LegacyGT.com

BMW 135i.....$35,675!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maybe I am misinterpretting the weight here, but unladen weight 3732 lbs? I think my Z71 weighed that much.... whys it so heavy? are the doors filled with concrete? or am I misinterpretting this information?

edit.. legacies are 15' long for the record (185in.) this car is 171 (roughly 14') so.. seems to be fairly large really..

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

sure but at 300hp its already at the peak of what I'd consider a performance car with that kind of weight.. 300hp is a lot ofr a car thats wrx sized, its NOTHING for something with weight like a dodge charger.
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

maybe I am misinterpretting the weight here, but unladen weight 3732 lbs? I think my Z71 weighed that much.... whys it so heavy? are the doors filled with concrete? or am I misinterpretting this information?

edit.. legacies are 15' long for the record (185in.) this car is 171 (roughly 14') so.. seems to be fairly large really..

I read the curb weight as 3332lbs for the 135i. A little lighter than the Legacy, and quite a bit more power and potential. Should be lots of fun.

I read the curb weight as 3332lbs for the 135i. A little lighter than the Legacy, and quite a bit more power and potential. Should be lots of fun.

Ummmm.... Definetly going to be heavier then 3332 lbs. That is a direct conversion from the Euro pamphlet and their weighing system

The 335i coupe w by EU weight standard weighs 3553 lbs or 1615 kg

The 335i coupe with NHTSA weight standard weighs 3571 lbs.

BMW still hasn't ironed out the bugs with the N52 but they are rumoured to fixing it for 135i. Although, BMW doesn't have a great track record with these types of things.

From leaked brochure it looks like the official NHSTA curb weight could be 3782 lbs for MT and 3384 lbs for Auto. I think they may have the weight reversed for AUTO and MT but the weight discrepancy is way too big and I'm not sure of accuracy of this document. Although, maybe the AT is supposed to be 3784 lbs or the manual 3382 lbs?

http://www.1addicts.com/goodiesforyou/bro15.JPG

From leaked brochure it looks like the official NHSTA curb weight could be 3782 lbs for MT and 3384 lbs for Auto. I think they may have the weight reversed for AUTO and MT but the weight discrepancy is way too big and I'm not sure of accuracy of this document. Although, maybe the AT is supposed to be 3784 lbs or the manual 3382 lbs?

http://www.1addicts.com/goodiesforyou/bro15.JPG

The rumor was that it was converted from UK weight specs which include a 90% full tank of fuel and an average sized adult driver. Don't know if that is true. If the curb weight really is 3700+ lbs that would make it heavier than a 3 Series, and almost as heavy as a six cylinder 5 series. I find that highly unlikely. What are they making the car out of if it's that heavy? 10 guage sheet steel, and bullet proof glass?

Until the official specs are really out and not internet rumors, we are just left to wonder.

The rumor was that it was converted from UK weight specs which include a 90% full tank of fuel and an average sized adult driver. Don't know if that is true. If the curb weight really is 3700+ lbs that would make it heavier than a 3 Series, and almost as heavy as a six cylinder 5 series. I find that highly unlikely. What are they making the car out of if it's that heavy? 10 guage sheet steel, and bullet proof glass?

Until the official specs are really out and not internet rumors, we are just left to wonder.

Couldn't agree with you more....

It's one of probable LGT replacements by 2009/2010... Remember BMW first production year is always full of bugs and gimmicks, which i will stay away bug the second year onwards, I am game...

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

I hope they come out with a 135xi then this will most likely be my next car.

I could probably settle for a used 335xi because the price will probably be similar to a new 135i

*Unless Subaru decides to do something (leggy sti :-/)

The rumor was that it was converted from UK weight specs which include a 90% full tank of fuel and an average sized adult driver.

I think you mean from an EU weight. It's odd that EU weight calls for a person, 90% fuel and I think 5kg of parcels to added to the car weight and still comes in 20-50 lbs lighter then the same car weighed by NHTSA with full fluids with no passenger and parcel.

I think eureopean are weighing their cars without doors, wheels and hood :lol:.

In reality a optioned out 135i will probably weigh over 3400 lbs. Which is alot for a very small rwd car.

It should be interesting to see how this does against the EVO and STI.

well, either its one fat car.. or those numbers are wrong.. only a test drive can really answer the questions :)

personally I think like everything else BMW makes it will be a way too expensive average quality vehicle with in the end average (compared to what we drive now) performance. its just.. really really sexy..like everything else bmw makes. (almost everything)

• 3 weeks later...
________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

Archived