LegacyGT.com

Official WISLOC Thread

zzztech13

I'll be at MKE autocross this Sunday, hope to see some of you there. I think there is also a WIA event on Saturday that I can't make it to.

What time and where? I'm interested since i'm looking into new wheels/tiers i might just be ready to beat the hell out of the set i have :lol:

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll be at MKE autocross this Sunday, hope to see some of you there. I think there is also a WIA event on Saturday that I can't make it to.

I won't be able to make this weekend since I'm going to be in Denver. I will however make the WAI event on June 29th.

What time and where? I'm interested since i'm looking into new wheels/tiers i might just be ready to beat the hell out of the set i have :lol:

Check out the website for further details, but it is at Miller Park and registration is from 8-8:30 (event lasts until 4ish). I'm a little concerned that it is going to rain, but who cares, I'll probably be there anyways.

forecast isn't looking good for this. I won't be there if it's raining. Sorry.

That's when it gets fun... Its about the only time you'll actually have a real chance at spinning an all-wheel-drive car. Plus the all-wheel drive cars will usually clean up when it rains... all the other cars, especially the rear-wheel-drive cars, need to park it in each corner and gain it all back on the straights, while the AWD cars can still power through the corners.

Did anyone go to this or did it get shut down due to the storms? The storms weren't that bad up here in Port Wash. but I hear further south got pounded.

Sorry for the shameless plug but in the NC (North Central)threads I posted that I'm lookin for a set of 17" LGT (5 Spoke) wheels/tires to put on my car. If any of you have gone aftermarket and have your 17's sitting around and want to get rid of them please chime in. Also I will consider used aftermarket 17's and 18's.

Thanks

Did anyone go to this or did it get shut down due to the storms? The storms weren't that bad up here in Port Wash. but I hear further south got pounded.

I went and was scheduled for heats 2 and 4. Well it rained after 2 cars from heat 2 went and thus the event was postponed for an hour and 45 minutes. After that it was terrible (wet track=slow times). I couldn't run anything except for 71 second times (first three runs).

Part of that reason was because on my third run I wasn't looking far enough ahead and came up on a cone that was pointed wrong. I thought I DNF'd so I enjoyed the rest of the track and parked my car. Well I was the last person to run and as I was walking to the bus they announced that I got a rerun. The announcer have a play by play of me as I almost lost in through the slalom twice, but I managed to hold on. As I came to the staging area after my run the announcer exclaimed that I had gotten my best time of the day and was in 3rd place (everyone cheered and it was pretty cool). I finished in third with a 67.491, about .8 away from first.

To answer your question, yes, it was delayed, but as the track dried up everything got much better.

Oh, and there was a 17 Y.O. kid driving his Dad's SPEC B y0! He finished in 5th.

lol great stuff. Do you ever take any vids of your runs? That would be pretty cool to see. I wonder what class my non-turbo 2.5i would run in. There's just no way I could compete against a LGT.

Your car would compete with an HS (H-Stock) index. Which means that if Living Legacy had a time of 67.491 in his LGT with a D-Stock index, you would need a time of 69.195 to place in front of him for 3rd place. So there is actually a way you could compete against an LGT, because 1.7 seconds is actually quite a bit.

Great job last weekend Living Legacy. I was in Denver for the weekend, so I wasn't able to make it. I will be there on the 28th though.

Anyone familiar with Evolution Driving School? One of the director's in my department here at work (Drives a Boxster) invited me to head to an event they are holding here at Miller Park (July 17th). It sounds like you get lots of training and lots of autox track time. The cost is $260 which is high compared to the cost of just Autox.

Is it worth it?

http://www.evoschool.com/index.php

Anyone familiar with Evolution Driving School? One of the director's in my department here at work (Drives a Boxster) invited me to head to an event they are holding here at Miller Park (July 17th). It sounds like you get lots of training and lots of autox track time. The cost is $260 which is high compared to the cost of just Autox.

Is it worth it?

http://www.evoschool.com/index.php

I haven't done it, but the people I've talked to that have, say that its really good. The instructors will really push you no matter how good your driving is and will always insist that there is always room to improve. I've stayed away because of the price, but there is a WAI driving school that costs around $60 on June 28th. The WAI driving school is more focused on beginners (less than 1 or 2 years experience)... I did it last year and was pretty pleased with it.

I haven't done it, but the people I've talked to that have, say that its really good. The instructors will really push you no matter how good your driving is and will always insist that there is always room to improve. I've stayed away because of the price, but there is a WAI driving school that costs around $60 on June 28th. The WAI driving school is more focused on beginners (less than 1 or 2 years experience)... I did it last year and was pretty pleased with it.

Thanks for the input, someone else mentioned the June 28th event to me. I think I'm going to do that one and then run the event the next day.

WHO ELSE WANTS TO GO!!???

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking about going, but I thought I heard that there was a high speed autocross at blackhawk, so I'll need to look into that a little bit more first.

Does anyone know how much more track time you get at the test and tune (this Saturday?) Between the two WAI and the black hawk, I think I'm going to make it to at least one event... Hope to see some of you there!

I came there and saw a bunch of subaru's. I was taking some photos. I mainly got corvettes though. A few WRX's and some other cars. Didn't see any legacy'd fly by me. Maybe I was too late or left too early?

Must have. We were in heat two and four, and heats can last awhile...

I came there and saw a bunch of subaru's. I was taking some photos. I mainly got corvettes though. A few WRX's and some other cars. Didn't see any legacy'd fly by me. Maybe I was too late or left too early?

All the corvettes were in heat 1 and 3, so you probably left too early.