LegacyGT.com

Legacy STI? Definite maybe.

Paradiso

Just to throw fuel on the fire

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/forums/showthread.php?p=123693#post123693

He's right about the engine... i wonder about the other

I'm waiting to see what engine they offer in the Legacy STI. I kinda doubt it would be the same as the Spec B or there wouldn't be much to differentiate the two. Either that or the Spec B will go away, with the LSTI replacing it.

I still think they could sell both, if the focus the Spec B on luxo features (sunroof, NAV, everything power), and focus the STI on pure performance.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SOA......if you decide to bring the LegacySTi to the market you shouldn't include NAV but make it optional and include a interchangable head unit such like the ImprezaSTi offers....because many people not even enthusiasts will appreciate not being stuck with a stock head unit such as in the LGT.

I'm a car stereo nut and I was perfectly happy with the solution I worked out to incorporate the integrated system. Sure, choice would be nice, but it's so far down on my list of requirements for a car as to be insignificant.

The Legacy STI will happen. Maybe not as soon as everyone would like, but it will happen. Look at the popularity of the WRX STI. A Legacy STI wouldn't hit the market like the WRX but it would still be profitable for Subaru IMHO.

I can also tell you that the second this happens, I am trading mine in for one.

SOA, if you're listening...

If a "Legacy STi" is made available in the US with:

* performance differences from the LGT Ltd. similar to the differences between a WRX and a WRX STi (25% more power/torque, improved handling)

* sticker of $37K or less

...I'll be at the dealer with a deposit.

* performance differences from the LGT Ltd. similar to the differences between a WRX and a WRX STi (25% more power/torque, improved handling)

Me 3!

new flash!!

Legacy STI will have:

350 hp twin scroll turbo

18 inch lightweight rims

recaro seats

6 speed DSG type transmission

optional head unit

well...that's MY wishlist as to how they'd bring it. haha.

Yeah, that's what we're ALL wishing for. Santa, can we have it?

new flash!!

Legacy STI will have:

350 hp twin scroll turbo

18 inch lightweight rims

recaro seats

6 speed DSG type transmission

optional head unit

No way they are going to put 350 horses in it, but man that would be nice.

well...that's MY wishlist as to how they'd bring it. haha.

Thats a good point. I guess we'll see what they do in the next couple years. The BMW 335i is nice, but BMW needs an AWD M series. Then I would consider buying a bimmer again.

That will only happen if they can use AWD in GT class racing.

I really don't think they should make an AWD M car. It numbs the steering, adds a huge weight penalty, and dramatically increases drivetrain loss. If you need awd for snow, get a Subaru....or snow tires...or both.

That will only happen if they can use AWD in GT class racing.

I really don't think they should make an AWD M car. It numbs the steering, adds a huge weight penalty, and dramatically increases drivetrain loss. If you need awd for snow, get a Subaru....or snow tires...or both.

Oh, I didn't mean to make it sound like I wanted to get rid of my legacy. I am more than likely going to stick with Subaru for a number of years until I can afford another car in a completely different class. (i.e., Porsche, Lambo AWD, etc)

I have owned 3 Honda's, 1 Chevrolet, 1 BMW, and now 1 Subaru. I am not going back to front wheel drive or rear wheel drive.

Are you really going to drive a Lambo in the snow? If not...why so intent on AWD?

I just prefer AWD to RWD or FRD. After driving all three, there is no comparison when it comes to handling. Front wheel drive is worthless no matter how you look at it (except for in the snow, its better than RWD). Unless you are racing RWD is useless without know how to drift or oversteer. I am no professional, so sticking with AWD is a wise choice for me.

Makes sense now....AWD is great for saving peoples butts. I've seen several people go from AWD to RWD and end up wrecking their cars because they were used to getting away with poor driving with the grip AWD provides. The most recent was at Sears Point where a dude totalled his 2 week old GT3. He was coming from a 996TT. He probably wouldn't have crashed the TT.

I guess I prefer the feel of RWD, the weight advantage, and the lower power loss, better relative fuel economy, etc. I also like to feel like I have something to do with going fast. That said, I do love my wagonia even though its AWD.

Makes sense now....AWD is great for saving peoples butts. I've seen several people go from AWD to RWD and end up wrecking their cars because they were used to getting away with poor driving with the grip AWD provides. The most recent was at Sears Point where a dude totalled his 2 week old GT3. He was coming from a 996TT. He probably wouldn't have crashed the TT.

I guess I prefer the feel of RWD, the weight advantage, and the lower power loss, better relative fuel economy, etc. I also like to feel like I have something to do with going fast. That said, I do love my wagonia even though its AWD.

I guess the reality is that it takes more "skill" to drive RWD. I really want to learn how to drive on a track though.

definately DO NOT TRY TO OVERPRICE THIS VEHICLE WHEN YOU BRING IT HERE SOA!!! AND IT WILL SELL OUT.

My proclivities with a Legacy STI are well known, and oft lamented tales of LegacyGT.com forum lore...

But even if they don't....

I wonder what it would take to get someone to put a turbocharged (or supercharged) 3.6 liter and STI 6-speed with DCCD and Legacy (07 Spec B) gearing, Brembos, 5x114 BBS forged wide wheels, and fender flares onto a Legacy sedan.

With twin turbochargers... this car would have simultaneously a LOT of stats, yet nothing actually in common with the porsche 996 Turbo. Variable vane turbos would be even better, like the 997 Turbo.

flat 6. check. (3.6 liters for both the 996 and theoretical Legacy... 997 has 3.8, IIRC)

Twin Turbos. Check.

6-speed manual transmission. Check.

Variable torque distribution AWD. Check. Subaru DCCD is even manually controllable.

one could even install tein's electronic strut controls and coilovers... it isn't quite PASM, but probably better and more adaptable than current Legacy's suspension settings.

The only things you wouldn't get would be the organic 911 shape, and the reversed drivetrain layout, and porsche accoutrements, but also probably less expensive than even a used 996 Turbo.

With porsche's favor of silver cars with red interiors, (classic 356/550/and others are often shown as such, as well as the 944 Turbo S Silver Rose edition) this would be an interesting adaptation to a 2006 Spec B, or a corresponding future Legacy model with the same paint scheme. Maybe even the Gialla front bumper cover that looks markedly like the porsche three-intake apron.

Imagine Mike "CreoSTi''s car with somewhat-porsche-like wheels, and said drivetrain options. I'd buy or build that. It might even be more fun than Porsche's upcoming Panamera sedan, and possibly less expensive.

A car like that, I would debadge completely except to leave the STI logo, fill in the holes from the rear oval badge, and put the Porsche's turbo script in place, with that much in common.

Archived