LegacyGT.com

BMW 135i.....$35,675!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh and kaycy, +1 on the same side steering.. we could have jdm accessories all over the place in the LGT if it werent for that :p

Sorry Darkfox1, I don't understand that statement man. Please clarify.

BMW might be overpriced compared to other cars but nearly all manufacturers copy a BMW. What I mean is; they (BMWs) have become a benchmark in every segment they compete in. Look at the X5, X3 and Range Rover (Made by BMW, shared every component except interior and exterior), they made every one to realise that SUV can be cool, they outsell every competitor in their segment. Even my own Liberty (legacy) has some things copied from BMW, 3 series outsells it as well.

BMW deserves credit for what they do. They are good cars, that is why we can spend our own time talking about them instead of talking about Geely or Pontiac.

...what do you drive when it snows?

It's been snowing where I live like a bastard. I have yet to need 4 wheel drive in my truck. It goes everywhere on the road I have asked it to in RWD mode. It is at least as good in the snow as the LGT was.

lsd?

It has an auto LSD (electronically controlled) that only comes on if I activate it. Otherwise it is an open diff controlled by the traction control and stability control.

The auto LSD works pretty well though.

I agree that BMWs have become overweight (as all luxury cars have) and a bit over-priced...which is why I would probably never buy a new BMW...I'll let someone else take the depreciation and gas guzzler hit (if it applies).

As for warranties, BMW has 4yr/50K which is in line with other luxury brands. One thing that BMW does have that most others do not is free maintenance for 4yr/50K...this includes just about everything including brake pads/rotor and clutches.

I like the idea of the 1 series, but I just think it's a little over priced, plus the coupe isn't the best looking thing. Also, it's built on the same platform as the e46 3-series which makes it a little out-dated, and is the reason it's virtually identical in size. The e90/e92/e93 platforms have major design changes and improvements when compared to the e46 ,which is basically the same as the e36.

if it were me, I'd buy a pre-owned e90 or e92 over the e81 (1-series)...

With that in mind, I bought a pre-owned 2001 M3 in 2002. It now has 97500 miles, and I've had very few problems; it's still running strong and looks great...bimmers age well and are rock solid if you take care of them properly.

• 2 months later...

So I sat in one yesterday...boy its small. Right now they aren't dealing so you can buy a 3 series for not much more at all.

I'd like to drive a 1 and a 3 back to back to try them both out...

IMHO it would have to be a substantially better driving handling car to make up for the total lack of rear room and because the looks aren't as good as I expected it just looks snubbed and awkward. The 3 series is a much better looking car...

Also sat in a used 08 M3 (573 miles) that was too much car for the 20 year old kid that mommy bought it for...drove it back from college during a snow storm...must have soiled himself because he traded it for an X5. Unreal huh? What a beautiful car...particularly in white

Archived