LegacyGT.com

24 hr Beater Race

urfsin

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I have talked to just about everybody, but I thought I would post this just in case. Tonight 8:00 pm at Santa Monica Subaru.

I will print up the driver application and give you guys a copy to fill out and mail in.

:icon_twis Slide It Sideways :icon_twis

Ok, I have talked to just about everybody, but I thought I would post this just in case. Tonight 8:00 pm at Santa Monica Subaru.

I will print up the driver application and give you guys a copy to fill out and mail in.

i'll see if i can make it tonight i may be here at work for a while.... and all the way at the 5/405 split...

It was nice to see the car today and meet everyone. At this point we just have to hear back from the race organizers that we are in and then we will move on to the next stage. I will let everyone know once that happens.

• 2 weeks later...

Bumpdate.

Unfortunately, I have not heard back from the race organizers yet. :(

I have started the 1st draft of the sponsorship letter to SOA, but I figure it’s not a big rush yet since we are still in limbo. I will either Post the 1st draft for everyone to see or I will PM y’all a copy.

Also, I talked to Merv (Snodork) and he said he can get us some racing suits from his friend. I figure we need 3 sizes. One extra Large for the “big boys” Paul Yim, Reza and Myself. One Large (Tall??) for Paul and Mark and one small for Dan. (ß--- might have his own??)

On a side note, I am going to be joining CRS / Formula Rally X and participating in some Rally X events this year. I wanted to get some seat time before the Beater race and I want to see how the OBXT does against the WRX / STI / EVO crowd. I know they will eat my lunch on a street track, but on the dirt I think I have a good chance. :icon_mrgr

I hope to have good news regarding the race soon.

Dave

Bumpdate.

Unfortunately, I have not heard back from the race organizers yet. :(

I have started the 1st draft of the sponsorship letter to SOA, but I figure it’s not a big rush yet since we are still in limbo. I will either Post the 1st draft for everyone to see or I will PM y’all a copy.

Also, I talked to Merv (Snodork) and he said he can get us some racing suits from his friend. I figure we need 3 sizes. One extra Large for the “big boys” Paul Yim, Reza and Myself. One Large (Tall??) for Paul and Mark and one small for Dan. (ß--- might have his own??)

On a side note, I am going to be joining CRS / Formula Rally X and participating in some Rally X events this year. I wanted to get some seat time before the Beater race and I want to see how the OBXT does against the WRX / STI / EVO crowd. I know they will eat my lunch on a street track, but on the dirt I think I have a good chance. :icon_mrgr

I hope to have good news regarding the race soon.

Dave

Hey Dave, have you tried calling the organizers in case our printed and mailed application never got to them? They have phone and fax numbers as well as an email address listed at:http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/id4.html

Bumpdate v2.0

I just talked to Jay Lamm on the phone (the race organizer). He told me the selections will be made 1st weekend of March. He also told me there are A LOT of entries this year. He said it’s a 5:1 ratio right now for teams to open slots. :( He also said there is a fair amount of "boring" entries. I would like to think that our concept is good enough and not boring, but you never know. We could always re-submit to him a more polished idea of our team concept. On the entry form I gave him a basic rundown of the team concept, but I think we can increase our chances if we e-mail him some more info on us and our concept. If we don't get into the race, he said they are hosting some other races that are similar to this one.

• 2 weeks later...

Bumpdate v3.0

Ok, I just got an e-mail from Jack Lamm, the race head hancho. Here it is:

Hi, All:

Good news and bad news: The good news is, you didn't get turned down

for the 24 Hours of LeMons at Altamont, 7-8 July '07. The bad news is

you didn't quite get accepted, either. Your entry is one of 12 that

I've put on the Wait List pending cancellations or other lame-outs.

To be honest, I haven't a clue how many of the 90 accepted entries

will flake out by 1 April (at which point they need to be paid up or

bugger off). I suspect it'll be quite a few, but that's just a guess.

If you'd like to be kept on the List, you don't have to do anything

else; you're on it, and I'll drop you a line if and when anything

changes. If you want to be removed from it before then, just let me

know.

We got a truckload of excellent entries this year, and I'm really

sorry we couldn't take everyone. To try to accommodate all the teams

that we didn't have space for this time, I've booked tracks for two

more 24 Hours of LeMons events later this year: one in Detroit (29-30

September) and a season-finale back at Altamont (20-21 October). Of

course you'll get special consideration if you want to roll your

current entry over to either of those later events.

Thanks much for the application; again, I'm sorry you didn't get onto

the grid first time out, I hope you still make it, and if not I

really hope you keep trying. You got awfully darn close this time

All the best--J

Jay Lamm

24 HOURS OF LEMONS

5675 Horton Street, Suite C

Emeryville CA 94608

That's cool. Hopefully we get in, and with 90 entries someone is bound to flake. I say we get the car up to Yimi (and Paul Yim is cool with that since he is sitting right next to me) and prep it. Even if we don't get in for the July race we should definitely be good to go for October.

Archived