LegacyGT.com

BMW 135i.....$35,675!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah its 135i, folks we are not getting any wagon or hatch. BMW still has a bad taste in thier mouth over the 318 POS Hatch that was universally unloved here i n the states. We Americans have issues with hatches apparently, so the US is getting a Coupe version of the hatch you see in the pictures. From the stuff I have read it sould come in a bit lighter than the 335, lets just hope the fuel pump on these does not fail at the alarming rate they are failing in the 335's with a 3 month back log fo rthe new pumps.....good ole BMW Reliability.

Guest Gitster
WTF are you guys talking about? BMWs leather feels, looks, and is of better quality than the leather in my LGT. And BMWs leatherette is pretty damn good too, most people wont be able to tell that its not real leather.

That was the joke dhead :rolleyes::lol:

I scanned the thread pretty quickly and did not see where anyone brought this up...

http://www.vishnutuning.com/bmw_1_v380.htm

Yes, it says the PROcede'd 335i with Vishnu tune and catback produces 380-400 HP. All indications I have seen place the 135i at a target weight of roughly 400 pounds less than the 335i.

For $32k-$35k, Subaru needs to step it up if they want to keep my business.

The last BMW that I sat in (a 2007 3something) had seats that felt like they were made of rubber. They were uncomfortably grippy and didn't breathe at all. My boss at the time took me to a really cheap restaraunt (Denny's) and the seat material was the exact same crap.

I know what good leather feels like - this was far from good. I'm not saying that the LGT seats are great, but the LGT leather is better than the rubber I sat on in the BMW.

He must have had the rubber custom installed...:iam:

I've done plenty of research on the 135i, but there is little official info. Lot's of misinformation here.

The U.S. will get the 128i and the 135i. Only coupes. There will be none of the 3 and 5 door hatches brought to the U.S. The 128 has the inline six 3.0. The 135i has the TT3.0 six. The TT in not an option. The 135i M-Sport model will have 6 pot front Brembos, single rears, M-sport supension, M-sport aerodynamic package. 18s standard. 50/50 distribution. No spare, battery is in the trunk.

Many expected sub 3200 lbs. Not going to happen. The U.K. version is just 200 lbs. lighter than the 335i. U.S. is heavier because of crash regs, but no official U.S. weight has been issued. I expect 3400 lbs. However, that is what a WRXs weighs.

The 135i is the same size as a WRX. It is 4 inches shorter, but is a two door and does not have as big of a trunk. Height and width are the same and weight should be real close. Wheel base is a bit shorter. BMW salesmen that have sat in one say it is identical to a 3 series size wise in the front seats. Rear seats are a decent size, but useless as many other coupes are.

$33K is a base 135i "guess". Many guess closer to $35K. Very few expect a optioned 135i to come in over $40k. All I want is a stripped 6 speed. Chips are getting ~60 HP and ~80 tq for ~1K. Get a LSD and go race. This car will be a monster. Not for the 300 HP/TQ is does have, but for the massive power still left in the engine with a simple chip and TBE. Brembos, 18s, sport suspension, $35K. Another $5k and I have a M3 killer at 6K feet. This will be my next car.

Everything that is known to this point can be found here. If you read all the price point debates, you will waste enough time to get you to an official release sometime this fall. 1ers ship in ~April of 08

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/index.php

I've done plenty of research on the 135i, but there is little official info. Lot's of misinformation here.

The U.S. will get the 128i and the 135i. Only coupes. There will be none of the 3 and 5 door hatches brought to the U.S. The 128 has the inline six 3.0. The 135i has the TT3.0 six. The TT in not an option. The 135i M-Sport model will have 6 pot front Brembos, single rears, M-sport supension, M-sport aerodynamic package. 18s standard. 50/50 distribution. No spare, battery is in the trunk.

Many expected sub 3200 lbs. Not going to happen. The U.K. version is just 200 lbs. lighter than the 335i. U.S. is heavier because of crash regs, but no official U.S. wight has been issued. I expect 3400 lbs. However, that is what a WRXs weighs.

The 135i is the same size as a WRX. It is 4 inches shorter, but is a two door and does not have as big of a trunk. Height and width are the same and weight should be real close. Wheel base is a bit shorter. BMW salesmen that have sat in one say it is identical to a 3 series size wise in the front seats. Rear seats are a decent size, but useless as many other coupes are.

$33K is a base 135i "guess". Many guess closer to $35K. Very few expect a optioned 135i to come in over $40k. All I want is a stripped 6 speed. Chips are getting ~60 HP and ~80 tq for ~1K. Get a LSD and go race. This car will be a monster. Not for the 300 HP/TQ is does have, but for the massive power still left in the engine with a simple chip and TBE. Brembos, 18s, sport suspension, $35K. Another $5k and I have a M3 killer at 6K feet. This will be my next car.

Everything that is known to this point can be found here. If you read all the price point debates, you will waste enough time to get you to an official release sometime this fall. 1ers ship in ~April of 08

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/index.php

Well, Subaru needs to step up and get a more powerful WRX and STi (which sells for over 35K now, imagine the redesigned 08???)

Will definitely look at this car when it comes out....

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Well, Subaru needs to step up and get a more powerful WRX and STi (which sells for over 35K now, imagine the redesigned 08???)

Will definitely look at this car when it comes out....

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

I wanted a 335i just for the TT N54. Get X-drive and a sedan and I was set. That is until I optioned one out and came to the realization I don't want to put that much money to a car. Living in Colorado, I had to have AWD and sedans are more practice. Except 90% of the time the roads are dry here. I haven't had a person in the back of my Jeep in years.

So the more I thought about it, the more I wanted a RWD coupe. I asked the wife what she thought about a coupe. She said, "what do you care, we don't have kids". She even offered to trade in the LGT for one. God I love her:)

So at altitude, that engine is going to rock. I haven't had RWD forever. Will have the Jeep for snow days, and the LGT for company. The 135i will be strictly for fun. All I have to do is get the wife a jet ski and I'm golden. Can't wait till next year!

from Frankfurt IAA:

top: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1334

exterior/int: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1332

bottom/under: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1340

internal: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1341

I've heard of lots of people cross shopping Legacy with 1-series coupe. Seems like similar crowds :spin:

Not me. Although it is fast, I will definitely give it that, the interior looks like a huge step down from what Subaru has in the 2008 Legacy/Outback. The new 1-series BMW looks like it borrowed the interior design used by Nissan in the Titan.

Nissan Titan:

http://z.about.com/d/trucks/1/0/K/1/interior2.jpg

Archived