LegacyGT.com

Legacy GT confessions..

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My wife is always in the car when I show it off to new people, so I do the same, but the I am disappointed by the weight of another passenger.

yeah, I had 4 people and it was a dog compared to just me :)

Beaverton , right on - I've got a condo up scholls ferry & murray area.

• 1 year later...

1 year thread bump!

a couple new ones:

-I try to max out my gas mileage but at least every once a time out i WOT it. WOT + big turbo = mpg takes a hurt

-It's been a year since I've waxed my car.

-I havent done any oil changes on my own in this car.

-Havent checked the oil level yet for this oil fillup.

-sometimes i shift up top for no other reason than to hear the bov go off

-i have all the necessary HPDE track mods but havent gotten off my ass to actually go to a track of any sort yet.

-My jackass level goes up proportionally to the power i have in the car. since the green, i've become 1.33 times the asshole as before. in the miata i ignore people that cut me off but not so much in this car. (the power makes it easy to pull ahead. too tempting)

car for sale. PM me!

I hate that about one month after I got the car, my daughter crashed her bike into it and left a 8" gash in the paint.

I always make sure the subaru emlem is visible on the ignition key.

I shut the trunk by grabbing the inside near the escape handle so as not to leave finger prints.

I yell at my kids when their feet are anywhere but on the floor!

I love my car. I have never driven any car that was as much fun, much less owned it.

I smile when my car is clean, and I'm grumpy when it's not!

Me too on all of them. Especially that my son did the same 8" handlebar gash near my gas hatch when the car had 2K miles and was 2 months old.

Let's kick this pig!

I had never given thought to fingerprints on the glass - and now it's gonna bug me.

I polished and waxed the car one week after I bought it. I dust it off everytime I park it in the garage for the night.

I am dreading my first ding. But after that hopefully it won't be such a big deal.

I actually try to keep below 4000 RPMs during the break in.

Everytime I park the car I tell my passengers "Watch your doors" before they get out.

when my friends compliment on how smooth the ride is when i take an exit/curve faster than usual, i smile on the inside while i act like it's nothing on the outside.

i also haven't waxed it since i got it (unless that carnauba wax from the mother's clay bar kit counts, in which case i'm an idiot)

i've always hated spring because of my allergies, now i hate it even more.

i got ripped off with my 2.5i at Lynnes' Nissan-Subaru dealership in Bloomfield, NJ (stay the **** away from em). Could have gotten a GT or Spec.B for the price i paid for my 2.5i :spin:

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

i detail my car instead of schoolwork (the engine bay sparkles)

sometimes i just go look at it, or sit in it. for no reason

i open and close the door with the rubber strip

i have been in two "accidents" in the one year ive had the car but ive been a licensed driver for 6 months (and only one of the crashes)

i have been pulled over 3 times (cited on 2 of them) (6 months)

ive spent more money on mods then i have earned at all my jobs combined

i down shift and open it all the way up for girls i see

my sub is way too loud

the aforementioned sub makes my rear view useless

i always offer to drive and then quietly seethe because of the added weight of my friends

i treat other motorists as competitors and/or obstacles

.... that's enough incrimination for tonight

obedience to church and state is subjugation to the unjust authority of men

I drive my car like a pussy

I wish I had the LGT seeing how the only reason I went with the 2.5i was fuel economy - and they seem to be very comparable

I barely wash my car

My kid's car seat is putting some decent sized grooves into the back seat even though there are two towels between it and the seat

I wish I had the Diamond Gray paint and not the BSM

I was a jackass and didn't replace the worn out Yoko Advans on the car before the winter - ended up hydroplaning at least 4 times

:(

whenever I get fast food I don't put the drink in the cup holder because it leaves it sticky

sometimes i leave it in first gear when i drive near people cause I like how it sounds

i feel the need to accelerate as fast as I can when getting off an on ramp even if there is no reason to

totally never broke it in

i still grind the gears when going from reverse to first

Now that I have the AVO panel filter I kind of almost want to vent to atmosphere as well. (It's just such a satisfying noise :)). Like the car is saying, Ahhhhhh, MORE!

My fast likes the windows down and doesn't get along with my girlfriend. "It's really hard to hear the sound of the engine with all that yackin!"

My car is in sore need of a complete detailing. The wax job I did not too long ago was terrible. Also, there are swirls all over the place.

I like to egg on middle lane passers. If the traffic in the left lane is 75 and I'm leaving a safe distance between myself and the car in front of me (i.e. not tailing them like everyone else) many times the person behind me assumes I am the one holding up traffic and will honk or flash their lights. Then when there's a 2 car length gap in the middle lane they'll try to get around me, and fail. I'll ever so slightly speed up so just enough so they don't have enough room.

Man, I got pissed off reading what I just wrote. I hate people.

:lol: I actually laughed out loud when I read that because I drive a MKV GTI.

Im actually excited to pick up my Spec.B tomorrow even though im selling my worked GTI :(

Is that an LGT-specific part? I have a hard time justifying $250 for what is essentially a spring and piston.

some people dont have a choice.

like me :lol:

car for sale. PM me!

i bought my lgt without my wifes permission(she almost divirced me)

wish i didnt trade in the exploer for her charger r/t cause that would have been 470 more a months to buy stuff for my lgt

sometime i think i love my car more than anything in the world to include my wife.

i would wash and wax it everyday if i dodnt have to work

i cant drive slower than 80.

i am a Masshole now

History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid

People sleep peacefully at night cause rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf

I hate that I have an 08 with over 26k miles.

I change the oil every 3k miles regardless of hard driving or not.

I hate that when I park next to nobody, my car still got dinged up bad.

I hate that my passenger side window rolls up slower than my drivers side.

I hate that gap in my dash.

I love the feel of stage 2.

I secretly wish I got a spec b so I could have a 6th gear.

I drive in S most of the time so that S# feels like a kick in the butt.

I hate wannabe ricers drying to race me on the highway, from dbag g35's and pos early 90's hondas.

I can never seem to shift as smoothly as I'd like, especially when I first get into the car...and it makes me feel like a loser.

My wife made me get an Outback XT because she said the Legacy wagon looks "farty". When she first said that I found myself seriously questioning our marriage. She just doesn't get it.

If somebody drives up my a** for what I consider to be no good reason, I will always slow down. The more they ride my a** the more I'll slow down. I'll do this until they learn their lesson and back off (or until they pull out their gun or baseball bat).

I have almost gotten in an accident numerous times because somebody has tried to pass me on the right and I sped up to try to prevent it. They don't expect me to have the acceleration to cut them off, so they misjudge it and I have to then hit the brakes to avoid the accident.

I always have to check that I'm parked perfectly in the center of a parking spot, or right against the curb if I'm parallel parking. If not, I'll actually get back into my car, start it up, and line everything up. I've done this 2 or 3 times in the past. But I'm embarrased to be so obsessed about it, so I always pretend that I left something in the car or in the trunk or whatever and look to make sure no one is observing my strange behavior.

I have had the car over 2 months and still have not let my wife drive it even once. I can't stand the thought of her grinding the gears or of my daughter throwing her raisins or sippy cup on the seat. This is in spite of the fact that I convinced my wife we needed the wagon so that she would need it for safety and convenience of hauling baby gear.

When I park my LGT and head into work I look back at least 3 times to admire her beauty

I still love driving my LGT even after having her for a year now, screw the gas prices I need to drive her !

I have not got a speeding ticket yet and I'm very afraid

For the first time ever, I let another car beat me off the stop light (Young punk w/ a Honda Civic) b/ my fiance was in the car w/ me and said "NO, Don't do it !", and it bothered me the rest of the day...

I hate how quickly the dash/interior gets dusty/dirty

For the first time ever, I let another car beat me off the stop light (Young punk w/ a Honda Civic) b/ my fiance was in the car w/ me and said "NO, Don't do it !", and it bothered me the rest of the day...

rant start...

my wife does the same thing. but its ok for her to launch the charger at a red light when some young honda punk steps up. but god forbid if i do it. rant over...

if gas prices werent so high right now i would drive my lgt instead of my goverment car while im at work

History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid

People sleep peacefully at night cause rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf

Archived