LegacyGT.com

24 hr Beater Race

urfsin

Thread Revival!...

So what's the word on this Race?!?

I hung out with my buddy, and i have two Fire/race suits sitting in my garage...Let me know if you guys made it in!!

Yao Ming!

~Sucka-Duck~

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are still in limbo as of right now. The car has the world's meanest sounding straight pipe exhaust on it and I'd love to tear up the track while making everyone else deaf!:lol:

Hey Dave, any way you can call up the organizers and get the 411 on our situation?

We are still in limbo as of right now. The car has the world's meanest sounding straight pipe exhaust on it and I'd love to tear up the track while making everyone else deaf!:lol:

Hey Dave, any way you can call up the organizers and get the 411 on our situation?

Yup, That is one baaaad Outback. I started it up when I stopped by last week and had to shut it down after 10 seconds.... :wub::lol:

Wow, so this is out in Tracy? Heck, that's like 45 minutes from Fremont.. Wish I'd seen this sooner. Unfortunately, don't have much time, but.. Maybe I'll show up to cheer you on or something.. I might be able to help out with some reconnaissance or something..

I'm amazed all you SoCal guys are getting into this - quite a trek!

Good luck. Hope you get in.

HV

Ok guys, I know that I have lagged BIG TIME on this, but here is my fist draft of a sponsorship letter to SOA. Please feel free to give me any feedback. I am a bad speller, so if you see anything, please let me know. Also if I have forgot to say somthing, please let me know.

I will also get in contact with the race organizer to see what the deal with the wait list is. I dont't know if you guys have checked out the 24hr race web site anytime soon, but if we don't make this race, they are having another one in late October. We could do that one for sure.

Thanks for your help.

To SOA:

This summer there will be race in the heart of California’s San Joaquin Valley. This race will test drivers, cars and crews for 24 hrs of endurance racing. This race will feature no cars worth more than $500. This is the “24 hours of Lemons” (http://24hoursoflemons.com/)

We are a team who is going to race in this event and we are going to battle with a 1998 Outback. This poor old wagon has almost 200.000 miles on the odo but it’s still running strong. We chose this car because we are all big Subaru fans and we think the Outback would be well suited for this race. It is a utilitarian car rather than speed demon. The Outback will not win any ¼ mile drag races, but we think it has a good shot at an endurance title.

Our Team thinks this is something that Subaru of America would like to be involved with and we would be honored to have SOA sponsor our team. The rules of the race state that you can only upgrade brakes, tires, and wheels and not have that apply to the $500 value of the car. Needless to say, we can’t upgrade the car too much, but we still need help with other things. We are looking to SOA for help with any parts that they can donate to our team. We could also use help with entry fees, race suits, hotel accommodations and other miscellaneous expenses associated with the race. With SOA on board we would be very competitive and more likely to win the race. We all know that Subaru has strong racing presence in the WRC and even has a hand in smaller / grass roots efforts like the California Rally Series. If do well in this race it could be great publicity for Subaru and its racing interests.

SOA would not be alone in their efforts sponsoring the team. We currently have Santa Monica Subaru, Yimi Motorsport, (Sticker Paradise??? Whoever is doing the stickers), Harman Motive and 3M on board right now. The addition of SOA would round out our sponsors very nicely.

We want to thank you for your time today and it would be great if SOA could help a bunch of Subaru nuts win a race.

Sincerely,

(all of our names and signatures)

:icon_twis Slide It Sideways :icon_twis

Paul- I am going to send and e-mail to Jay Lamm (head race guy) and BEG to be put at the top of the wait list. It would be cool if you took some pics of the Outback and I could show him that we are good to go with a car and everything.

Thanks for all your hard work BTW in prepping the car. If the car does survive the race, it can be the So Cal Leggy Club car for Rally X races!!!! SWEET!!!

• 4 weeks later...

BUMPDATE!!!!!!!!

Ok, I just got a call from a guy who's team is dropping out of the event. He said we can have his slot, I just have to get in contact with JayLamm, the race organizer to let him know that we are good to go.

I just want everyone to check in and say that they are willing to do this 100%. I will also be calling the drivers tomorrow just to make sure.

We have to be quick because the guy that called me said he also called a few other teams on the waiting list. So we have to be fast.

Garrett- Did you ever get a chance to revise the letter? Thanks.

Holy crap! Just saw the update. We can get the car ready in time. Haven't worked on it much since we didn't figure on racing till the fall race, but we can make it happen for July. Yim just got a new Tundra so towing the car up to the race won't be a problem either.

It's official !!!!!! We are in!!!!!

I just talked to Jay and we are good to go. He is mailing me a packet of insurance info and all sorts of crap. We should all try to get together soon seeing as the race is in one month.

It's official !!!!!! We are in!!!!!

I just talked to Jay and we are good to go. He is mailing me a packet of insurance info and all sorts of crap. We should all try to get together soon seeing as the race is in one month.

LGT Meet @ Yimi/Midnight meet No.53!!

BTW, I have two Sparco/Cosworth Race Suits sitting in my garage for you guys to use!!

~Sucka-Duck~

you guys should post this on the main forum and get paypal donations.

that is..... after you post pics.

do you guys have a paypal? maybe i'll send 10 bucks or something :)

car for sale. PM me!

Archived