LegacyGT.com

24 hr Beater Race

urfsin

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here is a great vid detailing the carnage and devastation that awaits us, courtesy of last year's winners: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMRtu5eh5NM

Thank you for that video. It was hilarious. I think you guys should try and put something like that together at the race this year to give those of us interested on the East coast a little recap. Good luck!

did u guys book hotels already?

I have booked enough hotel rooms for the drivers and 2 mechanics from Yimi Sport who will be supporting our team. Anyone else who would like to come is welcome to book their own accommodations.

damn....... that is a long drive....

and the best price i found was from that best western in livermore.... at 253 for 3 nites (fri,sat,sun) a two bed room.

hmmm i'm gonna ask my work to see if i can get a cheaper rate but i may consider going if i get roomies? heh

damn....... that is a long drive....

and the best price i found was from that best western in livermore.... at 253 for 3 nites (fri,sat,sun) a two bed room.

hmmm i'm gonna ask my work to see if i can get a cheaper rate but i may consider going if i get roomies? heh

I might be down to go Howard. Let me know if you can get a cheaper room. Plus I can help you out with gas too :)

:munch:

I booked rooms at the Best Western in Tracy. $65/night. We are only staying Friday night and Saturday night. We are leaving for home after the race. BTW, it's only a 4 hour drive or so. You guys saying it soooooo far away are a bunch of pansies!:lol:

I booked rooms at the Best Western in Tracy. $65/night. We are only staying Friday night and Saturday night. We are leaving for home after the race. BTW, it's only a 4 hour drive or so. You guys saying it soooooo far away are a bunch of pansies!:lol:

Hahhhaaaa No you forget that were behind the "Orange Curtain" It tacks on another Hour at least. :(

:munch:

Soooooooo....

I sent out the exact letter Dave had written on this thread as well as link to this whole thread to Subaru of America. I should be hearing from them soon. Hopefully we can get some cash and other goodies from them.

I could no longer wait for polished letter so... There it goes.

Hopefully we will hear from them soon.

Also, how about setting up a section to accept donations from the Subaru Fans for this awsome cause??? We can write their names or screen names on the car in return !!!!

Some input is appreciated...

Well, I guess the letter was good enough!! I hope they read it and give us some support. Any little bit will help. I was thinking of starting a "donation" thread to ask for a few bucks from our LGT brothers. They might be in the giving mood.

Also, we will have to pony up the money real soon. I was supposed to get some stuff in the mail for all that, but I have yet to get it. I will keep you guys updated.

:icon_twis Slide It Sideways :icon_twis

We should come up with a better team name. I need to let the race orgainzers asap if we do this. "Team Scooby" is too generic if you ask me. It was really just a place holder on the application anyway. All sudgetions are welcome.

One more thing. If anyone wants to help crew this thing this is your last chance to sign up. I need to submit a final list. Here is what I have so far.

Crew:

1. SleepinGT (IAN)

2. Knight705 (Howard)

3. Lookslikeanevo (Rigo) ???? -------> if so, PM me your info please.

The entry fee for the crew guys is $75. The race dates are July 7-8. I am sure we are going up in the 6th and getting back on the 9th. If you want to do this, add your name to the list and PM me all your contact info. Thanks.

We should come up with a better team name. I need to let the race orgainzers asap if we do this. "Team Scooby" is too generic if you ask me. It was really just a place holder on the application anyway. All sudgetions are welcome.

One more thing. If anyone wants to help crew this thing this is your last chance to sign up. I need to submit a final list. Here is what I have so far.

Crew:

1. SleepinGT (IAN)

2. Knight705 (Howard)

3. Lookslikeanevo (Rigo) ???? -------> if so, PM me your info please.

The entry fee for the crew guys is $75. The race dates are July 7-8. I am sure we are going up in the 6th and getting back on the 9th. If you want to do this, add your name to the list and PM me all your contact info. Thanks.

We are also bringing Yim's 2 mechanics, Eric and Andrew as our official pit crew. So make sure they are on the list. We really don't need that many crew members, but the more the merrier I guess! :lol:

BTW, I'm pretty sure I'm going to paint the roof black and put a white stripe down it. Add that to the loud and stinky exhaust and I vote that the team name be "Flatulent Skunks"!.... I am not kidding :lol:

We are also bringing Yim's 2 mechanics, Eric and Andrew as our official pit crew. So make sure they are on the list. We really don't need that many crew members, but the more the merrier I guess! :lol:

BTW, I'm pretty sure I'm going to paint the roof black and put a white stripe down it. Add that to the loud and stinky exhaust and I vote that the team name be "Flatulent Skunks"!.... I am not kidding :lol:

Paul, can you PM me the contact information for Eric and Andrew?? I like the idea of painting the car flat black, but I think we should do the whole car. We could go with a Pepe Le Peu (the cartoon skunk) theme!!!!

Alright, got a call from Dan Harman today and he is out as a driver. Harman Motive is moving to a new, larger location and his new AWD Mustang dyno is being delivered the day before the race. He needs to work the weekend getting it installed and running. So we are down to 5 drivers, which is fine.

I found another set of cheap wheels for the race car today and I'm picking them up tomorrow. $150 for a set of 06 WRX wheels. A little curbage, but who the hell cares!:) I've got my buddy at the local America's tire looking out for good used tires in suitable sizes, but if nothing turns up he has offered us any tire we want at his cost.

Yim and I did a little more work on the car today. I got a free used K&N cone filter from Harman Motive yesterday so we built a nice new cold air intake from some scrap piping Yim had at the shop. The filter sticks out of the car where the passenger side headlight used to be, so it will get plenty of cold air. We even plumbed in the PCV and valve cover breather lines! :lol: We did scrap the idle air control feed and just adjusted the throttle cable to give a stable idle. Hey, it's a race car. You don't need good cold start and a/c idle compensation (the a/c is gone from the car anyways).

I've got a couple installs scheduled for tomorrow, but since the intake is no longer using the funnel in the fog light opening, I'm going to fab up a couple ghetto brake cooling ducts. Should help us since the track is longer and higher speed than last year's layout.

I'm also hoping to put on the 05 LGT front and rear brakes that sleepin gt and SnoDork lent us as well as removing the hood to cut out as much weight from the underside as possible.

An auto electric shop in the same complex at Yimi has offered to remove the air bags as per the rules. I'll hit him up for some help in eliminating now non-functioning and unneeded wires and pull off the rest of the dash to save more weight. The cage should also be built by the end of the week.

That's were we are now. Still a good amount of work to be done, but the car is shaping up nicely.

damn, as much as i want to go, i cant...shit, i wish i would have found this earlier...

1) im moving to my final place in ontario

2) there no way work would let me take off that long...

3)Dammit i rreally wanna go

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

Archived