LegacyGT.com

iPod Integration Kit

Wedge

Interested to know how this works out.

All of the media release pics of the '08 Imprezza show a Double DIN radio that shows no cosmetic similarities to our radios.

But cosmetics are just that....

Vir Est Fatum Ut Perficio Concepta Suus Progenies. - Man is destined to fulfill the capacity of his lineage (i.e. Darwinism):rolleyes:

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, my enthusiasm has been stunted a bit after reading the operating instructions and then looking at my '07 HU. There isn't a "PTY/CAT" button on my HU.

Oh well, we should know by Tuesday as it's been ordered and should be in on Monday.

I guess I can try. :confused: :confused:

Not sure how it would work though as the HU needs the SAT button to even engage the iPod interface.

I'll check it out though.

Sh*t you're right. Well if you're interested in trying it out anyway that would be cool. Maybe try hitting two buttons at once like on those old clicking cable boxes. :lol:

Should I order one to try on my 08?

I would wait for fernely to report back.

I found someone here that just bought an '08 WRX and he says the HU is a Clarion while the Leggy's are Panasonic's. This might be a bad sign.

I'm holding out hope though. ;)

We'll see soon enough I suppose! :lol:

Heck, I'd be happy if it just allowed the iPod to play. I don't need the stereo to control it, however, that would be nice.

Between fernely and myself we'll have everyone covered. Well, except for those with an '06 HU! :lol: :lol:

Great news all!!!!

I got the kit yesterday and installed it, along with my '07 HU this afternoon and initial driveway test shows that it works!!! ;)

Joon - Sorry to say that it will not work with the '05 HU as there was no bus plug in port on the back of the HU.

I haven't gone through all the functions described in the guide for controlling the iPod but I was able to scroll through a few of my playlists.

Also, I didn't get it mounted to my liking. I've got the little control box sitting on top of the HU with some tape holding it in place. Nor did I route the iPod hook up cable to my liking. I'll probably do as the install instructions describe and drill a hole in one of the center console cubby's. I need to get back in there though as I've got a bluetooth kit coming to install as well. I just couldn't wait to see if it worked.

Cheers!

-Ian

sebberry - What would you like pics of? The little cord coming out and plugging into the iPod? :lol: :lol:

Let me know what of and I'll get some pics when I take it all back apart in a few days to install my Parrot bluetooth kit. Sure glad I sprung for the one that will stream audio! :spin::confused::lol:

Seriously though. I just followed the iPod kit instructions to hook it all up. Very easily done. Can you say "Plug and Play"? :lol: :lol: :rolleyes:

bakasama - Yes, that is exactly what I did.

My guess, and it is just that, a guess, is that this iPod integration kit will work with any Subaru HU that has satellite radio functionality. I guess we'll see if that is indeed the case.

Cheers!

-Ian

As Ian has stated and I figured as much its gonna work with any HU that has the SAT button as those are the ones that will have the bus port. Make of radio aside they were not going to make 2 different kits for the HU offered in the new Impreza. Remember these HU are from a certain manufacturers but they are made to the OEM spec. The 08 test fit should be soon as I get the harness I'll take a bunch of pics for you folks!

So, just to be clear. You installed an 07 Legacy HU into an 05 Legacy, AND hooked this kit up to the XM port?

How much is it to swap the whole piece??? I have an 05 and I NEED iPod integration. This is the whole unit with auto climate control, right?

How much is it to swap the whole piece??? I have an 05 and I NEED iPod integration. This is the whole unit with auto climate control, right?

Yes, the whole unit with the auto climate control. I paid about $400 for the '07 version. Well, that's not entirely true as I used Subaru Bucks to pay for it. They can be found online for about that much though. Here's a whole thread about that swap.

I also know a bunch of people were getting the '06 HU (that I believe has satellite radio functionality) for a lot less off of Ebay. Not sure where that thread is exactly. Search and ye shall find. ;)

Cheers!

-Ian

As Ian has stated and I figured as much its gonna work with any HU that has the SAT button as those are the ones that will have the bus port. Make of radio aside they were not going to make 2 different kits for the HU offered in the new Impreza. Remember these HU are from a certain manufacturers but they are made to the OEM spec. The 08 test fit should be soon as I get the harness I'll take a bunch of pics for you folks!

Any idea on how soon you'll get the harness, I'm watching this so closely I just got boogers on my monitor.

ALSO, does the harness charge the iPod while it's connected?

NEVER ARGUE WITH A STUPID PERSON.

THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL, THEN BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Any idea on how soon you'll get the harness, I'm watching this so closely I just got boogers on my monitor.

ALSO, does the harness charge the iPod while it's connected?

Ewwwwww! :lol:

Yes, the harness charges the iPod while it's connected. Check out the installation and user manual PDF's on the first page for all the functions. In other words... :rtfm::lol: :lol: ;)

OK, here are some pics. I'll get some more of the actual box when I go to put the bluetooth kit in. The integration unit itself isn't really all that exciting as it's about 3/4" thick and 3" by 4 1/2" black plastic. :lol: :lol: ;)

Also, I did some more research and I don't think this will work with the '06's at all as I don't believe they have the satellite radio capability.

Cheers!

-Ian

P9120017.jpg.f831b433807d42979e2c572e10203338.jpg

P9120021.jpg.239e31dd008720e5a119c19136ad0be1.jpg

P9120020.jpg.fcef9c8dc4f5d31b02147b1d6284b466.jpg

P9120018.jpg.b6291b218c56b0734d85e40a0f521c2a.jpg

sebberry - The answers to both of your questions are in the user manual which can be downloaded from page 1 of this thread. :rtfm::lol:;)

I'll save you some time though. From page #1 in said manual: "It is not possible to run the iPod adapter parallel with a Satellite Radio tuner module. However, a portable satellite radio unit can be connected to the head unit through the "AUX" port."

As for your other question, check out page #9 in said manual. You can cycle through your playlists or your entire library by artist, album or song. It's a bit cumbersome and slow (compared to the clickwheel) but it seems to work fine. There's a bit of a delay (which they warn you about in the manual) between hitting a button and getting a response.

JDMChizad - I think I answered your question in that other thread. In case other's have the same question. You can get them from any online Subaru parts vendor. The part number is 86201AG67A.

Cheers!

-Ian

Archived