LegacyGT.com

The Official 2009 WRX Thread

RobE

*praying for a VF48 with a LGT compressor cover*

I have a hard time believing that Subaru went to an entire STI engine setup for the WRX. Most likely they just got a new turbo and less restrictive exhaust.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't think I liked the new hatch style until I saw an STI in person. I'm very curious about the turbo setup on the new WRX too...

I wonder if they will have the same pistons as the 07/08 STI?

Too much talk about broke pistons is keeping me away from new Subarus.

And I really like my heated seats. :)

My other car is a 1993 Chevy S-10 Tahoe! (Currently being driven to failure by my nephew)

Based on this pic from Edmunds, if it is indeed a variant of the VF48, there is now a bolt-on 300+ WHP IHI produced turbo for the LGT...

And this might mean I go down still another track w/ my car...

+ 1 :)

^ +10000000000000

I really wish this will be the case.

Bolt on 300+ WHP turbo for $400 I guess. That sounds sweet.

yes would be nice. i wanted to do a fmic and sti turbo upgrade this spring and im sure the 09 wrx turbo will cost much less then true sti once ppl start getting rid of them.

fingers crossed!

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

yes would be nice. i wanted to do a fmic and sti turbo upgrade this spring and im sure the 09 wrx turbo will cost much less then true sti once ppl start getting rid of them.

fingers crossed!

i'm with you dude. for those of us who will be happy with 300whp i am hoping for good things.

wonder what the fuel system is on those...

now that i think about it...everything still may be the same for the legacy. to apply that turbo would be no different than doing a vf40-18. cost for the wrx turbo is the only thing that the legacy has going for it. we would still have to doa new tmic, fuel, d/p. etc...

kind of a moot point really.

I see it this way:

Impreza 2.5i = Legacy 2.5i

Impreza GT = Legacy GT

Impreza WRX = Legacy Spec.B (but w/ no additional power)

Legacy 3.0R (no equivalent Impreza)

Impreza STI = Legacy tuned by STI (though only 280hp for manual, 260hp auto)

Impreza STI S204 = Legacy STI S402 (only 280 hp).

It's surprising that they still have the Legacy STI models at lower hp than the Impreza STI models, and still surprising that they haven't brought them to the US yet. What are they waiting for?

Legacy GT and Spec B should get the bump. Even just as a final year of the bodystyle gesture.

C'mon 265hp... that is like a stage 0.5 reflash, honestly. (who throws his shoe?) And if they can afford to upgrade the turbo in the WRX over the iGT, they can definitely put it on the LGT and spec B. It is the same engine!!!

Drove one at Subiefest today. Clutch is way too light for my liking. Didn't have too much seat time, but it seemed similar to a LGT with regards to power delivery, but with more body roll (so the rocking motion during accel/brake is emphasized).
-ben

I love what subaru have done here, 265hp car for 25k or less once the hype dies down, looks so much better than the 08 with such subtle changes, just watching a review of it on nasioc, but you can pay what 35k-40k for an sti? why would ya do it? for 35hp? and slightly better suspension, im sure with that extra 10k in your pocket you could turn that wrx into an m3 killer let alone a stock sti, i think they may just have to up the sti power too :D

Archived