LegacyGT.com

Cool Article about the 05 SCCA wagons floating around still.. :)

Looks like the makings of really cool chump car project. base car would have be something with a body shape somewhat similar then flared and sti running gear swapped in.

Or a wrecked SpecB, frame straightened and caged........

Nothing like a race track to find the weak points in man and machine.

"Good Judgement comes from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Judgement"

gator how is the tranny temps with the cooler setup you have? heading to race with a friend's team in texas for the world league race at circuit of the america in two weeks. 8+8 h enduros. have you driven the track?

I haven't driven COTA, but I'd LOVE to! One of my bucket list items is to drive COTA and Watkins Glen.

I'm not totally satisfied yet with my tranny temps. I'm going to reroute the EWG either back into the main exhaust, or turn both of them and exit out the side. Right now the EWG dumps heat next to the tranny.

If that's not enough next up is a re-mount of the tranny cooler to a better location.

Finally the last mod will be to replace my VLSD center diff with a locked up 40-60 center diff or a DCCD diff. I think the VLSD is generating a lot of heat.

Have fun at COTA!

I'm taking 3D scanning classes 3 nights this week. The end result should be a 3D scan of my 2008 Spec B in almost stock trim (just a small trunk lip spoiler) and eventually scans of the 2005 LGT race wagon with and without aero mods. Those three scans should be very valuable for our community for CFD aero analysis, and also for creating 3D models of things like fender flares, skirts, wide body panels.

And I can 3D print them up as perfect model cars too!

• 3 weeks later...

EPA SEEKS TO PROHIBIT CONVERSION OF VEHICLES INTO RACECARS

https://www.sema.org/news/2016/02/08/epa-seeks-to-prohibit-conversion-of-vehicles-into-racecars

Now before you think it only affects racers, it DOES NOT. It affects all the suppliers we all use to mod our cars!!!!!

Please read this:

http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/images/EPA-Memo.pdf

And sign this petition: https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwh.gov%2FifXr1&h=JAQEGZbg2

• 1 month later...

Shralp and I were at ORP last weekend. He brought his wicked fast LGT wagon, I had my Z06 because the race wagon is still getting prepped for the season and it's not a good car to just hop in and go when I'm also instructing. It was a perfect day for running the track, we had 80 participants.

I was instructing 3 students, and driving my Z06 and my buddy's 1990 Acura Integra (race car). I think I got more "track time" in that one day than when I drive on an 8 hour enduro team there. I was beat.

One of my students was a former Navy pilot, she flew P3s and C-130s. We walked up to her car and I knew it was going to be interesting, a C6 Corvette. I really enjoyed helping her learn how to make her Corvette perform on the track.

If you've never been to ORP you are missing one of the most demanding tracks in North America. You'll never guess why we call these two corners the Half Pipe:

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=227812&stc=1&d=1459923447

There is so much banking in this corner that with race tires you can develop incredible G forces. And there's two of these corners linked together!

1277157162_ORPHalfPipeNo1.thumb.jpg.5b5431f0a2464896833528ac6f7126ae.jpg

One of my fighter pilot buddies in San Diego had a Corvette and his plate was "F14 JOCK". He tracked his at Willow Springs IR.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting the Silver Eagle prepped for the Rose City Opener April 30- May 1 at Portland International Raceway. A ton of stuff to do. I'll post up what is in the works later.

The long term goal is to take the Wagon to the Thunderhill 25 in 2017. The intermediate goal is to start making the modifications needed to survive the 25. The plan is to be on a Factory Five 818 team this year to get familiar with the program, then enter the Silver Eagle in 2017.

A quick trailer on the Thill 25:

If you do make the 25 Hours of Thunderhill you can count on me to come be in the way... I mean help out...

I want to be there for the same reasons.

Ok, you're in on the 2017 team!

Are ya'll interested in volunteering on the 2016 818 team? If so I'll contact the team manager. Having Subaru familiar teammates will probably be appreciated.

Even if the 818 team is full for 2016 you should plan on attending the 2016 race just to see how it all works. I'm sure NASA can use volunteers for corner workers, spotters, scoring.....

Ok, you're in on the 2017 team!

Are ya'll interested in volunteering on the 2016 818 team? If so I'll contact the team manager. Having Subaru familiar teammates will probably be appreciated.

Even if the 818 team is full for 2016 you should plan on attending the 2016 race just to see how it all works. I'm sure NASA can use volunteers for corner workers, spotters, scoring.....

Is it typically the first weekend in December?

Depending on when it is I may be interested in coming up to watch the 2016 race and maybe help out as a track volunteer. Don't want to commit to anything yet though as I don't know how my schedule will pan out next fall.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

The first weekend of December, 3-4. Teams start arriving earlier.

How's your 3D Scanning thing coming along?

I'm waiting on a software update for the scanner that can do objects the size of cars and planes. They have been promising the update for months....good thing I'm not paying for the scanner until they can demo that it works.

Too bad I don't have more, (any?) race experience, would love to tag team that race with you :)

How about a video documentary of the event? We'd love you to tag team that!

818 team? Is that a lime green car?

Not the lime green 25. Very similar build but not a centerdrive like that one. The one I'll be going with won't be on track at ICSCC until the Spokane races.