LegacyGT.com

2008 US Legacy and Outback Model Lineup

Jon in CT

At the auto show it looked like the 3.0R had a redline of 6500, but the tachometer went up to 9000. Anybody have any ideas if that engine can be pushed to 8 or 8.5K without having to do a rebuild?

NFW.

I'd be surprised if that valves don't float by 7000.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the pictures again, I really like the redish wood instead of the brushed alluminum. It looks very rich. I hope not to be dissapointed when I see it in person.

I really don't want to see the 3.0L in the Legacy Ive decided. Its old news now that the 3.6L has debuted. And its obselete in my oppinion. A performance company that wants to gain status, but offers a boring 3.0L.

Since when 250HP 3.0L engine is boring?

If you want more excitement you buy 2.5L with turbo.

You guys understand that 3.6L in Legacy would be US only adventure for Subaru just like VW Passat 3.6 is for VW.

Krzys

PS I think Passat R36 will be offered in Europe too but it will be very low percentage of total sold, I bet.

Since when 250HP 3.0L engine is boring?

Since Toyota started offering the Camry with a 3.5L 268 hp engine. Not to mention that the 3.0L doesnt have all that much torque. And the 3.0L doesnt have any better fuel economy than the 2.5L turbo, so whats the point?

Since Toyota started offering the Camry with a 3.5L 268 hp engine. Not to mention that the 3.0L doesnt have all that much torque. And the 3.0L doesnt have any better fuel economy than the 2.5L turbo, so whats the point?

Yes, a Camry is very exciting.

Yes, a Camry is very exciting.

I didnt say that it was. But, Americans look at horsepower. Although a Camry may be slower from 0 - 60, people can still look at it go "hmmm more horsepower and better fuel economy than the competition."

What is the 0 - 60 of an H6 Outback anyway? Anyone?

The 0 - 60 of a Camry V6?

Im not sure that the Outback/3.0R would beat a Camry V6.

I think it is the idea that there is a directiional move behind it. If they start offering a 6 cylinder then they might offer a turbo 6 cylinder. And that would be cool. I think it is safe to say that the 2.5L boxer engine has reached it's capacity in terms of imagination and aftermarket parts. I mean for gods sake there are people with turbos and superchargers on the thing. It is really maxed out. While there may be many technical advantages to a 4 cylinder the six cylinder is a better move in terms of the numbers game for subaru. When stupid americans buy cars they see HP and more cylinders as equal to performance. While we all know this is an assanine notion, this is the education level of the consumers. The legacy is hands down one of the fastest sedans in the market, but people see 4 cylinder and think slow boring Japanese sedan with so-so appearance and less brand recognition than a toyota. If the people ask for old moldy cheese, you give it to them with a fancy french name and jack up the price. Now, where this is advantageous to us is when Subaru sticks to it's guns about performance. IF they take the 6 cylinder and make it their new engine platform it will give us a reliable 6 cylinder boxer engine with endless capabilities for mods, larger displacement and a chance at more top end power. Think Porsche, or no longer losing the 60-100 race with all the european sport cars.

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/outback/Ob08keys1.JPG

Ok.. who are all the idiots who complained about having a seperate remote from the key? This is what we get thanks to you and I wouldn't want to have to carry that big ugly thing on my key ring.

Booooooo

It looks like my sisters ugly accord key :mad:

Booo.... Ugly huge awkward key. (good idea, but FAR too big. Subaru just can't hit the mark lately, can they?)

Hooray.... ummmm....

...Beer?!

haha! Man they need some help. I just don't think that it would be that hard. They should just hire some of us.

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/outback/Ob08keys1.JPG

Ok.. who are all the idiots who complained about having a seperate remote from the key? This is what we get thanks to you and I wouldn't want to have to carry that big ugly thing on my key ring.

Oh, idea is great (check VW integrated key http://i9.ebayimg.com/06/i/08/e0/c4/af_1_b.JPG) just execution lacks.

Krzys

have you guys ever seen integrated keys before? they are all huge

nah. my key is barely larger than the Subaru key was.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/PatagonianGT/webpics/mini_cooper_key_remote_thumb.jpgG]

Archived