LegacyGT.com

The Official 2009 WRX Thread

RobE

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand what all the fuss is about.

So the 08 WRX owners get a car with less power...so what, subaru needs to to something to combat the lancer ralliart, which they have.

Taking a quick look at prices:

The 08 WRX MSRP is just under $25k

The 08 STI MSRP is just under $35k

Surprise surprise when pricing is released in August for the 09 model.

My money is on:

09 I-GT MSRP : $25k

09 WRX MSRP : $30k

09 STI MSRP : $35k

I also like those wheels are those smoked 08 WRX wheels? Looks nice!

So 08 owners get less, well they would have paid less overall. Sounds fair to me.

grumblegrumble4eatgrumblegrumble

Nice shot in the arm for the 5MT Rex, though, and hopefully there'll be something similar in store for the next Legacy. But maybe the auto (DCT? :lol:) will take the same power as the MT....

sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

It looks much better, I am partial to the 5 door. However I wonder who peak power now at 6000RPM and peak torque at 4000RPM translates into real world driving. The 2008 WRX was a pleasant car in traffic and typical driving conditions due to near peak torque available much lower in the RPM range.

Well, since it's the US dollar that's dropping, as Subaru prices rise, the BMW prices will rise too.

Legacy is made here, actually significant numbers of parts is made in the U.S as well. Legacy/Outback pricing should remain competitive.

I still don't understand what I'm getting for nearly 27-28k in a WRX. That has got to be a money-maker for Subaru.

Out of all the cars/trim levels Subaru offers, the WRX is one of the few I truly don't understand. For what it offers over the base Impreza, it doesn't justify the price increase.

This coming from a guy who bought a Saab 9-2x Aero (2005 WRX Wagon).....for $18,500 w/ a 5-speed and heated seats.

OR... they will DECREASE the power because... well... you know... they'll do it... cause... it's SOA. :lol:

this wouldn't surprise me at all. the legacy doesn't have as many competetors as the WRX. even if it does get bumped to 265 they'll add 300 lbs to the curb weight so it won't be any faster.

This coming from a guy who bought a Saab 9-2x Aero (2005 WRX Wagon).....for $18,500 w/ a 5-speed and heated seats.

I really liked that GM made a freebie in that car. :lol: Wish I could have snagged one. :D

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

X5, X6 and X3 turds, I believe.

You are right. I am actually only about 20 miles down the road from it right now. They are expanding the plant by 60% to make more cars. The parking lot is filled with 3 series.

Archived