LegacyGT.com

The Official 2009 WRX Thread

RobE

;1991900']It doesn't take a clairvoyant to realize that the Ralliart has shown up to a gunfight with the WRX armed with only a knife.

It's probably more accurate to say that it showed up to a knife fight and got ambushed by the WRX carrying a gun. :lol:

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest heightsgtltd
;1991900']The new WRX has better summer performance tires and better suspension than the old WRX. The Ralliart's tires are only 215 mm wide and mounted on heavy 18" rims while the new WRX's tires are 225 mm wide and mounted on lighter 17" rims. The Ralliart is about 330 lbs heavier than the WRX and yet it has 28 fewer horsepower. And the Ralliart's transmission won't let you launch it hard without seriously burning up a clutch' date=' so that kills its 0-60 and 1/4 mile times. It doesn't take a clairvoyant to realize that the Ralliart has shown up to a gunfight with the WRX armed with only a knife.[/quote']

The Ralliart comes with the same DSG style auto that the evo does. No manual.

Which division of Subaru do you work for again? :lol:

The Ralliart comes with the same DSG style auto that the evo does. No manual.
Duh! From Edmunds:
Lazy Launch

On the drag strip, the Ralliart's transmission programming didn't do it any favors either. If you simply whack the throttle to the floor from a standstill, the tach slowly ramps up to about 3,500 rpm, and the clutch gently releases the car. Smooth, yes. Fast, not so much. As a result, 60 mph arrives in about 6.6 seconds (6.2 seconds with 1 foot of rollout like on a drag strip).

Of course, there are a couple tenths to be found if you don't mind burning the clutch down by simultaneously standing on both the throttle and the brakes before leaving the line, but we'd hate to be the next in line to drive a car so grossly and childishly abused.

The twin-clutch transmission clicks off upshifts measured in milliseconds, so by the end of the quarter-mile, the Ralliart is really feeling its oats with a 14.8-second run at 94.6 mph.

Guest heightsgtltd

Interesting.. Haven't heard anything about burning clutch down with the DSG or other systems :munch:

But you didn't answer my question :lol:

;1991900'] It doesn't take a clairvoyant to realize that the Ralliart has shown up to a gunfight with the WRX armed with only a knife.

Actually, I think the only thing it can compete with is the 2009 Impreza GT. If I was looking for something that was under $30K, and was quick/fan - regardless if it was a manual or auto - my first choice would be the 2009 WRX. The 2009 RalliArt vs 2009 WRX is a not contest - right off the bat, the WRX wins.

As I recall the Legacy's went down 1 MPG also.

I guess Subaru is going backwars when it comes to gas mileage.

Why not bring the 2.0 liter rex motor back out, throw on a vf39 and focus a tad on economy :) That combo would yield 27-30 on the highway I would think.

Holly body roll Batman

Seriously my 1996 Impreza LX with 120,000 miles on it had less body roll than that.

Granted it was a coupe alot lighter and no where near as fast, but come on SOA what happened to your old way thinking. Soft springs are one thing but lack of roll control is completely unacceptable.

Holly body roll Batman

Seriously my 1996 Impreza LX with 120,000 miles on it had less body roll than that.

Granted it was a coupe alot lighter and no where near as fast, but come on SOA what happened to your old way thinking. Soft springs are one thing but lack of roll control is completely unacceptable.

WTF are you babbling about?

Archived