LegacyGT.com

09 Smaller Key Fob

Found it. I took the key apart and saw the smaller black case and stopped there. You actually have to take the black capsule apart to see the code.

Now to try and program my remotes to work to save a trip to the dealer.

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a follow up. I couldn't get the remote programed so I brought it back to the dealer and they couldn't reprogram it so I got a new one free.

If anyone wants a remote fob that doesn't work for a project just let me know and I'll drop it in the mail.

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

• 1 year later...

So I just bought a used 2008 Legacy GT and it only came with one key. I headed down to Capitol Subaru in San Jose and they wanted $150 to program a new key (on top of the fact that they were selling the key for over $100). I just had to laugh in their face at the fact that a new key was going to cost me $250.

I drove the extra distance because I had previously heard good things about their service department. Anybody know a dealer in the Bay Area that charges something reasonable?

• 11 months later...

Sorry for the book:

Ok so here is my situation, question at the end! So I have a 07' Legacy 2.5i, and an 08' Impreza 2.5i. Both of my vehicles have a key & separate remote/fob. Like others I want out of that… too many things to carry. The Legacy DOES NOT have an ignition transponder/key. The Impreza DOES have the ignition transponder/key. BOTH of my keyless entry remotes are FCC ID: NHVWB1U711. I have done hours of research on the 09' Legacy All-In-One key (FCC ID: CWTWBU766), and this remote has been confirmed to work on the 07' Legacy 2.5i. -Bought one and waiting for it to arrive via mail.

Question: Leave the Laser cut key and transponder out of the equation for the sake of the question and simply think remote/fob...Since my 08' Impreza 2.5i remote/fob is also FCC ID: NHVWB1U711 just like my Legacy's, shouldn't the Impreza also be able to recognize the FCC ID: CWTWBU766, as the Legacy will. I want to know if the all in on 09' Legacy remote will work with the system on the 08' Impreza. My deductive reasoning based on my current equipment/ fobs leans me towards a yes. What do the homies think????

IMG_4453b.thumb.jpg.7ec03c97f6ca1d822c9baf34585b4b0d.jpg

57497AG48A_.JPG.9d96c5d829ec2749250568ea24e1371e.JPG

imp08key1.JPG.2cff8d7d64bddd505ea0da22dc08a98d.JPG

57497AJ10A_.jpg.b9184cc062fcdfd3d5ab3096d5652964.jpg

• 10 months later...

Just ordered 2 "All in One" key blanks. The manufacturers code matches the one on Fred Beans so I hope they are the ones with the immobilizer chips as they are not listed in the description :/ The local Autonation Subaru charges $45 flat and no charge for cutting:)

F.B. SKU #: 57497AG48A

eBay SKU #: 57497AG48A

Ones I ordered: http://www.ebay.com/itm/400397716903?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Correct One: http://www.fredbeansparts.com/index.php/subaru-legacy-all-in-one-key.html

I think I did ok... But I know I'm about to get flamed if I didn't:/

• Moderators

NYX, do you have two keys right now? If so, they both have immobilizers in them that you can remove and transfer over.

(Obviously don't remove them both before getting at least one of the new keys cut, lol)

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

NYX, do you have two keys right now? If so, they both have immobilizers in them that you can remove and transfer over.

(Obviously don't remove them both before getting at least one of the new keys cut, lol)

Hahaha yeah definitely don't want to do that!!! lol

Unfortunately I have 1 OEM key fob and 1 aftermarket key that from the looks of was all ready taken apart and had a chip put in it... But long story short I would like to just have the 2 brand new ones and was going to give the original set to my brother for when he needs the car.

I'd just buy the Fred beans key. That is actually a good price and you know they would work

I know, but buying the OEM ones online are half the price:/ I don't have enough money for the LGT and the Xterra both, so I do all the work (if possible) by myself, in my garage... I know it's only another $60+ or so, but that could go towards other parts:)

• 10 months later...
I know, but buying the OEM ones online are half the price:/ I don't have enough money for the LGT and the Xterra both, so I do all the work (if possible) by myself, in my garage... I know it's only another $60+ or so, but that could go towards other parts:)

Be careful, when I did this to my 05 I bought what were suppose to be new "blanks" but they were actually used FOB's with blank key parts. I had the keys cut, but low and behold, they couldn't be linked to my car via the immobilizer, the reason? They were already linked to another car. I ended up just buying the keys from Fred Beans and they worked just fine, had to return the others which was a major pain in the ass.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Bought one of these all in one key fobs from ebay for the 2006 Saabaru. Was wondering if the ones bought from Fred Beans or a dealer have the FCC ID engraved on the back, like what you see in the 1st picture of this thread:

http://saab92x.com/viewtopic.php?id=45898

The one I got has the FCC ID info on the inner battery cover (black plastic). I was able to get it programmed but sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It's not the receiver, the other key fob works fine. I've read there are 2 versions, one with a black inner battery cover and one with a white battery cover - only the black version works. So I'm trying to figure out if they changed the design or if mine is a reproduction.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

• 1 month later...
Bought one of these all in one key fobs from ebay for the 2006 Saabaru. Was wondering if the ones bought from Fred Beans or a dealer have the FCC ID engraved on the back, like what you see in the 1st picture of this thread:

http://saab92x.com/viewtopic.php?id=45898

The one I got has the FCC ID info on the inner battery cover (black plastic). I was able to get it programmed but sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It's not the receiver, the other key fob works fine. I've read there are 2 versions, one with a black inner battery cover and one with a white battery cover - only the black version works. So I'm trying to figure out if they changed the design or if mine is a reproduction.

Ditto, I bought mine [ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IGZQDRU/]here on amazon[/ame]. Like an idiot, I got it cut first and then went to the dealer. No go on the programming. Opened it up - sure enough, it was the version with the white plastic back

IMG_6961.thumb.JPG.f9a11fcddb0e2919b0db4598ff7daccf.JPG

ouch, I've bought around 15-20 from a guy on ebay, but he raised his price to almost twice the cost so I've stopped selling them. They still have them on ebay. Look under CWTWBU766 . Most of the sellers that have multiples of this key to sell will be more than happy to tell if they have the white or black cased remotes. And most will say if you receive the white one and need the black one, then send it back and we will exchange it. Let me know if anyone has any questions. I've learned so much about this stuff in the past 6 months it's insane.

Also, just to throw some info out there for anyone that needs it:

The fcc id CWTWBU766 with the black casing will work with the years and models below:

2002-2007 WRX (2006+ Has Transponder)

2002-2007 STI (2005+ Has Transponder)

2002-2007 Impreza

2005-2009 Legacy (2005+ Has Transponder except 2005 2.5i)

2005-2009 Outback (2005+ Has Transponder except 2005 2.5i)

2003-2008 Forester

The only Legacy that does not have a transponder is the 2005 Legacy 2.5i . The 2005 Legacy 2.5GT does have one and so do all the other years. So, if you have the 2.5i from 2005, then you will not need to have a transponder chip programmed which will save you time and money. 2006 WRX and above years have transponder chips, so if you have a 2005 and below then you do not need to get a chip programmed. 2005 STi's and above have transponder chips, so if you have a 2004 and below, then you do not need a chip programmed.

Programming and Assembly instructions below are extremely useful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScMoXzcyFvk

Transponder? I'm assuming you mean the immobilizer chip.

The 2005-06 Saabaru 9-2X is also compatible. AFAIK only the 2006 9-2X Aero has the immobilizer chip.

Still can't figure out why my key fob isn't working. Haven't had time to change the battery and try programming it again.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

• 4 weeks later...

Confirmed, the key I bought works on my 08 Outback.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Uncut-Replacement-Keyless-Entry-Ignition-Car-Key-Blade-For-CWTWBU766-/360574289251?hash=item53f3e70563:g:t20AAOSwBahVMVxJ&vxp=mtr

http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t503/childreth13/12645065_10100578332399196_7524205404114903615_n_zpsrl4ra9rb.jpg

http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t503/childreth13/11228020_10100578332199596_7723255087958575652_n_zpsgfgk4lqg.jpg

Archived