealer program it for your 07??

I asked three local dealers about this and all of them told me they can't do it... :mad:

Sorry I didn't respond to this before. Yes, I bought an 09 pentagon integrated key/fob from my local dealer and they cut it and programmed it for my 07. It works and it's much better than the bulky key + fob in my pocket.

• 2 weeks later...

ok so update for us 05ers, after ups kept missing me with my package, the keyless entry part programmed fine, tomorrow i have an appt with the stealership to first program the immobilizer and then if that works then cut the key.

I dont see any problems with programming the immobilizer but then again I havent programmed a suby immobilizer just an acura flip key to my civic, and that worked fine so I have faith.

The XT/GT's and the 3.0's have immobilizer's the 2.5i's do not at least in 05.

In other news IT WORKS! 2005 Outback XT with keyless and immobilizer programmed without a problem.

Key part number: 57497AG48A from subaruparts.com

The dealers seem to believe(at least mine did) that the 09 key is the new laser cut one...it is not, it is exactly the same as our key. So schedule an appt to have your key cut and immobilizer programmed, they program it the same way they do the old ones....

If you have a 2.5i(without immobilizer), its even easier you can just have the key cut at a key shop and program the keyless via owners manual.

If you are not sure you have an immobilizer or not, when you get the blank, insert it into your ignition, if your security light glows solid, you have an immobilizer.

Archived