LegacyGT.com

Drag Race: 05LGT 5MT TDC Stg1 vs. Boxster S Auto

moviemadness

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lol.:rolleyes:

We are talking about a drag race here. Please direct me to any mods (short of an engine swap - and even those won't make it particularly fast) that will allow an auto Boxster to run in the low 13s.

I never said the Boxster was a bad car; I would never want to offend the Porsche fanatics :lol:

do different stage 2 setups yield different hp outputs?

etc: DP, UP/DP, UP/DP/TMIC, UP/DP/TMIC/Intake?

what would I expect from each? which is the most efficient way to go?

i'm hearing from his friends that he might not be stock.. some heard him claim that it's at 280 hp......some hear that he has an intake. I might need to inspect his engine

The best bang for your buck I would say is getting a catless uppipe and a full length catless downpipe. Then the stage 2 tune for it. You won't be dissapointed. Intake needs custom tune so I wouldn't suggest it, plus gains are not huge, TMIC will help if you got the $$. But If your going with a DP I would definately suggest a UP. Your already in there and how much do they cost 150-200? They help with spool up big time.

Thats what I'm saying, why would someone go blindly into this. Not to sound corny, but I think there should be some honor involved. Be upfront with mods, otherwise it just seems kind of sleezy and underhanded. Ideally you would want two cars that are comparable in power, so its the drivers skill that actually makes the difference.

Maybe thats just me.

Either way, good luck.

Do you guys have any idea what it would cost to make an automatic boxster have enough juice to beat a stage 1 LGT? Probably $10,000-20,000. I've got a buddy that has a 6speed boxster 320 (some special RUF package) that puts it at 320 crank HP, that cost like 15,000 and its still not that fast.

If the OP launches correctly with a stage 1 setup, the boxster is done.

We are talking about a drag race here. Please direct me to any mods (short of an engine swap - and even those won't make it particularly fast) that will allow an auto Boxster to run in the low 13s.

I never said the Boxster was a bad car; I would never want to offend the Porsche fanatics :lol:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=boxster+supercharger

:rolleyes:

lol

Do you guys have any idea what it would cost to make an automatic boxster have enough juice to beat a stage 1 LGT? Probably $10,000-20,000. I've got a buddy that has a 6speed boxster 320 (some special RUF package) that puts it at 320 crank HP, that cost like 15,000 and its still not that fast.

If the OP launches correctly with a stage 1 setup, the boxster is done.

some of us do ;)

AutoSpeed Turbo Back Exhaust $998

Greddy SUS Headers $530

AutoSpeed Upipe $149

AEM CAI $224

TDC Stage2 Tune $150

The look on the guys face when a 4 door sedan blows past his porsche...............................PRICELESS:lol:

Release date TBA, it isn't even out yet and even when it does come out it's 230rwhp. :eek::spin::lol:

That supercharger won't do the trick; even if it was actually available and someone actually installed it.

http://www.orlyowl.com/orly.jpg

lol

google is a tool, lets not forget to use it before we post ;)

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=boxster+supercharger&hl=en

And please don't mis-understand what I'm saying here. I think he will win... the chances of the porsche being modified are slim to none. But options for the boxster do exsist... its just that the majority who want a faster porsche... have a cayman or 911 ;)

lol

Offend Porsche fanatics? haha, I like that one

Porsche is a great car maker. The 911 Turbo, Carrera GT, GT2, and GT3 are just a few of the phenomenal cars that I drool over everytime I see one.

The Boxster on the other hand, is ghey and ugly IMHO. It is Porsche's answer to the guy who is having a midlife crisis and has a wild hair to buy a sports car but can't afford a 911.

The automatic Boxster is like buying an automatic V6 Mustang. Completely pointless.

The Boxster on the other hand, is ghey and ugly IMHO. It is Porsche's answer to the guy who is having a midlife crisis and has a wild hair to buy a sports car but can't afford a 911.

The automatic Boxster is like buying an automatic V6 Mustang. Completely pointless.

:lol: Good summary.

lol

Guest Gitster

+1 on take it easy with the IBTL when talking about racing on a private strip.

I would say race him twice, once for something cheap $100 / $250 ?? Two weeks apart. Take it easy the first time, dont launch too hard and judge his acceleration to try and stay even.

Then you have two weeks to think about needing a DP or a retune whatever. If he toasts you and you cant keep up on the first run then think twice about the second time.

Archived