LegacyGT.com

GT-R; Car an Driver keeps slowing down

I didn't read the article but I'll bet the Z06 was within 1 or 2 seconds of the GTR or faster on the Nurburgring so I'll take that and $20K in gas instead of the GTR. Definately beat the balls off the GTR in a straight line.

GTR= 11.8 1/4

Z06= 10.8 1/4

Don't tell me, you live your life 1/4 mile at a time ? :lol:

Actually it was 17 seconds ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordschleife_fastest_lap_times

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally Posted by NY2005GT viewpost.gif

I didn't read the article but I'll bet the Z06 was within 1 or 2 seconds of the GTR or faster on the Nurburgring so I'll take that and $20K in gas instead of the GTR. Definately beat the balls off the GTR in a straight line.

GTR= 11.8 1/4

Z06= 10.8 1/4

This is what happens when you assume things. :lol:

I don't know if that is from the magazine or your opinion but I DISAGREE......Y'all can write/argue, state facts and opinions, compare in every which way but bottom line is, imho the GTR has a lot of history and soul......Peace

If money were not an issue, there would be 1 in my possesion......

That was taken directly from the article. The GT-R "won" the test even though it was not even close to the fastest around the track and it "has no soul" :lol:

I didn't read the article but I'll bet the Z06 was within 1 or 2 seconds of the GTR or faster on the Nurburgring so I'll take that and $20K in gas instead of the GTR.

Where did you get $20k from?

GT-R's MSRP is $69,850 and the Z06's MSRP is $71,275. The Z06 is actually more expensive than the GT-R. And let's not get into dealer markup, I know when the Z06 first hit the lot it was going for up to $100k. There is no doubt both of them are great performance bargains. It's really depend on what you are looking for.

Agreed.

The GTR is for the Playstation generation, and the Z06 is for people with mullets :lol:

could not agreee more with that statement. That should be the corvette tagline

Made for rednecks, right here in the good 'ol US of A :lol:

Lol you guys are dumb, the covette was never a redneck car. If you think redneck when you think of Americas number 1 supercar for 50 years, then you think redneck when you think American Cars. Which is an ignorant statement

Well that jsut means that there is a whole bunch of guys with mullets who are cooler than you because they own a c6 z06 an they have more money. Most people who buy 70k cars dont have mullets, they also dont usually have time for playstation lol.

Not just a 1/4 mile at a time ;) but you get more street credit for that since it is a universally understood language. I'd rather have the big right foot then a car that can only truly be appreciated on a closed course. On the street the Vette is gonna stomp it's guts out, sowill the Viper and probably a dozen other cars. And for the 17 seconds I'll still keep the $20,000. I'll be shocked if you can actually get a GT-R for less then $100K when it finally shows up. Like the GT500, list price of $40,000, but if you want one you;ll pay $65,000. I've always thought dealer mark up as a bunch of BS but as long as people will pay for it they'll keep doing it. That was something GM forbid dealers to doith the Z06 so kudos to them. However the GT-R is definately a cool car, I just don't think it is worth the lofty price tag it carries.

Well that jsut means that there is a whole bunch of guys with mullets who are cooler than you because they own a c6 z06 an they have more money. Most people who buy 70k cars dont have mullets, they also dont usually have time for playstation lol.

LOL on the playstation quote. I'll stick with real world while I comb out my mullet behind the wheel of my trans am while I watch the GT-R in my rear view, fadin away. Let the kiddies play the video games with the "cool car" in playstation world, where the GT-R rules all.

Just because you own a ZO6 doesn't automatically make you cool. ;)

Douchebags drive Porsche's too, lets not forget that.

LOL on the playstation quote. I'll stick with real world while I comb out my mullet behind the wheel of my trans am while I watch the GT-R in my rear view, fadin away. Let the kiddies play the video games with the "cool car" in playstation world, where the GT-R rules all.

Hahah i love this guy, hey man nice choice with the WS6 I had a 2000 T/A. You will find that legacygt.com is one of the only places where you will not get credit for having that car. People here hate pontiacs and live axle rear ends lol.

People here hate pontiacs and live axle rear ends lol.

I don't hate Pontiac's at all. The new G8 is tight as hell.

But on the flipside, I guarantee that if you go to a ws6/Pontiac forum, their won't be a lot of respect for Subaru's or AWD cars for that matter.

Actually i found that on the ls1 forums I had alot more people interested in my legacy and talking about how much they liked them and what could be done with them and when i came here and mentioned my T/A i was made fun of for it many times, i think 2 or 3 people were actually ok to talk about it without getting defensive and automatically putting the car down. There were a few people on the ls1 forums who made fun of the legacy but for the most part people were very interested.

Lol you guys are dumb, the covette was never a redneck car. If you think redneck when you think of Americas number 1 supercar for 50 years, then you think redneck when you think American Cars. Which is an ignorant statement

I would be VERY careful about calling a corvette a supercar.

It is, by definition, a sports car (2-doors, 2 seats, built puroposefully for performance), with a bit of a muscle-car tendency with it's emphasis on V8 power, and being used more than most sports cars for drag racing, which is typically Muscle Car (bigger, 2+2 coupes with heavy engine emphasis) territory.

The new ZR1 might be considered a lower-end supercar due to price and exclusivity. (It isn't exactly a Reventón, or Enzo)

But Z06, and other Vettes are sports cars, not supercars.

But I do agree that the redneck comments are a bit inappropriate, due to being less than completely accurate.

Not just a 1/4 mile at a time ;) but you get more street credit for that since it is a universally understood language. I'd rather have the big right foot then a car that can only truly be appreciated on a closed course.

Most cars that are very good on a "closed" road course, as long as they are street legal, are VERY fun on curvy real-world roads.

The GT-R is more of a powerful Sport Coupe than a dyed-in-the-wool sports car, more like the BMW M3, or S5, or 4-seat 911s, due to the GT-R's 2+2 configuration, and heavier weight. That classification does not negate the fact that it is a VERY fast car, faster than sports cars, and nearly as fast or faster than some "supercars".

The lines can be blurry, but there are still ways to classify (number of doors and number of seats, and platform base are primary). And cars of differing classifications can sometimes be appropriately compared, sometimes not. One wouldn't compare a miata to a GT-R for instance. But the Miata IS a sports car by definition, more than GT-R is. GT-R is several times faster, more powerful, and more expensive, and almost twice the weight.

Different steel horses for different asphalt courses.

You will find that legacygt.com is one of the only places where you will not get credit for having that car. People here hate pontiacs and live axle rear ends lol.

I like pontiacs. I wish they had better support from the GM management. G8 looks to be fantastic, for the big car that it is.

I like the late model Firebirds (TA's aerokit was a bit over-stated, IMHO. The Formula V8 is more understated and sleek) Although almost all of them have body-colored "basket handles". Blacked out B-pillar arches always look better on those cars, and make them look more like a jet canopy... Speaking of jets, did Firebird ever get GM's HUD, or was that a Grand Prix exclusive thing for Pontiac? I wish THAT was more common to ALL automotive manufacturers, as well.

But, me NOT being a quarter-miler, and liking to drive on curvy public roads, which usually are not race-track smooth, live-axle sucks, compared to a good independent design. Just a matter of physics.

But in terms of a good looking car, with a sleek profile, and T-roof... Firebird Formula is hard to beat. This from a former, recovered Mustang fanatic. I don't like the live axle on the Mustang either, for the same reason. Hard to justify a live axle on a performance car, when *SUVs* are getting IRS, so not to ride like the trucks that they are...

I figure drag racers are modifiers almost by default, they can modify an IRS car to have a live axle easier than going the other direction, if that is what they want. Why should a street driver have to do without an independent suspension on the street?

Z06 and GT-R, and just about every other car on the market do quite well with IRS. :D

Archived