LegacyGT.com

09 Smaller Key Fob

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I talked to my parts guy today. He said he had a guy with a WRX do it and it wroked except he got a key model w/o an immobilizer chip in it.

I'd say that confirms the laser cut thing..

he wanted to look it up for me.. but I didnt' have my vin. I had to go in the truck to get crush washers for my oil change cos I started it like an idiot w/o making sure I had some.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Anyone have info on programming the FOB? dealer wants 80 bucks to cut and program it.

Only thing you can program yourself is the keyless and the howto is in the owners manual...my dealer only charged me 45 to cut and program it. Half hour of labor...sounds like your dealer is trying to rip you off, what a surprise.

Does anyone have some side-view pictures of this key? How thick is it compared to the teardrop shaped ones? Or compared to the 08 brick-of-a-key?

schwartzki, I wanted to confirm that this part #: 57497AG48A is what you used? 57 dollars for the key/transmitter?

Want to double check, the flipkey for my VW was a couple hundred dollars, so 60 bucks for a key seems awfully cheap. :)

thanks

Does anyone have some side-view pictures of this key? How thick is it compared to the teardrop shaped ones? Or compared to the 08 brick-of-a-key?

schwartzki, I wanted to confirm that this part #: 57497AG48A is what you used? 57 dollars for the key/transmitter?

Want to double check, the flipkey for my VW was a couple hundred dollars, so 60 bucks for a key seems awfully cheap. :)

thanks

57497AG48A is the part number and yes it is only 57...but if you want to pay me a first one to test it recovery fee then perhaps it will make you feel better :)

my flip key for my acura was only 48bucks...apparently ze germans like to charge a bit more. Then again my friend had to get a new lexus key and that was 160 bucks...for a laser cut key...overnight parts from japan

• 4 weeks later...

so the 1 piece key/fob works in an 05?

coooooool.

if I ever have what $200?? I'll have my 2nd key cut. The dealer I bought my car from went out of business before I could have my 2nd key cut. :rolleyes:

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

so the 1 piece key/fob works in an 05?

yes

coooooool.

very cool

if I ever have what $200?? I'll have my 2nd key cut. The dealer I bought my car from went out of business before I could have my 2nd key cut. :rolleyes:

I spent right around 100 total.

60ish for key and 40ish for cutting/programming.

oh.. good call.

my dealer quickly told me this was impossible.. but I haven't pushed the issue. (brokefox is broke..)

maybe in december I'll look at it. :lol: november's not lookin so hot for spare dough either.

oh.. good call.

my dealer quickly told me this was impossible.. but I haven't pushed the issue. (brokefox is broke..)

maybe in december I'll look at it. :lol: november's not lookin so hot for spare dough either.

Yeah, my service guy told me I had the wrong key. I just told him, "No, it will work...I know someone who did it on their 05 outback." He gave me a weird look and said, "huh, that's pretty awesome. I would do that for mine too then - we'll give it a try".

http://www.fredbeansparts.com/servlet/the-3688/Subaru-Legacy-%27All-In/Detail

$65 from Fredbeans and they'll cut the key if you submit your VIN; that means you just have to link the remote, and have the dealer program the transponder.. Which hopefully they'll do for free since you already have it cut and the fob is linked.

(I went through the same thing with my TL; 04-06 had a key and a fob, 07+ had switchblades. Guy on the forum milled the lasercut to a std. machine cut blank, then you just had it cut by a locksmith and programmed -worked great!!)

Archived