LegacyGT.com

School me on home brewing

rc0032

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm going to dump a 1/2 mesh bag of it in the keg during conditioning. I found the recipe on homebrewtalk.com & the guy said any more than a couple days in the keg brought in too much coconut flavor.
Tits mcgee

I lost my batch Zombie Dust clone. MY homebrew shop was destroyed in flooding this week. Its been a sad few days for them

Are you talking about Nepenthe in Baltimore?

I didn't even know they existed until this week, when I saw in the news that the businesses in that area got flooded. I've been going to The Thirsty Brewer, which is a good bit further from my house.

Are you talking about Nepenthe in Baltimore?

I didn't even know they existed until this week, when I saw in the news that the businesses in that area got flooded. I've been going to The Thirsty Brewer, which is a good bit further from my house.

Yeah. They got fucked up real bad. Spent all day yesterday down there gutting the store of everything and inventorying and just busting asses down there. 30+ people showed up, it was pretty amazing.

Usually not for ground/flood water.... Hopefully they were in a flood plain and forced to have it. :/

They are covered by the government flood insurance. adjuster was there yesterday, but im not sure how it went. They are going to probably get nickle and dimed to death

• Moderators

That flooding situation blows, sorry to hear :(

On another note, we kegged our saison last night and transferred our pliny clone to a secondary. Dry hopped it also and it should be ready to keg in about 2 weeks. I am excite!

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Has anyone had gumball head before? I'm trying to find a good recipe to do this weekend.

Also might be trying a SMaSH as well. Anyone got experience with any of these?

• Mega Users
Haven't had gumball head, but I've done a couple of smashes. Marris otter or vienna malt for a base malt works great. Still a good idea to add in a bit of flaked barley though. I usually do half a pound to a pound depending on gravity. Vienna and cascade makes a great pale ale. Marris Otter and east kent golding smash makes a great british pale, ipa or barleywine.

• 2 weeks later...

Worst brew night ever Saturday night. I dropped my hydrometer and test tube, both broke. Experienced a clogged drain (I will take my time and open it slowly from now on instead of full force). I ran out of propane, that was like 2 minutes of no boil and missed a hope schedule by about 5 minutes….

Hopefully it comes out alright, the activity is rapid, I think since the tube was clogged, there’s more for the yeast to feed on.

And that is my sob whining story

I think I'm the only person who hasn't broken a hydrometer. Been using it for 4 years now.

I never broke one either :)

http://www.autoditex.com/img/Products/Refractometer/Refractometer.JPG

Archived