Official WISLOC Thread

zzztech13

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You guys should be full of ideas about the places where we could grab a bite while in Madison.

Are you looking for anything specific? I mean there's Hooters, Texas Roadhouse, places like that, etc. I'm not sure if there is much "local flair" or something specific Madison is known for. I know they have a micro-brewery (Capitol Beer), but since we're doing the New Glarus thing already I dunno. I'll ask around and see what I can come up with.

If you are looking for good places for car nuts, there's Quaker Steak & Lube on Hwy.14 (you can see it from the Beltline if you're looking to the west) in Middleton. There's also a 50's diner called Gus's on 151 around Sun Prairie. It's where the old 5 and Diner was. Those are two of our favorites when we're just out for a back road cruise.

First post updated. I will be marking all cars that have GPS and Radio w/ 2 yellow dots on front and rear windshield. All cars w/ Radio only will have 1 yellow dot.

PLEASE be at the southeast corner of the SEARS parking lot at 745 am so I can get this done in time to roll out for New Glarus @ 800am sharp.

MAD99- Will you be meeting all of us @ New Glarus or waiting for us to show up in Madtown?

• 1 month later...
I saw a post for the fall cruise on IWSTI. A few of us have been trying to get a bunch of suby guys together for a cruise or something. We have been trying to get together every other weekend or so and go to the track, Auto X or a cruise. So far there is about a handful of us in the Milwaukee, Waukesha, Racine, and I think a couple from the Germantown areas. We would like to meet up with more people. I will try to watch this form and keep you guys posted. If you guys want you can check out the Official Wisconsin Thread on IWSTI as well.

Welcome mstinger2003! Please check back here often because things pop up frequently. The first post in this thread is the best place to get info on all events that are scheduled.

For example I updated the 1st post to include the 2nd Annual Chicagoland Fall Cruise. If you or any of your friends from the IWSTI forums would like to attend please have them fill out the attendance sheet (link in 1st post-this thread) Or, you could figure out who is coming from there and fill it out for them (guests).

This goes for anyone else as well, please see the 1st post if you are going to this. There is a link to the sign-up sheet and a link to the Fall Cruise there.

Thought I'd take this time to whore-out my car. Here's a couple of Pics my brother shot over the winter.

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w193/zzztech13/SUBARU/1221947180.jpg

I LOVE this one!

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w193/zzztech13/SUBARU/1221947175.jpg

Edited by zzztech13

I will let the other guys know about the cruise. I won't be in town that weekend.

Nice pics as well!!! I did not get any last year but will get some this year for sure.

I am also trying to decide between a Legacy Spec B or a Forester 2.5XT Limited for my wife. While I know they are kind opposite ends of the spectrum but they are both really nice. So if anyone wants to shoot out some input I would appreciate it! It would be replacing her 05 Xterra Offroad which is why we were looking at the forester, try to stick with a SUV.

I will let the other guys know about the cruise. I won't be in town that weekend.

Nice pics as well!!! I did not get any last year but will get some this year for sure.

I am also trying to decide between a Legacy Spec B or a Forester 2.5XT Limited for my wife. While I know they are kind opposite ends of the spectrum but they are both really nice. So if anyone wants to shoot out some input I would appreciate it! It would be replacing her 05 Xterra Offroad which is why we were looking at the forester, try to stick with a SUV.

Personally, I'd take the Spec-B but if she needs all the extra storage space go w/ the forrester. Thanks for passing along this info. The folks down in Chicagoland really put together some nice meets.

I have never been to the Midwest Motor Sports Festival is any one planning on going to this?

Also I have not tracked my car just some Auto X and a couple of passed down the drag track. Is there anything special that is needed other than a helemt?

upgrades brake pads if you're going to be on the track :)

Just to let people know the Midwest Motors ports Festival at Blackhawk has been canceled do to low entries for the cars and the bikes. The karting guys showed a lot of instrest though. They do plan on doing this next year, but will put the word out more in advanced.