LegacyGT.com

Legacy GT confessions..

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was detailing the Impreza this weekend and I couldn't drive it until the sealant cured. I had to pick up the wife, so I got into the lgt and it was completely dead. I have what was my dream car only a few years ago and now it hasnt been driven in so long that it died on me.

I put 1500 miles on my car in the first 2 days, so I could drive it like I wanted to for rest of its life.

I like my car more than my girlfriend, because it never tells me no

There is no reason to drive slow and easy for the break-in. Just vary the revs and change the oil. The engines are broken in from the factory, but there will always be some metal shavings for the first few 1000 miles. The only time you would follow a strick break-in these days is if you had to rebuild the engine.

Enjoy the car while its new. Since the ecu is self learning. If you plan on driving it hard you need to do it while its new. Or at least reset the ecu after your "break-in" period. I went straight from the dealership to mt. hood taking the tight cornering scenic route the entire way. Hit the rev limiter and over 100mph a number of times the first day of ownership.

Archived