LegacyGT.com

The Official 2009 WRX Thread

RobE

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The official pricing hasn't been released yet, and edmunds has been wrong before. But they will have to be priced well to keep sales up in the face of higher gas prices. And they're going to have to do something to the legacy GT as well. who is going to buy a Legacy GT now that the wrx is basically the same size car, only it's faster, handles better and costs less. the interior and features on the Legacy GT will not sway many performance oriented customers to upgrade. the only reason i bought one was to get more interior room, but that upgrade no longer exists.

^^^ Not to mention you can actually get a WRX 5MT wagon.

MY09 Legacy is really a lame duck MY, if MY10 is not a brand new design for the USDM then it's sales number is going to be awful.

Well, it depends on what they do with the '10 Legacy. If they mess it up, the '09 might be a banner sales year! But I agree, option/upgrade-wise, nothin much is happenin, which may drive many to the WRX.

Hmmm...I like the power and suspension upgrades, but with that body kit and those narrow tires, it just looks like the "sport" version Corrola...which is very lame, you hear that Subaru, LAME!

but if you add a tune to a '09... :eek::D

I think it would be cheaper to buy an used VF40 or 46 from the LGT and put that in the '08 than eat the depreciation. I still haven't heard what turbo is in the '09 WRX but with 265 hp I would think it would be a similar turbo if not VF46 itself.

I think it would be cheaper to buy an used VF40 or 46 from the LGT and put that in the '08 than eat the depreciation.
hes looking at a '08 or '09...

404 Depreciation Not Found.

I still haven't heard what turbo is in the '09 WRX but with 265 hp I would think it would be a similar turbo if not VF46 itself.
the turbo will be bigger than the vf40/46.

hes looking at a '08 or '09...

404 Depreciation Not Found.

I'm seriously thinking about sticking w/ an '08 WRX instead...I mean 40 bhp, thats easily attainable w/ a tune, correct? Visually, I don't see much of a difference. The grille can be modified.

I see, going by his previous post I thought he was thinking about trading in his '08 for a '09. There is no reason to buy an '08 right now unless the dealer is going to give you a killer deal.

What makes you say that? 265 chp is obviously well within the capability of the VF40/46. It would make more sense for Subaru to stay with a turbo already in their inventory. The WRX is basically a LGT underneath, why go through the trouble of trying out a new turbo?

You are right, they apparently went with the STI turbo...

The additional motivation comes courtesy of the WRX STI turbocharger (with a slightly different trim). A larger-diameter exhaust and more efficient catalytic converters reduce exhaust backpressure by 30 percent relative to the 2008 WRX. Peak boost is up to 13.3 psi from the '08 model's 11.4 psi.
Looks like '09 WRX is going to have lots potential at $25k.

The WRX now gets the same turbocharger as found on the (305-hp) STi that churns out 13.3 psi, up from 11.4 on the previous model. The exhaust system and catalytic converter has been modified allowing for 30 percent more flow. These two changes plus updates in the ECU netted 41 more hp and 18 lb-ft more than the previous model. Looking at a torque curve chart, the line is nearly flat from 2,500 revs all the way to 5,000.

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080814/FREE/329354049/1065

Hrmmmm... I wonder if this is really a "STI" style turbo.

Archived