LegacyGT.com

Drag Race: 05LGT 5MT TDC Stg1 vs. Boxster S Auto

moviemadness

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good luck, and dont miss a shift.

why the heck are people so scared about even talking about racing? he said its on private land and even if it wasnt, who cares, they could go to mexico for all you know.

INBEORETHELGT.COMPOLICEPIC

stage 2

It's tricky with a 5MT. I have revved up to 5000 RPM's and did a quick realease and all I got was clutch stink. I seem to do best revving up to around 4000 or so RPM's and doing a quick realease. Note: I am NOT dumping the clutch.

You should go out and practice a bit. The trick is getting the Turbo spooled and using the power. If you rev too low, you will fall flat on your face.

:icon_twis Slide It Sideways :icon_twis

Stock specs are:

256 hp and 229 lb ft

Ok, so its a Stage 1 MT LGT vs a 2002 AT "poor excuse for a Porsche" Boxster?

You will crush him. I would still go Stg II and embarrass his sorryass. Why would one ever buy a Boxster to begin with? They are for ego maniacs who can't afford REAL porsches. Tell this fool to come down to DC and race me for pinks. I would love to have a Porsche for sale to pay off my car and get some more mods. :lol:

Ok, so its a Stage 1 MT LGT vs a 2002 AT "poor excuse for a Porsche" Boxster?

You will crush him. I would still go Stg II and embarrass his sorryass. Why would one ever buy a Boxster to begin with? They are for ego maniacs who can't afford REAL porsches. Tell this fool to come down to DC and race me for pinks. I would love to have a Porsche for sale to pay off my car and get some more mods. :lol:

qft

stage 2

If you here talking about going stage II for this, how do you know this guy isnt doing the exact same thing? If you're going to agree to race, disclose the mods on your car before hand. This guy could have money and go get some crazy power mods just to embarress you.

If its a stock 02 auto, you should win, the newest S' are pretty quick. Im no expert but the best launches ive had have been in the 3-4k range with a light slip. It seems more aggresive launches just end up with clutch stink.

Good luck. I would definately suggest practicing your launch. Its not automatic with 5mt. There is a feel for it. Hopefully its cold out I find it way easier to launch in the cold because the tires spin a little making that fall flat on your face risk greatly reduced. The one and only benefit of the RE92's. Just get the hang of it and with a good launch you can smoke cars that should be even faster then you just because of the launch.

Archived