LegacyGT.com

Legacy STI? Definite maybe.

Paradiso

Nobody is going to buy a Subaru that costs close to or around $40,000. I know people that think Suzuki and Subaru are the same brand. There's absolutely no recognition out there from non-Subaru owners. Maybe gearheads but not the other 98% of the driving public. Also, AWD is a hard sell where there's no winter, just a waste of gas for most people. They need to attract non-Subaru owners at least to their normal line up before they can cater to the diehards.

That being said, I will be the first one to hunt between the sofa coushins for change if this beast ever makes it to the states.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Legacy STI should be a limited run car if it is close to 40k & has the options that have been discussed here.

Say 2500 units to start off 1,500 sedans.......1,000 wagons

Make it a true limited model

I'll put my name on a waiting list for one

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

The Legacy STI should be a limited run car if it is close to 40k & has the options that have been discussed here.

:whore: Wukidada, did you tell SOA already about it? Click on my sig.

Been debating this same thread over on Nabisco......

we are def. in the minority here. Most Scooby owners think it's a waste & will not sell if the price is any more than a STI:rolleyes:

Cant handle more than a hour a week on that site......

WRX and Legacies IMHO are like comparing apples and oranges. A small part of me will always want a WRX Sti, but my current lifestyle requires something w/a more sophisticated edge to it. The Leg for the most part fits the bill, however the LSTi would be an absolute no brainer!

1000 wagons would be a lot, I thought numbers for Manual LGT wagons were 500 or less (one of the threads here quoted sales of ~30/mo).

For 40K I think it'd sell. Faster, Cheaper, and more reliable then the other sport wagon alternatives!

Article in Autoweek: http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061107/FREE/61106008/1065

“Everybody tells us about how they want it [a Legacy STI],” said Ishitobi. “It is on our wish list.”

Saw a similar article on Left Lane News:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/11/07/subaru-to-expand-sti-range/

Subaru is considering building STI versions of more vehicles in its model lineup, according to Tomohiro Ishitobi, Subaru vice president of product planning. In an interview with AutoWeek, Ishitobi said "We are discussing it internally" and "We feel the market is ready."

At the SEMA car customization expo, Subaru unveiled the Forester Sports 2.5 XT concept, which could eventually lead to a production STI-spec Forester. The automaker is also believed to be considering offering a STI edition Legacy in various markets. Currently, and STI package is available for the Legacy in Japan only, but it is limited production and quite pricey. Ishitobi said enthusiasts often express an interested in a Legacy STI. He said it's on the company's "wish list."

"We feel the market is ready." - It's about time. We've felt the market is ready for quite some time now. :icon_bigg

Where do people keep getting this $50k price for the 335 wagon? I think that is way to high. If they brought it here it would be in-line with the coupe price maybe a bit more.

http://jon.bimmerfest.com/bulletins/e92complete.pdf

SOA would need to offer something substantial to overcome the bmw performance models and image (objective value) in this price range.

Where do people keep getting this $50k price for the 335 wagon? I think that is way to high. If they brought it here it would be in-line with the coupe price maybe a bit more.

http://jon.bimmerfest.com/bulletins/e92complete.pdf

SOA would need to offer something substantial to overcome the bmw performance models and image (objective value) in this price range.

Dude, have you been to a BMW dealership? Sure, they may have options, but most of the 335s on the lot are going for 43-47k.

Throw the "standard" options on the 335i coupe, and yer easily pushing $50K, so I don't see the wagon (if it were available) for less than that.

Right. Add the options anyone would want and a 328xi wagon breaks 40k very quickly. Plus, BMW has clearly stated that the 335 wagon is not coming to the US.

News Flash, Subaru may bring back the MT, LegGT wagon next year. Sure that will be an industry cover story. Let's all beg Subaru for a sport wagon.:(

Where is this rumor coming from? Any one that has corresponded with SoA has been told in no uncertian terms that a manual option is not in the cards for the Legacy wagon any time soon since they do not sell.

Where is this rumor coming from? Any one that has corresponded with SoA has been told in no uncertian terms that a manual option is not in the cards for the Legacy wagon any time soon since they do not sell.

Well, it would make sense if it coresponded with the 08 refresh.

When the 05 launched you could get it in any interior/exterior/tranny combo you wanted. Then based on sales they cut options year by year. This is normal SOA operating procedure it would seem.

So, the 08s come out and you get more choice. We'll see.

I wonder how many they will produce though. Are there many people that will pay probably around 38k or so for this?

It seems a little odd that they'll bring the Legacy STi in '09, then do a complete redesign in '10. I'm not sure if I would want to buy an '09 and have it be old news the following year. Then again, that would guarantee uniqueness.

I actually don't think it's that odd. It's probably not meant to be like the wrx sti and a normal production. I think it'll be very scarce, so it won't be a big deal for it to be done for a yr before the new redesign. And similar stuff has been done at other brands, I'm really starting to think there may be a surprise at this yr's NA show though, it just seems like it's prime right now. But with all this said, I think the higher price point will ease my jealousness a bit if I get an '07 Legacy. They'll be unique as hell though, the more I think about it, I'm getting jealous, damn. Haha.

It would be ideal if they kept it close in price. Get rid of leather for some sport cloth seats, make Nav an option, which will save $2k right there. No idea how much extra all the STi suspension bits would be, but it would certainly be cheaper than buying them all after the fact.

We can hope...

Here's my prediction ...

With Subaru upping the content on the '07 SpecB over the '06 SPecB but keeping the price the same, I think they'll do the same in a year or 2 by upping the engine performance to differentiate it more from the regular LegGt and call it either an STI or a "Tuned By STI" version ... except in this case the price may go up a bit.

I don't think it'll go past the Impreza STI price but it won't go past the performance #'s as well, so there's the justification for keeping the price reasonable.

I'm gonna guess it'll have less than the 293hp the current Impreza STI has OR higher if the Impreza gets a bump itself.

Of course I could be completely out-to-lunch ?? ;-)

Archived