LegacyGT.com

Legacy GT confessions..

The snow is falling and I still have the stock tires...

...and I am not changing them.

oh dang! think of the bunnies!

- Crappy RE92s caused me to understeer into a trailer, denting my hood

- Bought the hood deflector that JUST covers up the dent on the hood

- Ive given up caring about the dings on my car and why ALL OF THEM happen to be only on the passenger side :mad:

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never drive my car because I don't want dings and I don't want to have to wash it again.

The car probably has had more layers or wax then the number of times I have driven it.

Even after driving my Impreza (2.5i sedan) for several months, getting into the spec.b is unfulfilling. It's faster and handles better, but it's not the car I remember it being. I need a fmic, turbo back, ap and brakes.

Hey Richard B., whats up with the "3eat" in your car description? It's a 5eat, no?

i have used 4th gear heavily once in 2 years of ownership.

if i am getting on it i stop at 100. went to 110 a coupld of times to feel it out. on my way to work on a saturday morining at 540am i got on it to 120 and slowed right afterwards.

aka i really NEVER go outside of 3rd gear. 4 and 5 are cruising.

stage 1 rallitek means slight inclines on interstaes are still in 5th gear. tons of torque.

You too? I got two tickets in my Prelude, one on Monday, one on Friday from the same damn cop on the same damn road. He walked up laughing the second time with a "I guess you didn't learn your lesson."

With me, I had just gotten my 3rd ticket on my way home on leave for Thanksgiving... so when I drove from NC to GA for a New Years' party I was extra careful, going the speed limit the whole way.

I needed to piss... really bad. Exit after exit had no gas stations or anything... So I kept upping the cruise control and before I know it a cop is doing a U-turn in the grass to pull me over. 84 in a 70.

On my way back to NC three days later, I got pulled over in SC. 80 in a 70. Complete bullshit.

Have yet to get a ticket in the Legacy, and I speed just as much.

i have never waxed my car since i've gotten it.

i have never hand-washed my car too. but i live in an apartment, so i have no hose. but i go to car-wash on a somewhat regular basis. and it always seems that immediately after i get a wash, a bird craps on my car or it rains.

obp is such a nice color when the car is clean. i think it's the worse color when dirty.

the only thing i hated about living in cambridge was the street parking. i have countless scratches on my front and rear bumpers from people with their dumb prius or civic attempting to parallel park.

i have never let my wife drive my car. so i got her a camry. ftl.

i hate when i see my wife's hair in/around the passenger's seat.

i curbed one of my wheels and it still annoys me to this day.

i got a ticket about 1 month after having the car because a guy was going 30 in a 40 so i pass him doing 55. cop standing right there. but i can't recall how many times i've been over the speed limit and go by cops who are too busy drinking their Dunkin' Donuts or just don't notice me.

i've gotten the finger so many times while driving, my wife thinks the world hates me. and it's not always because i'm driving aggressively.

i hate all the stupid stickers on my windshield. parking sticker for work, parking sticker for apt, fastlane transponder, and MA inspection sticker.

i still love thinking about that guy i was following in a prelude in VT (on a closed track) when we were doing 125 mph (for a few laps).

i also have the ocd/beep lock doors.

i sometimes sit in the back seat to feel what its like.

i yell at people who close my trunk too hard.

as this is my first turbo, i hardly ever turn on the radio or play a cd. the spooling is music to my ears.

I giggled the other day. The roads were absolute shit with slush and snow, I was in a left turn lane waiting for the light, and behind me I saw a prius gingerly picking its way down the track my tires left. And I realized that its tires were half the width of mine. That made me happy.

I like my car dirty, I feel awesome driving around with dust or mud covering the sides. It's like a challenge to all the other sedans out there.

I've yet to get a ticket in my legacy, despite the spoiler, hoodscoop, and numerous dumb things in front of cops.

I wish I had gone for the previous year's Regal Blue

Everytime I walk up to my car I check for dings

I scratched the dash within 2 days of owning the car by transporting shoe molding in my car

I accidentally curbed my wheel while trying to beat traffic coming out of a parking lot, but the turbo kicked in and I forgot about it until the next day.

I secretly relish giving my co-workers a scare everytime I drive to lunch

I still smile every time I drive the car.

I've thought about selling my old college car (240sx) to pay for mods on this one.

I prefer not to drive people around because it kills my gas mileage.

I drive purposefully slower in the fast lane and block the ricers trying to speed off, hoping they think its just a camry driver being stupid.

Are you ready?

I purposefully make up reasons not to teach my wife to drive a stick b/c that would mean I would have to drive her car for about a month while she gets comfortable with it.

I don't like giving a gentleman a ride home from work because he is a bit obese, and I do not want my seat or suspension ruined.

I have put my real project car on the backburner in order to get my daily driving family sedan to run 12s. (wife just doesn't understand that I NEED 300 whp to get the kids to school.)

I spend too much time looking in my rear view mirror waiting for the next Mustang, Camaro, Nissan, or whatever to approach and become the next victim (sadly, none ever show :( )

I seem to notice a new ding everytime I give the car a walkaround.

And finally, I give a little smirk to the fathers who drop their kids off at school in the minivan noticing their surrendered countenance.

Glad I got that off my chest.

:nono:

Why not? they are being stupid so I might as well slow them down a bit so they don't kill someone. Or are you referring to the camry remark? you have to admit the backend looks eerily similar to a camry.

Why not? they are being stupid so I might as well slow them down a bit so they don't kill someone. Or are you referring to the camry remark? you have to admit the backend looks eerily similar to a camry.

oh yes, the tails resemble a camry or a ford 500

I just hold the passing lane so sacred, so pure, that it should be respected at all times. Whether it is a clueless camry or a suby vigilante, either way, the flow of traffic is unnecessarily disrupted. If a ricer is smart enough to pass on the left (instead of weaving like a madman), Id let him right on by.

wouldnt want to incite (somewhat justified) erratic lane changes and/or tailgateing

obedience to church and state is subjugation to the unjust authority of men

oh yes, the tails resemble a camry or a ford 500

I just hold the passing lane so sacred, so pure, that it should be respected at all times. Whether it is a clueless camry or a suby vigilante, either way, the flow of traffic is unnecessarily disrupted. If a ricer is smart enough to pass on the left (instead of weaving like a madman), Id let him right on by.

wouldnt want to incite (somewhat justified) erratic lane changes and/or tailgateing

I guess I didn't make myself clear. I don't drive slower than the rest of the traffic. I drive with the traffic maybe a tick faster than the guy in the lane one over. Just slow enough that the ricers have to slow down, but fast enough not to really f-up traffic flow.

I guess I didn't make myself clear. I don't drive slower than the rest of the traffic. I drive with the traffic maybe a tick faster than the guy in the lane one over. Just slow enough that the ricers have to slow down, but fast enough not to really f-up traffic flow.

perfect. nothing wrong with that :)

obedience to church and state is subjugation to the unjust authority of men

i love hitting my launch control limiter when i'm waiting for people to cross at a cross walk

i love people who ask questions like, "is that the new Mustang??" just so i can see the disappointment on their face when i say no

i have a horrible tendency to, whenever i'm being harassed by a ricer, slow down, spool up the turbo to about 10 psi, and let it blow off in their ear. it usually ends most harassment

i hate people who park far too closely in a parking lot

i also hate people who are incapable of doing the posted, or generally accepted (posted + 5 mph) speed limit

i love ricers. because no matter how bad of a day i'm having, seeing a pos civic with a massive fart cannon and unpainted body kit ALWAYS makes me appreciate my car a little bit more

and, my favorite thing ever, is blasting down a curvaceous mountain road in the fall, and watching the fallen leaves swirl about aimlessly in my wake

i've gotten 5 tickets since ive owned this car.

ive blown up the engine, stock tmic, clutch, differential, transfer case and a rim once.

i spend too many hours on this website.

i spend too much money on mods.

i have a sickness, i hope it will end soon.

i rarely drive with the music louder than the exhaust

i detach my downpipe from the catback once every summer and rip it around for a day.

my car needs to go to rehab it may be addicted to meth.

I love my car, i dont think it loves me though .

lol

06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

Ok, my confessions.

I nearly kill my youngest son everytime i pick him up from school due to his filthy shoes being wiped all over my back seat.

I turn my AC/CC off when i am looking for a good launch.

I shout at my wife when she shuts the door with the window.

I wash the car once or twice a week (in a car wash)

I park outside my window at work so i can admire it all day.

I dust the dashboard regularly.

I vacuum the carpets at least once a week.

I refuse to take this car to the beach because i don't want to fill it with sand.

Most people speed up when they see amber at the lights, i slow down so i can speed up all over again.

If i see a mustang in front i will charge him down to make him feel small.

I love the looks i get when i change gear.

I have nothing in my trunk, to maximize fuel economy and acceleration.

I sometime go out to my car and sit in it, for no apparent reason.

I name her the day i got her.

I put 200 miles on her the day i got her, even though I live 1 mile from the dealership.

I will not let my wife drive this car, even though she can drive MT car perfectly well.

I don't let chauffeurs drive my car.

I'm done:)

Archived