LegacyGT.com

BMW 135i.....$35,675!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
People buy them tho... ;)

More than any Subaru probably:lol: and as for overpriced its over priced when it tanks in resale value. Because its a BMW it will not and it will be supported with strong lease plans with high residual values to ensure there is a high resale value. Overpriced is a total matter of opinion at this point lets discuss it a year from now.

True, but why not just buy a 335? The pricing doesn't make sense.:spin:

Optioning out a 335i gets me $48K. I wanted a "regular" sedan with AWD. However, looking at a 135i as a sports car is different. I can get a 135i 6 spd for $37K. Are two doors and AWD worth $11K. Well not to me.

The N54 is a great engine with a torque curve a mile wide. Some will leave it alone and others will tune. $1200 for a chip and 370hp/400tq for less than $40K is good to me. Even WRXs and Evos are mid $30Ks and so is the G35. The G37 is $36K for the same HP and it is a NA coupe. I can guarantee you $1200 will not buy 60hp/80tq for a G car.

I'm not trying to convince anyone to get one, I just don't see why everyone is so confused with the price tag. Others continue to compare it to a BASE 3 series. A stripped 328. How in the world can you compare a stripped 328i to an optioned 135i?

I'm not trying to convince anyone to get one, I just don't see why everyone is so confused with the price tag. Others continue to compare it to a BASE 3 series. A stripped 328. How in the world can you compare a stripped 328i to an optioned 135i?

I agree with the premiss of your post, but i think what is missing is that with bmw you get bare bones with the g37 you get pretty much everything plus a bit more room(albeit not much). not trying to be a jerk just my perspective.

I agree with the premiss of your post, but i think what is missing is that with bmw you get bare bones with the g37 you get pretty much everything plus a bit more room(albeit not much). not trying to be a jerk just my perspective.

Not at all. The G35 and 37 are very nice cars. I gave them a hard look. At high altitude where I live, I just love turbos. My LGT has spoiled me and BMW TTs really turn me on.

The way BMW structures their options is kind of unfair. You wind up "needing" all of them. The options are very expensive. At least you can compare those across the board. $700 for an iPod adapter??? Are you kidding me? $2000 for Nav???

At least in this case I don't want any options so the price of the 135i is cool with me.

Too bad they don't offer a 4 cylinder option. I mean BMW used to sell the 318 here. Having 145 hp in a small car like this wouldnt be so bad and it would be a fuel savy as well as cheaper option. Actually, seems like a really good idea to me. Establish a stronger costumer base. Rope em in earlier and keep em comin back.

Too bad they don't offer a 4 cylinder option. I mean BMW used to sell the 318 here. Having 145 hp in a small car like this wouldnt be so bad and it would be a fuel savy as well as cheaper option. Actually, seems like a really good idea to me. Establish a stronger costumer base. Rope em in earlier and keep em comin back.

So then why not a 128i? Silky smooth in line 6, 3.0. $28k. I actually would like one of those, but like I said, I want the turbos.

Many people are screaming for the 4 cylinder 2.0l turbo diesel 123d like Europe has. Those turbo diesels have made a lot of press. First diesel to get 100hp/L I think. the one series has been in Europe for 3 years and has a large following and more engine options.

BMW 135i is what a 3 series used to be over a decade ago... it is lighter, more nimble, and more fun to toss around than the current 3-series, which became quite a porker. It has been compared to the original M3 in its driving experience. Pure fun!!!

Audi's A3 3.2Q sells well at a similar price point, but lacks the power and mod opportunity. Also, keep in mind the ultra low dollar value. This car is priced at 50% less than what it costs in many EU countries! And people there do not make much more than we do here.

I am excited about the 135i and would love to own one, but it would not be a sound financial decision right now. I'll stick with my LGT and do a turbo swap instead.

$27k is cheap?

uh no, where did i say 27k is cheap. i said bmw and acura (and all luxo brands) are keeping the pricing of their vehicles higher than some to keep that "upper class" status.

if bmw's were as abundant and cheap as a civic, i am sure the middle-upper class ppl probably won't buy it, but switch to something else

• 2 weeks later...

On another note, my dad called me today to inform me that with 15k miles on his 330xi, the run flat tires have worn so unevenly that the road noise they are producing is unbearable. Though he hasn't called BMW yet, apparently they do offer credits toward new tires in this kind of situation. Just a shame, because its a 3 year lease and my pops wasn't expecting to have to do tires.

Okay, here's an update on this. Maybe somone has some insight.

My dad hasnt been home to call BMW. But, he was at the Goodyear store the other day and asked the salesman about his loud tires. This guy has a 7 series and his brother has an '00ish 3 series. Apparently both do what my dad is describing, whether or not the tires are runflats, bridgestones, goodyears, michellins, etc. and always around 15,000 miles. This sound fishy to me. Any thoughts/expiriences?

Okay, here's an update on this. Maybe somone has some insight.

My dad hasnt been home to call BMW. But, he was at the Goodyear store the other day and asked the salesman about his loud tires. This guy has a 7 series and his brother has an '00ish 3 series. Apparently both do what my dad is describing, whether or not the tires are runflats, bridgestones, goodyears, michellins, etc. and always around 15,000 miles. This sound fishy to me. Any thoughts/expiriences?

The camber and suspension toe in/out on BMW's is pretty aggressive, and results in fairly quick tire wear. This is a trade off made in the name of handling prowess, and is a common complaint with all BMW's.

The camber and suspension toe in/out on BMW's is pretty aggressive, and results in fairly quick tire wear. This is a trade off made in the name of handling prowess, and is a common complaint with all BMW's.

Thanks.

Its turned him off to getting another one.

Thanks.

Another factor to look at is the tread wear rating on the tires, BMW often uses pretty soft rubber. Gives more grip and a more compliant ride, but they wear out more quickly.

If you are worried about tire life don't buy a car with the sport pkg.

Thanks.

Hahahahahah, so he buys a BMW for what reason? Sounds like he bought it for the name sake because an automotive enthusiast would have no issue having to buy tires sooner for the sake of having a better handling car. I know I would!

Archived