LegacyGT.com

2008 US Legacy and Outback Model Lineup

Jon in CT

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't even care. I know I shouldn't get my hopes up, but they're up now. There's a good chance I won't be able to afford it, though but we'll see. Maybe in NY, Subaru will give us all the goods. And I love how you just slid in this new detail. We knew this was in the works, but coming from you, there's more credence esp. since you gave us a time frame.

;1046985']BTW' date=' there'll be a mid-model-year introduction of a high-end 2008 Legacy trim and Outback trim which aren't shown on that document.[/quote']

You are not the OP on this info... why don't you give credit to the person on Nasioc who's info you are stealing. You're a biter!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

they should put the bigger, slower h-6 in the spec b

fixed for ya...

I actually think that - purely from a Sales standpoint - Subaru missed the boat by not offering the SpecB with an automatic transmission. I'm an avowed MT fan, myself, but I think they would have sold a lot more if they had that option. (Lots of rich, lazy folks out there - haha, j/k!!) I mean, it's not like it's a dedicated sports beast like the STi, anyway.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

the letter I got from the SOA rep on the Legacy line basically hinted at a "more luxrious" Legacy trim that would most likely put it in the same boat as Acura except AWD and most likely more power.

Wouldn't be surprised if we see a WRB or "special" color added to the Legacy line.

If this comes to pass, it would be interesting what the MSRP is going to be on it because a $35,000 Subaru doesn't sound to far fetched.

EDIT: Also Jon usually gets his facts straight so I doubt it. However the info on Nasioc is better than in this thread.

Basically go here: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1211313&page=3

It sounds like a 5EAT/6SPD 2.5GT Tuned by STI with Leather, power, moonroof, VDC, SI-Drive, Nav, 280BHP w/ Brembos and STI Suspension. Maybe they are listening....

fixed for ya...

I actually think that - purely from a Sales standpoint - Subaru missed the boat by not offering the SpecB with an automatic transmission. I'm an avowed MT fan, myself, but I think they would have sold a lot more if they had that option. (Lots of rich, lazy folks out there - haha, j/k!!) I mean, it's not like it's a dedicated sports beast like the STi, anyway.

Preach it all day. I've been saying this since the first Spec B landed. Subaru doesn't get the NA market by offering a "manual" only in a performance/luxury market. Basically if they don't offer a Auto in this "Tuned by STI" model, they're f'ed for sales figures.

fixed for ya...

no......

the new h-6 3.6l coming out for the tribeca

Whatever this tuned by STI model is, its going to be introduced at SEMA, not at the NYC show

I actually think it will never be introduced over here. :) I really do. I don't think we'll ever see anything greater then a spec.B, with no additional HP. I am commited to that belief now. Nothing will change my mind till I see it ON THE STREET. I give up. Better to expect little and recieve nothing then to actually hope for anything that would make us happy. :)

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

:spin: i have been reading this entire thread as well as the larger thread on NASIOC and i have one small humble question. i have missed the evidence that the "chart" goes to 8AV...and that there is some rumor (confirmed????) that there is an 8AZ out there somewhere waiting to arise at some up-and-coming auto show in the near future...

i admit that at 2 in the a.m. i am not the sharpest cookie...but for the sake of "the obvious" (whatever that is) can someone tell me where this jump from 8AV (on the chart) to 8AZ came from?:confused: :confused:

thank you so much...peace

unit 91 mentioned that these codes exist but have not made the 'official listing' as of yet...and then the entire post lights up with rumors as to what they think these codes mean...

(here is my ignorance -->) is unit 91 that much in the "know" that his mention of 8AZ is gospel? i really don't know...and i am not trying to offend anyone...its just that as i read along the thread, he makes mention of missing codes...and then..well...the rest is history...(and part of that history is my confusion)

btw, thank you keepcalm for responding to my confussion

peace

Archived