LegacyGT.com

GT-R; Car an Driver keeps slowing down

But on the flipside, I guarantee that if you go to a ws6/Pontiac forum, their won't be a lot of respect for Subaru's or AWD cars for that matter.

Actually quite the opposite, there are a ton of LSX guys who adore Subaru's (including myself) and you'd be surprised the positive comments they get mostly for their awesome AWD system and great engines. We just get tired of hearing ignorant "Mullett" comments all the time. The LSX is a pretty sophisticated engine, even it has pushrods. It's a product of more then 50 years of research, not many car companies can claim that. You won't see many 12 second Subarus bumping out 30MPG (6Spd, not auto)on the highway with civil driving manners . My Biggest gripe was GM mostly raiding the parts bin for the later F-bodies, I mean come on my WS6 has a Minivan steering, WTF is up with that?

and Iwannasportsedan, very nice well thought out post with good points. The live rear axle definately isn't ideal for bumpy roads/road courses but it will hold it's own in the handling department, just a little scarier to drive. I think IRS should have been an option and I believe it is standard equipment for the 5th Gen. The later F-bod's (and the new stang's) 3 link rear was a pretty good set-up once they got the shock/spring rates correct. My car sees alot of 1/4 mile duty but it does see autocross and road course time as well and it is more then capable at each. I didn't gut it, put in 50/50 shocks and springs to make it a 1/4 mile king, in fact it has all the OEM equiment except the A.I.R. injection system and rear seats. What sucks is with me and a 1/4 tank of gas it tips the scales close to 3900#'s.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually quite the opposite, there are a ton of LSX guys who adore Subaru's (including myself) and you'd be surprised the positive comments they get mostly for their awesome AWD system and great engines. We just get tired of hearing ignorant "Mullett" comments all the time. The LSX is a pretty sophisticated engine, even it has pushrods. You won't see many 12 second Subarus bumping out 30MPG on the highway with civil driving manners . My Biggest gripe was GM mostly raiding the parts bin for the later F-bodies, I mean come on my WS6 has a Minivan steering, WTF is up with that?

I will take your word for it as far as the forums are concerned. I just have been to a couple of car shows that have been predominantly domestics and there is nothing but hate on the wagon because its consider a rice burner. :lol:

The only car I really honestly can't stand is a Mustang GT. (I think its got to do with the majority of the douchebags that seem to drive them)

On the subject of Pontiac's.....A couple of months ago, I was riding along with an 06 GTO. We ended up chatting afterwards and he was pretty cool. He was very surprised when I pulled a couple car lengths on him from a 45-50 mph roll, but he did give me plenty of respect. ;)

There were a few people on the ls1 forums who made fun of the legacy but for the most part people were very interested.

Probably got their ass beat by one, the Legacy is a cool ass ride and with just a couplemods can hang with any of the 97-00 LSX cars.

The only car I really honestly can't stand is a Mustang GT. (I think its got to do with the majority of the douchebags that seem to drive them)

;)

LMAO! What is it about Mustang guys anyway? Even the GT500 is a dog but they are always the first to run their mouths. Most of the guys I hang with will give the nod to any tastefully built performance car, I hate guys who rag on people just because of the make of something. Now if you show up with 4 spoilers and light up LED exhaust pipes you'll get what is coming to ya.

Maybe on THAT WS6.....

Probably not an 01-02 car, there are alot of differences between the 98-00 and 01-02. The 01-02 had different heads, a different cam, different injectors and the LS6 intake manifold, they were rated at 335 HP but put close to that to the wheels (mine was 331 stock). 98-00 was a 13.4-13.7 car depending on the year, the 01-02 was 12.7-13.0. Either that guy had an old one or he was in the wrong gear because at those speeds you'd be in the heart of the LS1 powerband. It's weaker on the low end then up top, damn thing revs like a 4 cyl from 3000-redline. But what do I know, it isn't like I own both...oh wait....

I don't know the stage 2 package very well (and feel free to enlighten me since I don't know) but if it got you into the 12's I'd be surprised, I just ran mine Stage 1 the other night and only picked up .3 from when I ran it stock (13.9 to a 13.6). Weather wasn't quite as good so maybe it has a 13.4 in it. And the tuner only cost me twice what the cam for the T/A did and that knocked a full second off my E/T and gave me 48 more RWH and it was, by most standards, a very small cam for an LS1.

Edit: Besides I think racing from a roll is kind of retarded anyway, although on street tires the Subaru would probably be better off from a standstill.

Edit #2: I especially love the "They run out of steam at 5500RPM" comment, that gave me a good chuckle, stockers pull hard to the 6500RPM redline and mine is tagged for 7300 (stock block and crank) rev limit, but admittadly stops making power at a meager 7150

LMAO! What is it about Mustang guys anyway? Even the GT500 is a dog but they are always the first to run their mouths. Most of the guys I hang with will give the nod to any tastefully built performance car, I hate guys who rag on people just because of the make of something. Now if you show up with 4 spoilers and light up LED exhaust pipes you'll get what is coming to ya.

Easy now.......

My rustang project is just about complete....not all mustang guys have the ole muleyt;)

In my area the most obnoxious by far are the VTaaaaaaaaaak boyeeeeeeez:rolleyes:

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

89 fox Lx vert...making a show/strip car

T.T. 347;):):):)

2970lbs

As far as the Z06 goes......you can get a loaded one down here for under 70k no problem. It's easy to say it's a mullet car until you actually drive one;)

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Ahhh the dreaded LX.Can't tell ya how many times I've been beat by one of them, normally the coupe. Sounds like a good deal, hope it works good for you. Yeah not sure where someone saw a Z06 for $100K but the dealers were strictly forbidden to mark them up from day one. If someone did it they could get their pee pee wacked by GM if they get caught

Easy now.......

My rustang project is just about complete....not all mustang guys have the ole muleyt;)

In my area the most obnoxious by far are the VTaaaaaaaaaak boyeeeeeeez:rolleyes:

There used to be a 89 Supercharged Mustang LX down near my highschool town and it was a undercover COP car. :eek:

Ahhh the dreaded LX.Can't tell ya how many times I've been beat by one of them, normally the coupe. Sounds like a good deal, hope it works good for you. Yeah not sure where someone saw a Z06 for $100K but the dealers were strictly forbidden to mark them up from day one. If someone did it they could get their pee pee wacked by GM if they get caught

Just go to Z06Vette.com and search for dealer markup. Here is a quote from a thread where the OP email dealer about pricing.

"The Z06 will be selling at 24K over MSRP. We were alotted 5 total due to overall sales.4 have allready been presold. The yellow unit is the only one available at this time. Our research tells us that the dealers that have access to units are 30 to 35k over MSRP. There are dealers that state they will sell a unit at MSRP - but they do not have any allocation. (they will probably hold your funds till next year when G.M. "might" open up order allocation.)

We sell the other models at or just below MSRP.

By the way, my compensation is not tied to the price of the vehicle. Therefore, my objective is the same as yours... to help you find a vehicle that meets YOUR needs."

Maybe on THAT WS6.....

Probably not an 01-02 car, there are alot of differences between the 98-00 and 01-02. The 01-02 had different heads, a different cam, different injectors and the LS6 intake manifold, they were rated at 335 HP but put close to that to the wheels (mine was 331 stock). 98-00 was a 13.4-13.7 car depending on the year, the 01-02 was 12.7-13.0. Either that guy had an old one or he was in the wrong gear because at those speeds you'd be in the heart of the LS1 powerband. It's weaker on the low end then up top, damn thing revs like a 4 cyl from 3000-redline. But what do I know, it isn't like I own both...oh wait....

I don't know the stage 2 package very well (and feel free to enlighten me since I don't know) but if it got you into the 12's I'd be surprised, I just ran mine Stage 1 the other night and only picked up .3 from when I ran it stock (13.9 to a 13.6). Weather wasn't quite as good so maybe it has a 13.4 in it. And the tuner only cost me twice what the cam for the T/A did and that knocked a full second off my E/T and gave me 48 more RWH and it was, by most standards, a very small cam for an LS1.

Edit: Besides I think racing from a roll is kind of retarded anyway, although on street tires the Subaru would probably be better off from a standstill.

Edit #2: I especially love the "They run out of steam at 5500RPM" comment, that gave me a good chuckle, stockers pull hard to the 6500RPM redline and mine is tagged for 7300 (stock block and crank) rev limit, but admittadly stops making power at a meager 7150

A stage 2 setup, which is down pipe up pipe and a tune is not gonna take a 6 speed ls1 with a good driver, a stage 2 with some supporting mods i have seen go high 12s so that could keep up with a stock ls1 car. As for 12.7 to 13.0 flat car, almost noone runs 12s with a bone stock down to the tires ls1 car. low 13s yes but not 12s. My 2000 went a 13.2 bone stock it didnt have the ls6 intake manifold but it did have the 241 casting heads because it was made late 2000. As for the cam differences the 99 had the biggest cam out of any year ls1 car so that didnt benefit the 01 and 02s at all. All ls1 cars 99+ should dyno pretty damn close to the same and the difference in hp can easily be made up by the drivers. My T/A made 427rwhp when i got rid of it. What did yours dyno with the cam setup you have? The redline on a f-body is 6200 mine with the cam setup would pull hard to just over 7k, but the only reason the redline was set at 6200 stop was because the stock pushrods would bend after that, replace those and you have nothing to worry about.

As for the GT-R i would love to drive one but i wouldnt take one over a c6 z06 or zr-1, the fact that its auto only just means nissan is now a company for gays or they want spec v sales to be higher by making it the only version in stick.

GTR 12.6 1/4 mile :lol: hell my base Corvette should do that fast and it was $50k OTD :spin:

What happens when you run into one that runs 1/4 mile in 11.1 @ 124 mph;):lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU_EUvR4RW4]YouTube - Haltech R35 GTR Runs 11.1 @ 124mph[/ame]

wow!

Your hand has more then 5 digits?:lol:

If you have one post up some details and timeslips - not "it would have rrun 12's if...." :lol: When pressed for details the number of 12 second pump gas Legacy GTs drops like a rock ;)

As for that race prepped GT-R - if 11.1 seconds is fast for a race car then you must be into Junior Dragsters :lol:

What happens when you run into one that runs 1/4 mile in 11.1 @ 124 mph;):lol:

You know whats funny is i have seen stock c6 z06s with just drag radials run 10.8s. So the answer to your question is put new tires on your vette. Or a cam, whichever you like. Either way the ls7 can produce 730crank hp when builtcorrectly and still be a turn key car with no problems on the street. Now if you wanna go with forced induction the sky is the limit but when your talking 1500hp the street gets a little blurry

Archived