LegacyGT.com

2008 US Legacy and Outback Model Lineup

Jon in CT

But that's Japan. Are we SURE that SOA is going to do the same thing? They hardly ever replicate anything from Japan, I wish they did. :( SOA seems to prefer to give us watered down crap. :mad: Is it really going to have the outrageous of a long name? :confused: Not so excited anymore........

Well, the Liberty tuned by STI in Australia is very similar to the Japanese version, but they also appear to get a short-throw shifter and an ECU tune (Oh, and I forgot to mention the 18" custom wheels):

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/04/13/australia-gets-limited-run-subaru-liberty-gt-tuned-by-sti/

Since the rumor is that the Legacy and Outback STI models will be announced at SEMA, maybe we'll get an ECU tune too... <crosses fingers>

...and, yes, the official name is long, but "Legacy STI" will do.

(one thing we probably won't see: Japanese and Aussie versions get the McIntosh stereo. Not much chance we'll see that)

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do I hear easy to get but ridiculously expensive STi muffler, brakes, wheels etc upgrades for existing LGT owners if the Tuned by STi rumor is true? :wub:

fix0red! :lol:

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Nothing too surprising in there... wagons don't sell here and they do in Europe. Oh well... :( BMW and Audi are ok with 5% of a line making up sales of wagons.
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

No kidding... sell what you can to whoever wants it... :spin:

Maybe SOA should get a clue and try the same thing. Instead, they sell whatever they THINK the market wants instead of what the market really wants. They're coming around though... Spec.B and "tuned by STI" are good signs.

Maybe SOA should get a clue and try the same thing. Instead, they sell whatever they THINK the market wants instead of what the market really wants.

I still wish my '99 had come with the 3.3L....not at the gas pump however.

Most likely. I would wait to deal on these for a bit. Especially since it's just gonna drop so quickly once the '09's come out. :hide::lol:;)

Most likely. I would wait to deal on these for a bit. Especially since it's just gonna drop so quickly once the '09's come out. :hide::lol:;)

Yeah, but the '09s will drop like a rock when the '10 refresh comes along, so you might wanna wait 'til then... :spin:

:lol:

I know this is OT, but,... I just got my AccessPort!! Whoohoo! :spin: :spin:

Flashed Stage 2 - 93 octane last night.

That'll stave off my desire for an '08 Legacy tuned by STI for a little while...

Ehhh... you mentioned " '08 Legacy " so it was on topic. ;)

I threw that last sentence in as an afterthought, just before clicking "submit". I'm glad to know it qualified as on-topic... :)

I've been doing some thinking about the Legacy "tuned by STI"...

When I first started reading about it, the rumor was that we might see it in 2010, and at first I really wanted one, but now I'm not so sure.

It won't have any engine changes (though possibly an ECU tune), which means it will be pretty easy to surpass it with add-ons to my current Legacy. Since I now have the AccessPort, I think I'll go for a Megan Racing cat-back in the near future, and that should be enough to tide me over until the Legacy model change in 2010 (since that was when I initially expected the "tuned by STI" in the first place).

Has anybody heard whether or not the "tuned by STI" for the US will be in limited numbers like in Japan and Australia?

Archived