24 hr Beater Race

urfsin

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Update:

Looks like one of the race suits fit!!...:lol:

BASTARD!:mad: That secksieness was for your eyes only!!!:lol:

The smaller of the 2 suits (Matt's suit) fits me just about right. A little snug but nice. The bigger one is definitely big on me, so it should be about right for Dave.

Paul, Should I hit up Jaime and the rest of the crew?

BTW all means hit up Ali and Jaime. We don't need another driver as 5 will be just fine, but as I mentioned to you Jaime already expressed interest and if Ali wants to throw some bucks our way, I won't be one to argue.:p:lol:

Well, if you need another driver, I might be persuaded..

I live about an hour from Tracy. Not that I'm a great driver or anything - the only thing I've done is a few winter rallies..

HV

Update: Drivers need to fill out an AMP competition permit (race license for the track) at this link.

AMP Competition Permit

This need to be done ASAP. You need to print this out, complete it and mail it to:

Altamont Motorsports Park

Attn: AMP Competition Permits

17001 Midway Road, Tracy, CA 95376

This HAS to be done, the cost is $50.

We also need to get the race suit and helmet thing worked out. It looks like Paul has a suit that will fit him and it look like a suit will fit me. Thanks Merv :wub::wub::wub: !!!

According to the rules (http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/rules/) all drivers MUST wear a suit that is FIA or SFI approved. You also need a helmet that is Snell 95 or better.

Mark- I know you do track events, so you must have a helmet. I don't know if you have a suit or not.

Reza- I thought you said your cousin has hookups at some point, can he help you out in this area?

Last order of buisness for now :). Entry fee's. The cost for the team / car is $500. Drivers are $100 each and crew is $75 each. As it stands right now, we need $1150. I don't have enough $$$$ to front you guys the money, so I will need it before I send it off. Thanks.

:icon_twis Slide It Sideways :icon_twis

Sorry about the late notice guys, but I am not going to be able to join you guys for the race. I didn't realize that it was the weekend following the 4th of July, and several of my relatives from out of state are visiting us that weekend...

Just talked to my wife last night, and she will kill me if I am away at the race, so I better not upset her :redface:...

I don't want to hold up a spot for someone else who really wants to drive...

Hope all you guys have a blast!

I am going to kill you Mark! You were our ace in the hole! :( Where the hell else am I going to find a ringer driver like you :lol: It's all good man. We've still got 5 drivers (Paul Yim, Ian from HM, Reza, Dave and myself). Would have loved to have you with us, but it's all good. Better yet though, why don't you bring all the relatives out to track. That's some quality family time right there! :lol:

So now that Mark has dropped out, the starting cost for for the drivers will be $200 each. $100 for your share of the team entry ($500 total) and $100 for the drivers entry fee.

In prepping the car, Paul Yim and Paul Leung have spent some money and they are keeping a running total. This includes tires / wheels and other small mods. This will need to be devided 5 ways for the drivers when it is all said and done. Same goes for the gas cost on the racedays.

Overall, I would say it is safe to say that it will cost the drivers around $400-$500 each by the time we get home after the race. This includes entry fee's, gas, hotel, food and all the other crap that I can't remember.

If anyone has questions, please PM me. Thanks!!!!

I am going to kill you Mark! You were our ace in the hole! :( Where the hell else am I going to find a ringer driver like you :lol: It's all good man. We've still got 5 drivers (Paul Yim, Ian from HM, Reza, Dave and myself). Would have loved to have you with us, but it's all good. Better yet though, why don't you bring all the relatives out to track. That's some quality family time right there! :lol:

Better to die in your hands rather than my wifes :redface:... I have to see her every night :lol:...

Seriously though, I'd totally regret not being able to join you guys... especially with all the work that all of you put in. Good luck, have fun, and stay safe! :)

BUMP!!!!!!

Ian (SleepinGT) backed out as a driver and one slot is open!!!! James, I called you and left you a message. I will PM you right now.

Hadvw- If James is not going to do this, you are the man. I will also PM you right now.

Just replied to your PM, Dave..

Sorry, I hadn't kept track of all the little costs - they really add up. If it was $200-300, I might be able to join you guys. $600+ is a little steep, especially right now..

Mattias

Ok, here is the final breakdown.

Drivers:

Dave (urfsin)

Paul (Boostjunkie)

Paul Yim (owner of Yimi Motorsport)

Reza Laleh (RezaLaleh)

Crew:

Ian (SleepinGT)

Eric Sheidenberger from Yimi Motorsport

John Andrew Pastor from Yimi Motorspot

What this means is that the cost has shifted a bit. Drivers now owe $125 for the team fee and $100 for driver fee (this is the same) for a total of $225. Crew is still $75 per head.

I am writing a check today to the race organizers and mailing it off.

Ok, here is the final breakdown.

Drivers:

Dave (urfsin)

Paul (Boostjunkie)

Paul Yim (owner of Yimi Motorsport)

Reza Laleh (RezaLaleh)

Crew:

Ian (SleepinGT)

Eric Sheidenberger from Yimi Motorsport

John Andrew Pastor from Yimi Motorspot

What this means is that the cost has shifted a bit. Drivers now owe $125 for the team fee and $100 for driver fee (this is the same) for a total of $225. Crew is still $75 per head.

I am writing a check today to the race organizers and mailing it off.

Yim and I might have another driver for us. He's an experienced dirt track sprint car racer, making him about the only guy amongst us with wheel to wheel racing experience. I'll know tomorrow if he's in, but if so, he'll be a great addition to the team.

Bumpdate:

Paul- I talked to Paul Yim and Mike (the dirt track guy) is down to join us. Thanks sooooooo much for helping out and getting him to join the team. I just fired off a check to the 24 hour guys for $1225. So the team is officially set.

I will be out of town the next few days hiking in the high sierra mountains. If anyone has questions, please contact Paul (Boostjunkie). Thanks.

Update: The roll cage had been fabbed and welded up and only needs to be bolted in to the car. It looks great. Props to Eric from Yimi for doing a great job. Another nice little bonus is that our new driver Mike owns a custom paint shop. He does fabulous work and has a makeover in store for the car :)

I should be at the shop tomorrow to install the 05 LGT brakes and fab up the brake cooling ducts. We ended up making a real CAI with a used K&N filter I scrounged from the attic at Harman Motive so that frees up the fog light openings for ducts to cool the brakes. NOICE!

Archived