LegacyGT.com

Legacy GT confessions..

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wash my car at least once a week since I bought the car 2 months ago (polished and waxed twice).

I'm always finding an excuse to go run an errand and tend to pick the store furthest from my house.

My daughter loves the sound the car makes at WOT.

With that damn e-throttle I've stalled this car more in 2 months than my previous 2 cars in 17 years.

I'm finally getting used to that damn e-throttle.

All of a sudden, getting the car into reverse is like putting thread through the eye of a needle. It will get there eventually, but takes a couple of tries and a bit of concentration.

I smile everytime I climb into the driver's seat.

A 5 minute drive to the store will result in a 20 minute return trip.

I ALWAYS check for door dings, even if Im parked 300 feet from the nearest car.

I love downshifting and going WOT under overpasses.

I have so many dents, dings, and scrapes from inconsiderate a--hole drivers that I always feel like curling up in a ball and crying after I wash the car.

I admit to sometimes being an a--hole on the roads....what just because you have an suv you think you can do that?!

How come nobody else that gets into my car uses that black strip to close the door?! Inconsiderate -icks!!

I love the non-attention from the cops...yes, sir this family wagon is definitely slower than my old wrx.

Yes, I do sometimes miss driving stick.

I park on the otherside of the lot, always.

I've modded every warrantiable (is that a word?) system in the car and will not be taking it back to the dealer, ever.

I maintain my car better than the dealer.

ignore him, he'll go away.

A 5 minute drive to the store will result in a 20 minute return trip.

I ALWAYS check for door dings, even if Im parked 300 feet from the nearest car.

I love downshifting and going WOT under overpasses.

same

Hey lawl, I feel your pain. I was cross shopping a nice 2000 FRC C5 Corvette. Red. 6 speed. Decided that I needed the 4 door, and tell myself that everytime I see one drive by...

I live in Austin...so we only get like 10 less sunny days than you guys!

I do have the miata. that's part of the reason I ended up with the legacy.

the s2000 was better than the miata but both served the same function...

the legacy was a whole different beast. oh how i love that midrange power.

Although the kicker was the fact that I could go stage 2 and make 70 hp in less than 1.5k. 1.5k in an s2000 would get you about 0.000000001 hp

I figure if i wanted gutless down low I could always jump into the miata.

car for sale. PM me!

I hate that about one month after I got the car, my daughter crashed her bike into it and left a 8" gash in the paint.

I always make sure the subaru emlem is visible on the ignition key.

I shut the trunk by grabbing the inside near the escape handle so as not to leave finger prints.

I yell at my kids when their feet are anywhere but on the floor!

I love my car. I have never driven any car that was as much fun, much less owned it.

I smile when my car is clean, and I'm grumpy when it's not!

My other car is a 1993 Chevy S-10 Tahoe! (Currently being driven to failure by my nephew)

I've never waxed my car, and tend to keep it slightly dirty.

I drive it like I hate it.

Once I do the turbo upgrade I'll drive it like it got my daughter pregnant.

Suspension is for weenies - torque and Velocity is where it's at.

I've never waxed my car, and tend to keep it slightly dirty.

I drive it like I hate it.

Once I do the turbo upgrade I'll drive it like it got my daughter pregnant.

Suspension is for weenies - torque and Velocity is where it's at.

I'm a rate of change of velocity guy myself (acceleration).

car for sale. PM me!

In my Prelude I got two tickets inside of a four day span. :o

You too? I got two tickets in my Prelude, one on Monday, one on Friday from the same damn cop on the same damn road. He walked up laughing the second time with a "I guess you didn't learn your lesson."

I confess --

That before hitting 1,000 miles I had several "emergencies" that required me going over 4,000 RPMS. I loved seeing that Audi TT in my mirror.

That I've become OCD in keeping the Legacy meticulously clean and waxed and I let my son walk around with one bath per week.

That I installed a front strut tower bar in my car without knowing if it would do anything to the handling, but damn it looks cool.

That I secretly wish my commute to work was longer than 7 miles. The Legacy is now 14 months old and I have 8,700 miles on it.

-Zin

06 LGT LTD GRP 5MT

07 FXT LTD OBP 4EAT

I confess --

That before hitting 1,000 miles I had several "emergencies" that required me going over 4,000 RPMS. I loved seeing that Audi TT in my mirror.

hahaha...i got worse...i never broke the car in. i raped a pos on the first day. i hate busted ass cars. they ALWAYS drive the worst.

I wash it every couple months. 3 times now in 6mo of ownership. never waxed or anything. paint iirc is 100 scratch free. all hand wash.

i let a tt get in front of me on a 2 lane road from a stop sign. then i railed the gas and so did he but it was futile. my 07 5eat raped him. right in front of an a4. haha.

did a 2500rpm launch and scared my friend today.

if i didn't redline the car then i must have died. i beat the hell out of it everyday. put mobile 1 in almost 4k miles ago and it's still there.

my gf did 100mph to test a wheel balance. she races bmws and wins.

hahaha...this past week went to pass someone and hit 85 when my gf said cop i looked up and he was gunning already. i dropped to 65 and he did nothing but wave a car down a few car links behind me. almost got caught cracking 100 from a cop on the other side of the road. in a 45. luckily there was enough median with bushes so i could slow.

the gt is a pretty damn cool car.

My legacy has 257,000 Km's on it

It's been past 200 Kph more than once

It has so many dents, i can't count them all. Yes i do roll up into a ball and cry

It has more scratches than dents, and thats not counting the tiny ones.

There's actually no paint left on the front bumper at all

People consider it spotless when all i can see is dirt.. and dents.. and scratches..

I'm always faster than the guy in front of me.

I only drive on 98 octane, even though it rapes my bank account :rolleyes:

It's smelt like someone spilt milk for over 5 months now :nono:

I too close the door with the rubber strip sticking out from the window and instruct others to do the same.

I spend entirely too much time detailing the car, atleast 4 hours a weekend.

I have owned my car 2 months and have 2300 miles, washed it 11 times and waxed it twice.

I downshift from 6th to 4th to pass a**holes blocking the right lane.

I will not drive behind trucks, or cars with big tires and no mud flaps.

Each tank of gas has yielded more mileage, but I got the best gain by altering my route to work. My mpg readout says 11.2 right now :)

I still love to look at my car.

I normally drive in I mode. When I put it in S# I smile and my ego goes up.

forgot to add:

I close the trunk with the emergency escape handle

I park as far away from other cars as possible and get mad if someone parks next to me.

I never broke the car in, thats what factory break in is for.

I have hit the rev limiter more than once.

I have gone 100+ mph more than once.

I keep wax, quick detailer, window cleaner and microfiber towels in the trunk for emergency details.

I can tell you how every 12v circut works in my car but I have little to no idea how the internal combustion engine works

Every time I see a pic of an overseas leggy I want to go to SOA and ask them why my car looks like a Camry

I park so far away in lots that it always turns into an argument when my wifes with me

My wife won't ask me to drive my car anymore because I'll call her to make sure its OK and shes parked it where its safe

When an old lady backed into me at 2000 miles she had no idea how close the accident scene could have turned into a murder investigation

I don't think I get in and out of my car correctly because my leather seat is starting to wear and have already priced a new seat

i have launched my car a total of 6 times

i enjoy the loudness of my bov

i havent used my ac in almost a year (im dead serious, i just dont use it :iam:)

i obsessively detail my car at least once a week

ive still been too lazy to fix the wiring for my co2 sprayer

still let the ac run a few minutes a month at least. long term it matters.

I forgot to add:

I enjoy taking low speed turns sedately with a friend in the car, only to hit boost hard at the apex and watch them hold on during the exit :)

Archived