LegacyGT.com

24 hr Beater Race

urfsin

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DO I HAVE TO BE A RACEDRIVER?This is a track event on a paved semi-oval. Drivers will include non-racers, amateur racers, and pros. In this event, experience matters less than consitency, smoothness, and good judgement. You'll need a valid competition license to drive, though. AMP honors track licenses from NASCAR, SCCA, NASA, CSRG, VARA, SVRA, HSR, and HMSA. If you don't have one of these, a valid NASCAR license can be bought from AMP on-site. They cost $90 each.
well found the way around that..... guess that means everyone needs to pay 90 more bucks to drive

Let's do eeeeet! Hook up a car Reza. Any "safety" equipment doesn't count in the price. Brakes, wheels/tire, roll cage and such are not part of the price limitations, sponsored or not. Performance mods really aren't needed, as it's more of a war of attrition than speed. As long as you are running at the end you have a pretty decent chance at winning. I'm in to crew/wrench and drive. Who else? I'm dead serious.

Paul, I knew you would be down for this. I really think that we could pull it off. I am also down to crew/wrench and drive. I almost think the whole team would have to pitch in on all aspects. My vote would be to drive an old subie, since we are a bunch of subie freaks after all. :lol: :lol:

Impreza or Legacy, I don't think it matters much. But if we want to be true to our site, I would say a Lagacy of some form. (Outback anyone??)

As for needing a licence, I would be happy to pay $90 for the NASCAR one.

So who is really serious about this? I know that I am. Reza, you are in right? Paul you are good to go for sure. Who else?

:icon_twis Slide It Sideways :icon_twis

$500 (car fee)

$100 (driver fee)

$90 (license fee)

$75 (do everywhere but drive fee)

?? (helmet/fire-race suit)

this is sounding expensive

No one said racing is cheap!!! But this is probably about as cheap as it gets.

What is going on guys?

R we doing this?

I already have a car lined up. I need you to check it out and approve of it so we can move on.....

1998 Subaru Legacy OutBack

Color White

AWD

Automatic

198K miles

Engine runs very good.

Might need axeles

Let me know, Dealership wants to get rid of it and I am holding them up.....

F' it I'm in. Let's do it Reza. If we can get the car for free then the rest of us and figure out how to finance the cage and the rest of the stuff we will need.

Done.... Santa Monica Subaru will donate the car as long as we put the name/logo on the body of the car.

Let's figure out how much the whole thing will cost on building and upgrading as well as entrance fee and other fees, then will see who is going to be in and how much they will need to bring to the table. This will seperate the do ers from wanna do ers and will move on.

Let's do it.....

I'll see what I can do on my end for some hookups on the cage. Won't be free, but I'll see if we can get it for a deal. Beyond that, all we need is a 4 or 5 pt harness. Obviously finding a team member with a truck for use as a tow vehicle will be nice. Like you said, we need to figure out who is actually in and willing to help foot the bill and who is just blowing smoke. I'm fine with dropping $1K on this whole deal. If we have a couple more people willing to drop a similar amount we'll be fine.

Yimi Sport Tuning in Santa Clarita is going to sponsor the roll cage and installation so that part is taken care of too. So all the most expensive bits are taken care of. At this point all we really need is a cheap set of 16" or 17" rims and tires. Figure we can cut the springs a bit to lower the OB a touch and make it a bit stiffer. A set of race pads on some new or lightly used rotors and that should take care of the brakes. Yimi will also take care of chopping of the cat and welding in a test pipe as well as chopping the muffler and welding on a turndown or muffler bypass pipe. I'll be loud and obnoxious, but that's the whole point right? :icon_wink As far as mods, the only items that are unlimited are safety equipement, brakes and wheels/tires. I could care less about power mods other than the ghetto exhuast and I would like to respect the spirit of the race and not "cheat" with a bunch of mods.

What we really need is someone with a truck that we can use as a tow vehicle, since we won't want to drive the car up there without any window glass unless the driver wants to be picking bugs out of his teeth. Yimi has got a hook up for a trailer, so that part is cool.

For the potential drivers, you should now be looking at roughly $500 to participate. That will cover the split cost of the car's entry fee as well as your driver's fee and other incidentals such as lodging, food and fuel.

Reza, can the boys in the service department look the car over and make sure it is sound?

Howard, is this something you can swing financially? If not we understand... We could use your support anyway. Go get us some coffee

Just kidding :lol:

hahah... my coffee is known to cause loose bowel movements.... :lol: not sure if that is safe to drink in a driving situation.....

depending on how much i can save up, rite now, i know i can swing $400 for the whole car fee, fuel, etc. since i still need to buy my own helmet, race suit, gloves, shoes. so if any1 got a hookup for that stuff... btw, i can get discounts for the hotels from my work.

Holy crap guys!!! I just got home from work and I saw all this new info. This is DOPE!!! It is coming together super fast, and Yes, I am in for sure.

Paul, I kinda figured that it would probably cost us each at leas $500 each by the time it is all said and done. With the car being donated and this other stuff, that should help big time. But we still have to go up there, get a hotel, and enter the race and all that crap.

Reza, I went on the race web site and it said we will need to have some kind of "Bill of Sale" to show the car was bought / worth $500. I figure that should be no problem.

I was thinking that we should have 5 drivers to share the time. It would be cool if a few people were also part of the team on a "crew" basis.

Merv, come join the dark side. I can feel it in you.....

btw, what would the crew even need to do besides refuel the car? i mean are we going to have spare sets of rims with tires? cause that would raise the cost even more, but could give us a better chance of winning when having fresh tires every driver change? i'm guessing we should go junkyard hunting and get maybe spare sets of steelies for the outback if we do decide to get extra sets of wheels/tires.

^^^very good idea on the spare parts. We will need them.

Not sure what crew would really do. All ther dirvers would double as crew. I guess it is always good to have extra hands and it might be fun for some people to be part of the deal.

BTW, are you in? You sound very interested.

We can use my STI BBS's with the RE070's if we need...and i got spares also!!

I'll ping my boy @ Cosworth and see what we can swing for gear...i'll put the feelers out the feelers and see what i can find!!

OUT

~Sucka-Duck~

are u sure u want to put up ur personal rims? cause the car can be subject to be destroyed halfway thru the race in a blind vote. so whatever rims are on there will be killed, unless they allow u to take them off beforehand.... i wouldn't suggest putting up rims. steelies would be a better bet.

Archived