LegacyGT.com

2008 US Legacy and Outback Model Lineup

Jon in CT

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:rolleyes: What is it with people's obsession with these inferior lights?

I disagree that they are inferior. I see much better with them on rainy nights with HIDs than I do with the reflection of my halogens on the road. I know people don't like it when these bright white/blue lights pass you, but to me its no different than an SUV driving by with their lights at my eye level.

And I heard tire pressure monitoring is on its way as well.

Yup. Pressure monitoring is more annoying though... Most people dont do jack with their tires so they freak out when the light comes on and are like "OMG my tires are going to explode!" when all they have to do is go put some air in at the gas station....

Yup. Pressure monitoring is more annoying though... Most people dont do jack with their tires so they freak out when the light comes on and are like "OMG my tires are going to explode!" when all they have to do is go put some air in at the gas station....

Well at least gas mileage will go up ....that is if people reinflate their tires when it tells them too.

Why the requirement for VDC? We all have our reasons, just curious.

I think when it really matters is when its important.. I dont plan on rallying with my car but in the rare chance something does happen on the highway in crappy weather on my way to work I need to be able to have the best response available to me.. I think my life or anyones life is worth the extra mechanics or cost involved. Check out the information below.. I cant imagine you will find a better source of information except from those with archives of fatal crash statistics.

From The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety

"Vehicles Equipped with Electronic Stability Control (ESC)

About half of the fatal passenger vehicle crashes that occur each year involve a single vehicle. Equipping vehicles with ESC can reduce the risk of involvement in these crashes by more than 50 percent."

http://www.iihs.org/ratings/esc/esc_explained.html

IIRC, traction control will be required on ALL vehicles sold in the US soon.

Stability control and traction control are two separate systems.

I do not want traction control but I would love to have stability control on my Legacy.

Krzys

I keep seeing people posting photos of their fancy HID upgrades shining down an empty road in clear conditions.

I might consider changing my stance when people post before and after HID retrofit photos from inside their car in fog, rain and snow.

Am I the only one who thinks something sounds wrong with "High intensity low beam"? WTF are High beams? Ultra intensity?

High intensity low beams = high intensity beams that aim low to the ground/road.

High intensity high beams = high intensity beams that aim HIGH in opposing drivers faces.

I keep seeing people posting photos of their fancy HID upgrades shining down an empty road in clear conditions.

I might consider changing my stance when people post before and after HID retrofit photos from inside their car in fog, rain and snow.

Am I the only one who thinks something sounds wrong with "High intensity low beam"? WTF are High beams? Ultra intensity?

My Xenon's are not retrofit, they are a factory Audi feature on a 2006 A4. They are much better than ANY halogen lamp I have had on any car before in any condition. Ouput is much greater and the cut-off line is sharp as well.

It is a 2.5i of some trim... possibly base, or SE. No fog lights.

not even a 3.0R.

I am kind of dissappointed with the body refresh. The front looks less agressive, and the back looks more awkward. (odd reflectors in the bumpers, rather than rear fog lights or smooth, and the tail light line does not meet the trunk trim line. How easy is that to get right, and they didn't?)

At the auto show it looked like the 3.0R had a redline of 6500, but the tachometer went up to 9000. Anybody have any ideas if that engine can be pushed to 8 or 8.5K without having to do a rebuild?

Archived