LegacyGT.com

GT-R; Car an Driver keeps slowing down

First is was 11.8, then it was 12.5, now it is 12.6 in the 1/4 mile for the GT-R :lol:

In this months' issue they test the Z06, Viper ACR, 911 GT2 and the Almighty GT-R at an actual race track (for all you real racers out there) and even though the GT-R was slower than the Viper by 5.4 SECONDS around a 2.7 mile track, they declared the GT-R the winner, even though it has no soul :lol:

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First is was 11.8, then it was 12.5, now it is 12.6 in the 1/4 mile for the GT-R :lol:

In this months' issue they test the Z06, Viper ACR, 911 GT2 and the Almighty GT-R at an actual race track (for all you real racers out there) and even though the GT-R was slower than the Viper by 5.4 SECONDS around a 2.7 mile track, they declared the GT-R the winner, even though it has no soul :lol:

Errr.... What's your point?

The GT-R has gotten 2 so-so reviews and performance results, that were both from C&D. The GT2 and Viper ACR both are track made specific cars, that have Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tires that are 80 tread wear. It was a dumb comparison.... Comparing track cars to the GT-R and Z06.

The funny thing is....

The new M3 beat out the GT-R in the last comparo that C&D did!

So, in C&D's world, the M3 > GT2, Viper ACR, Z06 and GT-R:lol:

People, are speculating the C&D are engaged in a practice, known on the interweb as "trolling".

You don't want to merge this post with your other GTR thread?;);)

Do you know how long rao has had to wait for bad reviews of the GT-R? He literally had to skim threw thousands of the "GT-R is the greatest car ever reviews" to get these couple of medicore reviews from C&D.

Let him feel smug for a bit:lol:

Do you know how long rao has had to wait for bad reviews of the GT-R? He literally had to skim threw thousands of the "GT-R is the greatest car ever reviews" to get these couple of medicore reviews from C&D.

Let him feel smug for a bit:lol:

:lol:

I don't feel smug. The point is that you can't believe everything, or really, anything that you read in them. The GT-R was the fastest car EVAR for a while and when it is ow slower on an actual track it is still the best car.

The GT-R(pre production spec, north american spec, japanese spec, customer cars etc) has plenty of head to head comparos and they all have had similar results (opinion and performance wise). Until, the C&D reviews.

So... The only thing I can discern from this, is that things at C&D aren't kosher.

Knowing C&D, I bet the GT-R won because it's the only one of the 4 with back seats... :lol:

Precisely. I'm waiting for the C&D Nissan GTR vs Formula F1 Ferrari vs new M3.

Of course the M3 will come out on top as the king of cars.

Some car mag from the UK had a test between the Ferrari F1 car, the 348 TB and the f40...this back in 1992. The f1 car was faster from 155-185 than the F40 was from 0-60!

Rehab is for quitters.

Had the opportunity recently to drive a 08 Z06 with a few "bolt ons" very......very impressive for a car that can be had for under 70K

The car is def more than just a str8 line performer

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Doesn't matter.

PhilT still thinks it's new king of cars and that it has manual transmission.

:lol:

Show me a faster street car around the Nurburgring for under $100,000 ;)

and before you go off on one of your typical tirades, why Nurburgring ? because that's the benchmark test track, where all the manufacturers test !

It is forbidden for a BMW or Honda to lose a comparison, Nissan needs to step up the donations and their car will get alot better. I always like the " gotta have it factor" and such also. The GTR looks pretty cool but I'm not OVERLy impressed with it. Besides the GTR has pretty much eliminated the driver from any scenario, it does all the wok to make you go fast.

Show me a faster street car around the Nurburgring for under $100,000 ;)

and before you go off on one of your typical tirades, why Nurburgring ? because that's the benchmark test track, where all the manufacturers test !

I didn't read the article but I'll bet the Z06 was within 1 or 2 seconds of the GTR or faster on the Nurburgring so I'll take that and $20K in gas instead of the GTR. Definately beat the balls off the GTR in a straight line.

GTR= 11.8 1/4

Z06= 10.8 1/4

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=469NvIOiz7U]YouTube - Ranger C6Z06 10.85 Bone-Stock on Drag Radials[/ame]

I didn't read the article but I'll bet the Z06 was within 1 or 2 seconds of the GTR or faster on the Nurburgring so I'll take that and $20K in gas instead of the GTR

Agreed. I'd take Z06 over GT-R. At least it's actually manual.

Legacy > All Cars :lol:

Seriously though, C&D are a bunch of BMW fanbois.

i want to see those cars do a half road half dirt course i bet the legacy would beat em.... lol:spin:

......even though it has no soul :lol:

I don't know if that is from the magazine or your opinion but I DISAGREE......Y'all can write/argue, state facts and opinions, compare in every which way but bottom line is, imho the GTR has a lot of history and soul......Peace

If money were not an issue, there would be 1 in my possesion......

I don't know if that is from the magazine or your opinion but I DISAGREE......Y'all can write/argue, state facts and opinions, compare in every which way but bottom line is, imho the GTR has a lot of history and soul......Peace

If money were not an issue, there would be 1 in my possesion......

sucks they didnt cary the skyline name

i saw a heavily modded skyline(the previous one in RHD) parked on the street in newport RI a monthor two ago. looked tight

Archived