LegacyGT.com

2008 US Legacy and Outback Model Lineup

Jon in CT

Unit 91 and SoDealer on Nasioc are well known for their inside info. Also Jon [inCT] seems to post insider info too. So when i see one of those three post either here or on Nasioc I think its a pretty good source of info.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No problem. Hey I could be wrong but after reading on Nasioc for almost 4yrs now these guys seem to have the info when it comes to new models and what not. They like to tease us with nuggets of info on new models.

SOA what a bunch of freakin morons

6 versions of the 2.5 i versus 4 versions of the GT.

And what freakin corporate genius decides to not offer NAVI on the 2.5 GT LTD Manual.

People should not hv to buy the spec B to get Navi.

I swear.....SOA just knows how to leave its customers disappointed.

ACURA make that freakin TSX with turbo and SH-AWD already!!!!!!!

I am ready to give u my money dammit!!!

screw u SOA!!!

No problem. Hey I could be wrong but after reading on Nasioc for almost 4yrs now these guys seem to have the info when it comes to new models and what not. They like to tease us with nuggets of info on new models.

They are cock teases I'll give them that. :lol: I'm trying to coax more info out myself. Everyone over there is saying the rumor is confirmed pretty much and we should be happy. Well, that's great and all, but WHAT is exactly confirmed? A "Tuned by STI" model with WHAT on it? Sounds like SPT performance pack but thats it. I just want someone to tell us what it is and then we can spend the next 6 months arguing about it. :lol: Why introduce the model mid year? Obviously because this original release of models BLOWS and they need something midyear to perk interest in their line again. :(

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

SOA what a bunch of freakin morons

6 versions of the 2.5 i versus 4 versions of the GT.

And what freakin corporate genius decides to not offer NAVI on the 2.5 GT LTD Manual.

People should not hv to buy the spec B to get Navi.

I swear.....SOA just knows how to leave its customers disappointed.

ACURA make that freakin TSX with turbo and SH-AWD already!!!!!!!

I am ready to give u my money dammit!!!

screw u SOA!!!

They would make the TL AWD before the TSX.

New to the Subaru seen pardon my newbishness. Quick question though. Are the models being displayed on the Subaru global site what we are expecting for the US 08 models? I really like them and cannot wait to get my hands on one.

http://www.subaru-global.com/legacy_specb_s.html

Thats a great looking car. It does not look anything like the 07 available around here. I hope its available this year. Any info would be helpful.. I have been looking around and have not found anything concrete yet. Thanks in advance!

New to the Subaru seen pardon my newbishness. Quick question though. Are the models being displayed on the Subaru global site what we are expecting for the US 08 models? I really like them and cannot wait to get my hands on one.

http://www.subaru-global.com/legacy_specb_s.html

Thats a great looking car. It does not look anything like the 07 available around here. I hope its available this year. Any info would be helpful.. I have been looking around and have not found anything concrete yet. Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the site! Yes, the '07 models you see in other markets will be what you'll see in the US in '08 (not all trim levels will make it here, but that's the body style we'll see).

Hmm, just went to the link, and don't see any 2.5s at all.

Some differences between what's listed there and what we get:

Instead of 2.0 we get 2.5

We also get 2.5 turbo

Our Spec.B is a 2.5 turbo rather than a 3.0

Up 'til now, our only 3.0 was an Outback. For '08, we're getting 3.0R.

Our only wagons are Outbacks (keep an eye out for that Outback STI that's rumored though...)

Everyone over there is saying the rumor is confirmed pretty much and we should be happy.

There is no rumor over there. People are talking about what they want but no one makes an informed post that anything is actually coming.

I made a similar comment in that thread.

I was speaking more along the lines of Unit 91 and some other dude. They won't "confirm" but won't "deny" but continue to say something IS coming. At least the Unit guy does. :rolleyes: I think it's stupid, but they have said something will be coming but no specifics. This is one of his many posts on the mystery Z coded Legacy and Outback that does not appear on the 08 list as of now.

It doesn't mean that there is a 'z' in the name. It does imply a trim level higher than what is currently listed. So... what I'm saying is something exists above what has been put on the '08 listing.
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

So Im wondering about the 3.0L coming into the Legacy. We know that the Outbacks have different AWD systems than the Legacy and that this affects gas mileage. So do you think Subaru will be lazy and have the same system has the 3.0R Outback or have a system of that in the Legacy?

Heres some info about the 2008's, starting with what the models are and the curb weights (from my curb weight thread on NASIOC I just updated):

08 2.5i sdn M 3270

08 2.5i sdn M (sun) 3305

08 2.5i sdn A 3325

08 2.5i sdn A (sun) 3360

08 2.5i sdn A VDC 3330

08 2.5i ltd. sdn A 3365

08 2.5i ltd. sdn A VDC 3370

08 GT ltd. sdn M 3415

08 GT ltd. sdn A 3485

08 GT ltd. sdn A VDC 3490

08 GT ltd. sdn A VDC (nav) 3495

08 Spec-B sdn M VDC 3530

08 3.0R sdn A VDC 3545

08 OBK 2.5i wgn M 3350

08 OBK 2.5i wgn M (sun) 3385

08 OBK 2.5i wgn A 3395

08 OBK 2.5i wgn A VDC 3400

08 OBK 2.5i wgn A (nav) 3400

08 OBK 2.5i ltd. wgn M 3415

08 OBK 2.5i ltd. wgn A 3460

08 OBK 2.5i ltd. wgn A VDC 3465

08 OBK 2.5i ltd. wgn A (nav) 3465

08 OBK 2.5i ltd. wgn A VDC (nav) 3470

08 OBK XT lt. wgn M VDC 3535

08 OBK XT lt. wgn M VDC (nav) 3540

08 OBK XT lt. wgn A VDC 3605

08 OBK XT lt. wgn A VDC (nav) 3610

08 OBK 3.0R LL Bean wgn A VDC 3620

08 OBK 3.0R LL Bean wgn A VDC (nav) 3625

Also, I just noticed the 2.5i legacy power numbers changed! :eek:

170hp @ 6000 170ftlbs @ 4400 (down from 176/169 :mad: )

08 GT ltd. sdn M 3415 FTW

This is only like 10 lbs more than the '05s so that's good. IMO the 80 more lbs for the automatic w/ VDC makes makes it even easier for me to accept that the MT doesn't have VDC, I don't know if it would simply be another 5 lbs if the MT had VDC, though.

IMO the 80 more lbs for the automatic w/ VDC makes makes it even easier for me to accept that the MT doesn't have VDC, I don't know if it would simply be another 5 lbs if the MT had VDC, though.

Been shopping for a new car for about 5 months now...

Been looking for stability control, AWD, power, MT and something under or around 30k.. Guess I am gonna keep saving for a Spec.B.. MazdaSpeed6 doesnt do it for me. Its too bad the GT doesnt offer VDC with a manual transmission. I was looking foward to buying that. I just think the Spec.B is a tad pricey. Bring it down a few notches and I would consider.. I have one down to 32k but still with 5% sales tax, destination and documentation fees etc. I am back up to 34k. I can wait a bit longer...

Why the requirement for VDC? We all have our reasons, just curious.

I find the MT subbie system so much better balanced than the AT system, do you really need it? I am sure in extreme situations in would help, but I have also heard it is slow to respond. I have never driven in one with it so I really do not know first-hand. I know my ABS is fair in response, not great. so I don't see how the VDC would be much different.

Peace,

Greg

Archived