LegacyGT.com

Legacy GT confessions..

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

- I've had my car washed once since I got it.

- I haven't had time to wash the car myself and that makes me sad

- I close the door with the weather strip to avoid touching the glass

- I also hate that my passenger's side window is slower than the driver's side

- I have 1010 miles on the ODO and used S# mode for the first time today on the drive to lunch.

- I have had some regrets about selling my Mazda 3. I miss its looks.

- I still think I could have bought a car that looked nicer, but that would never perform as good.

- I hate the front grill. It makes me think I drive a Taurus.

- I don't like the tail lights sometimes. They look like a previous gen Focus. American. Which is not good. At least if it it was a Euro Focus I would be happier.

- I'm not that happy with the Spec B wheels. I think I like the GT wheels more. I think I actually just need to lower the car and get rid of that huge gap, but then I won't want to take my car to Tijuana with all the speed bumps and potholes.

- I'm still trying to get used to the clutch and start without hesitation.

- I try to make sure the Subaru logo in the key is facing up.

- I haven't tried to turn on my seat warmers.

- I like that the AC gets cold. I don't like that the compressor seems to only be on 30% of the time.

- I haven't had a chance to open the hood of the car.

I need to spend some quality time with my new baby. I hope I can do that soon.

- I've had my car washed once since I got it.

- I haven't had time to wash the car myself and that makes me sad

- I close the door with the weather strip to avoid touching the glass

- I also hate that my passenger's side window is slower than the driver's side

- I have 1010 miles on the ODO and used S# mode for the first time today on the drive to lunch.

- I have had some regrets about selling my Mazda 3. I miss its looks.

- I still think I could have bought a car that looked nicer, but that would never perform as good.

- I hate the front grill. It makes me think I drive a Taurus.

- I don't like the tail lights sometimes. They look like a previous gen Focus. American. Which is not good. At least if it it was a Euro Focus I would be happier.

- I'm not that happy with the Spec B wheels. I think I like the GT wheels more. I think I actually just need to lower the car and get rid of that huge gap, but then I won't want to take my car to Tijuana with all the speed bumps and potholes.

- I'm still trying to get used to the clutch and start without hesitation.

- I try to make sure the Subaru logo in the key is facing up.

- I haven't tried to turn on my seat warmers.

- I like that the AC gets cold. I don't like that the compressor seems to only be on 30% of the time.

- I haven't had a chance to open the hood of the car.

I need to spend some quality time with my new baby. I hope I can do that soon.

bring it over to rancho bernardo i'll help you wash it:lol:

car for sale. PM me!

I secretly thank the guy who hit me in my old Pontiac; otherwise i wouldnt have got my Legacy

I love flooring from a dead stop w/ my 10yr old nephew in the car, b/c even tho we are ina 2002 NA legacy, he thinks its fast :)

Sometimes I think my gf's 02 Celica GT might be faster than my car, but then I remember I have AWD, leather interior and heated seats. It also really annoys me when she says im jealous of her car.

I wash the outside of my car @ least once everyother week, and keep a washcloth inside just incase of something getting dirty but have only vaccumed twice since owning the car for about 3months now.

A friend of mine brought an open styrofoam cup of coke in my car and spill some on the handbrake, cupholder area, and down the right side of the console. I immediatly grabbed the washcloth, wiped it up, and made him drink the whole cup there while he looked at me like i was crazy.

i've taken my car to a touchless car wash 4 times since owning (3 months, but not in almost a month, havent washed it since i've been hit and it goes it for repairs next week) but i havent cleaned the interior once except for removing garbage

i curbed my only non-curbed rim after owning my car for a week (pulled into dealer to have SPT Intake installed {before i found this site and figured out it was a POS} and had to go tight into the last spot with curb on my left cuz i was running late...GRIIIND...i almost cried. other curbings were there when i bought the car)

i also OCD beep-locking my car.

i think my factory sub is nearly blown (makes the flappy sound on some songs)

i grin every time i think about my friend telling me I should have gotten a WRX until he rode in the car and i got on WOT and he told me to take it easy.

i have a padiddle but i'm waiting for my repairs to have it fixed. shock from a rear ending made it go out...

- I'm about 9,000 miles over my 30k maintenance. This was because a friend and I tried to do it ourselves, but got very busy. We got as far as changing the oil and checking some belts. I'm going to remedy that tomorrow ( dealer ).

- I haven't washed my car in 2 months ( and its black ). I live in an apartment and don't have access to a hose.

- I haven't vaccumed the inside for 6+ months.

One day I will treat the car the way it should be treated.

-i have dreams about the car and new mods coming in(not joking. i had a dream about the ap coming in a day early, and my gf had a dream about us getting married).

-have had the car for about a week and a half and have not found any cars worthy of putting the spec bizzle up against. depressing...

-after i bought the car i noticed that both front tires had been curbed.

-need to change the oil, but am too broke after the AP, DP, and CBE.

-cant figure out which tailpipe to use. i guess either one would work since they come from the same Y pipe???

-had a tire blow and cant get a replacement until thursday.../cry

-i think thats it for now. going to go cry and masturbate...

• 2 months later...

I lock the car with the fob, double check by lifting the door handle and just before entering my appartment i go back and check it again! OCD anyone? :lol:

I hate the fact that the trunk of my car is filled with stupid stuff i forget there!

Oh how many times i said: OK for the whole duration of this trip i will stay in I mode! Even if the "trip" is like 10 minutes i have never accomplished that!

Many times i stop at a parking lot light a ciggarete and just admire the looks of the car for the duration of my smoke!

Everytime i park my car i sit in the car and wait a couple of minutes for the turbo to cool down, oh how my gf loves that....:rolleyes:(I know, i know turbo timers are not THAT expensive!)

I enjoy the looks the car gets in traffic(LGT's are extremely rare in Cyprus, mine was the first and i think still is the only 08 here)

Everytime i watch WRC highlights on TV and i see those WR Blue monsters i get goosebumps!

And lastly i love the feeling of pride i feel when someone asks me, what i drive, and i answer a Subaru!:redface:

I lock the car with the fob' date=' double check by lifting the door handle and just before entering my appartment i go back and check it again! OCD anyone? :lol:[/quote']

On one of my last cars, I bought a Clifford two-way alarm with pager remote. The remote control had an LCD with indicator that told whether the car was locked or unlocked. Greatest feature ever - I miss it. :)

-I am not above racing an occasional ricer at a stoplight (up to the posted speed limit)

-having a dirty Legacy on the outside doesn't bother me, I actuall think it's a badge of honor, just like in the commercial :D

-I only vaccuum inside about once a year

-I only dust the interior about once every 3 months

-I've never washed it by hand

-my wife doesn't know about the most expensive investment in the LGT ($750 Perrin TMIC)

I've been working on getting my 08 opensource tuned for the past few weeks. Every time I get a new rev of the rom I am impatiently waiting for work to be over to try it out.

I got the latest version last night at 10 PM and seriously considered going out to grab some more logs. In the end I decided not to go because I had not had dinner and I could wait until today. I'm regretting it now. :lol:

Now that I have owned the car for 3 months and now that it's Stage 1ish I love it more every day. I love the acceleration now that the stupid stutter is gone. :)

Archived