LegacyGT.com

09 Smaller Key Fob

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I did the lock/unlock after immobilizer. Don't know if the order matters or not.
Here's proof: Just 1 minute after buying my OBXT, I had 7 phone calls from insanely hot women, and got 7 dates out of it. Coincidence? I think not.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

05-06 flip key on ebay... im thinking about grabbing one for my wifes 05 limited. Wouldnt be that bad, just would have to get someone to cut it... No programming needed, as its NOT an LGT.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-06-2005-2006-SUBARU-LEGACY-OUTBACK-FLIP-KEY-REMOTE-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZMakeQ3aSubaruQ7cModelQ3aLegacyQ7cYearQ3a2005QQhashZitem5884421c6cQQitemZ380176047212QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

anyone recently get a key JUST cut at the stealer?

Ok, hold on. I'm confused.

Is this the same key in both of these pictures?? Both pictures are from this thread.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/billydagwood/autos/Ob09keys1.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/billydagwood/autos/4010897983_644ab7dc7c.jpg

My 05 has the separate key and teardrop fob.

I know in 08 they went to the all-in-one big square one and then later to the all-in-one pentagon one.

But were there two versions of the pentagon one, the second being smaller?

This is what FredBeans is offering: http://www.fredbeansparts.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/5/7/57497ag48a_1.jpg

• 1 month later...
Just bought one of these, had to try it out. Thanks for the chip swap over suggestion, s car go.
Here's proof: Just 1 minute after buying my OBXT, I had 7 phone calls from insanely hot women, and got 7 dates out of it. Coincidence? I think not.

a word to the wise:

if you go for this, make sure you BRING THE LITTLE PLASTIC BAGGIE your new key came in when you go to get the immobilizer programmed. They need the new little code on one of the stickers if you have them do the door clicker for you (in addition to the code on the inside of your old clicker).

a word to the wise:

if you go for this, make sure you BRING THE LITTLE PLASTIC BAGGIE your new key came in when you go to get the immobilizer programmed. They need the new little code on one of the stickers if you have them do the door clicker for you (in addition to the code on the inside of your old clicker).

This is also inside the key. It's not that hard to program the keys to the door I did all of mine myself. The dealer had to do the immobilizer programming though..

I did see that someone else bought a key off eBay...

Just another reminder.. DO NOT buy one of these keys off eBay if your going to have them programmed. If your gonna swap your chip in then sure, but if your going to have them programmed at the dealer then stay away! They will not program if they have already been synced to another car!

Yeah, I didn't open up my new fob to see whether the second code was in there, (I did know about the old code inside the old fob) but they clearly didn't take the initiative either. I asked the dude literally 3 times whether they programmed the clicker for me, and he's like "yes." Good thing i stopped to check. asshats.

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah, the part number listed on FredBeans is 57497AG48A, which should be the smaller key, right?

Same question... the one at FredBeans is the smaller one..... right??

Do they just have a crappy angle in their picture or a picture of an old style or...?

Same question... the one at FredBeans is the smaller one..... right??

Do they just have a crappy angle in their picture or a picture of an old style or...?

Don't worry, it's the smaller one.

Either the picture on the fred beans site is of the larger tribeca one or (perhaps) just plain crappy. In any event, worry not. The one they're selling is DEFINITELY the smaller one from the original post in this thread. Buy from them with confidence.

I can confirm the key from FBP is the smaller key. The key is about the same size as just the 06 key and it has the remote built in too. I got mine Monday but can't use it till I make an appt at the dealer to get the immobilizer set up. I can't wait! (wishing it wasn't going to cost me $50 at the stealer though)

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

Oh, and i bought the switch blade key off ebay (programmable) that was on the page or two before in this thread, for our 05... I returned it. The key seemed really wobbly, and i felt it wouldnt hold up over the long haul.

• 2 weeks later...
Where in these keys are the 8 digit code to program the remote? I had a dealer program the key to my car but they F'd up my old remote so it won't work with the car anymore. I need to try and program my remotes now but from the directions I'll need the code and the dealer didn't give me back the bag the key came in.

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

Archived