LegacyGT.com

2008 US Legacy and Outback Model Lineup

Jon in CT

Any more info or rumors on the 8AZ model that some NASIOC people have mentioned??? :iam: Mid-year high end Legacy and Outback model is the rumor but nothing about it lately.............
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm working with a dealer on bringing some Canadian Legacy Wagon over....is there any interest?

The interest will be there, it's the question of price. I guess it won't be low...

I'd be interested to see what they can do. I've talked to a Subbie Dealer before in Canada and they admit they have a waaaaaaay overpriced product but SOC controls that, not the individual dealer. He told me if customers say they can get a US spec Subbie (trying to bargain basically) he just tells them go for it cause he can't compete on price AT ALL. :(

The spec.B they had was $46,800 CAD with NO markup, that's MSRP up there. An '07 GT MT Wagon starts at $42k CAD, which is about $35.5k UDS. Invoice that down to say $32k or so (pretending it's cost structure is similar to the US spec.B) and you have an idea of where you're at. :)

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

I still want more 8AZ info! :D

It'll be called Legacy Tuned by STI. It'll use the same engine calibrations as the

spec.B so that it can use the same EPA type certification, in the same way that

the JDM Legacy Tuned by STI produces the same power as the JDM Legacy spec.B.

I expect different/better mufflers, springs, brakes, wheels and, perhaps, a unique

exterior color. I expect it will debut at SEMA this year, at the end of October.

I also expect people here to whine about how it's not worth the extra money.

I think the more interesting car will be the 8DZ, the Outback Tuned by STI.

;1132167']It'll be called Legacy Tuned by STI. It'll use the same engine calibrations as the

I expect different/better mufflers, springs, brakes, wheels and, perhaps, a unique

exterior color. I expect it will debut at SEMA this year, at the end of October.

Sounds to me like the Spec B moaning and groaning all over again.

For me....5EAT or 6EAT or bust.

the question would be "how much" for all the stuff listed, and what color.

It's only not worth the extra money if it isn't worth the extra money.

The complaints about the spec B are well founded, even if the Spec B does have some nice attributes, and is a nice car.

More boneheaded thinking won't help the STI tuned Legacy. Smart product planning, good options, and a reasonable price WILL help it.

I am not sure that SOA has the credentials and track record for us to "take it on faith." Do we dare go back into the list of SOA's recent boneheaded moves from the last few years? or the just released Impreza? Do we need to compare the US Legacy to the rest of the world again? I think that road has been well traveled...

Iwanna: Could you move your two pics so they are on top of each other rather then side by side? It's making this page kinda odd.... THANKS! :)

;1132167']It'll be called Legacy Tuned by STI. It'll use the same engine calibrations as the

Thanks for the comments/info.

Worth the extra money? Depends on what people want.

For those interested in handling, maybe so.

For those interested primarily in acceleration... $5K-6K more than a 2.5GT and the same performance? BWAHAHA (wipes tears of laughter from eyes)

OT: Ari_OutbackWagon- You thinking of coming to the Alki meet on Sat?

Iwanna- Thanks buddy! :D

I don't think that the STI will be $2k over. :hide: Take away NAV and you have $2k to spend. What, $800 for SPT exhaust and $200 for SPT Intake and that's MSRP right? So, then you have a $1000 left for brakes. I know that's not a lot but at least if it's without NAV you're doing better right there...

OT: Ari_OutbackWagon- You thinking of coming to the Alki meet on Sat?

Iwanna- Thanks buddy! :D

I don't think that the STI will be $2k over. :hide: Take away NAV and you have $2k to spend. What, $800 for SPT exhaust and $200 for SPT Intake and that's MSRP right? So, then you have a $1000 left for brakes. I know that's not a lot but at least if it's without NAV you're doing better right there...

Since the "tuned by STI' model is based on the Spec.B, you still have NAV.

You get everything the Spec.B has, then add:

Brembo brakes

STI Front strut-tower brace

STI Sway bar

STI mufflers

STI springs

STI guages

STI seats

Take a look here:

http://www.subaru-sti.co.jp/legacytunedbysti/catalog/utility/index.html

So, add the price of all those to the Spec.B price, and you'll have a good idea of MSRP for the 2008 Legacy GT Spec.B tuned by STI.

But that's Japan. Are we SURE that SOA is going to do the same thing? They hardly ever replicate anything from Japan, I wish they did. :( SOA seems to prefer to give us watered down crap. :mad: Is it really going to have the outrageous of a long name? :confused: Not so excited anymore........

Archived