zzztech13

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just received a message from zzztech13 who wanted me to give everyone an update. He has been offline and unable to post for the past 2 weeks in the hospital with lymphoma. Doctors think he has a decent chance to recover, but still unknown at this time. He'd love to hear from some of his fellow WISLOC members. You can send him an email or yahoo: zzztech13@yahoo.com.
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

• 4 weeks later...

hello everyone, i am done w/ 2 of 6 chemo sessions. i'm trying to hang in there. thanks for all the support and kind words. i cant wait to get through this and get sideways in some snow. i am up at the Mayo Clinic in MN. i'll try to keep yall updated on my health.

I'm suprised noone has organized some kinda snow cruise!! take pics for me and post em up here.

• 2 months later...

<crickets>

I'm still hangin in there. I got a month off of the chemo to recover, then i'll be going back to Mayo for a stem-cell transplant. The Dr's say, if the transplant doesn't kill me I should be good to go for 10 years or so.

Anyway, I hope all of yall had a great holiday season and New Year. I can't wait to get back home healthy (Dr's say that will be around June-July) so we can organize some meets.

Thanks for the replies guys. (PM's replied to)

Yep, I was diagnosed w/ Burkitts Lymphoma back in November 2008. They didn't expect me to survive the first round of chemo because I had a big tumor wrapped all around my intestines. But I pulled through all that and now just waitin to get through the Stem-Cell part. I highly sugggest you all keep some savings for shit like this. This fight w/ cancer has cost me my life savings (so much for buyin a house) all my 401k and in another 2 months i'll probably be homeless and carless. It's a bitch. But, I'm damn happy to be here bitchin about it :^)

Oh...oh...I did not even know about this...All I can say is - without offering details - I know how tough it is to fight cancer. Sadly, I really do.

I wholeheartedly wish you the very best of health and luck and faith in God but also in modern medicine !

zzztech13, buddy, what part of Wisconsin do you live in ?

Thanks for the well wishes :) for the time being I live in Port Washington, about 20 min North of Milwaukee. I'm sorry to hear that you may have some experience in the past w/ cancer. It truly is a nightmare.

• 3 weeks later...
looks like it was a great event...i just noticed the thread tonight, otherwise i would have loved to join in.

Yep, you missed a good cruise and comradery.

Thanks to everyone for showing up and showin support. Aalso, thank to everyone for the kind donations.

Wi folks, anyone have a recommendation for window tinting in the Brookfield/Waukesha/Pewaukee area?

I have heard good things about Blackout Window Tinting on Hwy 100 south of Beloit Rd. (it's in West Allis I think?)

I don't get on here to much... so does anyone ever get together for cruises? A few of us on IWSTI were trying to meet up every other Sunday and go for a drive. Would any of you guys be interested in that?

Wi folks, anyone have a recommendation for window tinting in the Brookfield/Waukesha/Pewaukee area?

Artistic in Waukesha did a fine job on my wagon for a reasonable price.

http://www.artistictinting.com/

I believe the owner previously worked with Sunbusters (looked familiar) who used to have a shop right around the corner from the Artistic location. They did my old Legacy years ago & had a good reputation in Milwaukee.

Speaking of recommendations, can anybody recommend a ClearBra/paint protection film installer in the Madison area?

I'm still looking for a good paint shop too.

TNT tints in Madison is pretty good (at least on window tints). I know they do clear bras too, looked decent when I saw one...

TNT tints in Madison is pretty good (at least on window tints). I know they do clear bras too, looked decent when I saw one...

+1 nearly 5 years later and the tint on my car is still flawless

I went to Ball Body shop in Middleton to have some paint work done and they listened to my every request and did a great job.

I will ALWAYS take my car to Pernots in Janesville. Lee is top notch and will bend over backwards for his customers. He does a ton of work for the Subie dealer across the street so he knows the Subaru product.

• 4 weeks later...

Just to followup, I ended up taking it to Ziebart in Waukesha on a friends recommendation, tint turned out fantastic...

so next question: Anyone know of a boneyard in the Milwaukee area that would have a Legacy or Outback that i could pick through? my car is missing one of the little pieces of chrome on the vent, and I wanted to replace the trim along the center stack because mine is scratched.

I have only lived in the Pewaukee area for a few years...I dont know where the good junkyards are...