LegacyGT.com

Legacy STI? Definite maybe.

Paradiso

Hey there is my car.....

even has the rail deletes

Ready to buy;)

Looks like you have to move to Japan or to Australia to own one. I like Subarus and I would like to keep buying them, but not that much to move there. :lol:

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if we could build a Thread big enough, and show Subaru just how much interest there would be in a Legacy STi in North America! :)

Subaru, if you read this, you put out a true STi Legacy (as aforementioned w/ all the details), and I'd buy it! :icon_mrgr

http://images2.carview.co.jp/news/car/images/img4_20060808_153728_1_l.jpg

AH man, I want THAT front grill! :icon_mrgr Are those available from Japanparts or anywhere else? Would that fit (w/o modification needed) on my 07 LGT sedan? There's so many grills in that style I don't know the exact name of the one pictured!

Thanks for the offer, I am not ready for modding yet :lol: :lol: Waiting til Spring, if anything.

What is that grill anyway? Is it simply the JDM Legacy Grill for 2007? How much does it usually go for (japanparts.com I am assuming only has it?) And does it fit with USDM bumpers or do you need a special bumper?

Thanks for the offer, I am not ready for modding yet :lol: :lol: Waiting til Spring, if anything.

What is that grill anyway? Is it simply the JDM Legacy Grill for 2007? How much does it usually go for (japanparts.com I am assuming only has it?) And does it fit with USDM bumpers or do you need a special bumper?

Here's the link to Legacy Subaru JDM Body parts parts on our Site:

http://www.japanparts.com/db/partslist.php?dealer=1&car=6&middlesmall=2%3A11&maker=5&volkey=

Haven't added all the STi Legacy goodies YET ( but we're working on it! )

10% Discount on everything on our Site until November 30th '06

PM me for a quote

Graham Ware

Export Manager

*Since 1996*

As an update, I feel it is relevant to say that on the latest attack of the show, there was a feed car announcement saying that Subaru may be planning to bring the Forester and Leggy STi versions to the US due to WRX support and tuning.

WRB, full STI horsepower or better, 6MT without mandatory NAV, and 5x114.3 hubs with Brembo brakes, bilsteins, pink springs, and 20mm+ rear sway bars, folding rear seats, aux in, factory HIDS, and all the STI accoutrements. Preferably a more agressive front bumper cover, with the larger grille opening.

I will think about trading my car for one once they are out, and ready to go, or maybe out for a year or so, to get a deal.

Otherwise, IBkeepingmyredcarandcontinuingtomodit.

Absolutely. I'd trade up on the spot. It would sort of be like when I traded my '99.5 GTI VR6 for an R32. The R32 had most of what I wanted to do with my GTI, including AWD, which was impossible to do on the FWD GTI.

I see the transition from the LGT to the Legacy STi as equivalent to my VW experience.

I kinda like the Nav, but I could live without it in order to make room for more performance.

Think most of us are in agreement with what has to be done here.

Rear wiper is a good thing to add. Keep those crosshairs clear. (defroster grid)

HIDS, I say optional on most Legacys, standard on STI. WRX STI has them standard, as well. If you really don't like them, and this actually does come to pass... I am sure some bartering here on the forum, for HID to Halogen and vice versa swapping can be arranged. :D

Twin Scroll... Good Call. I would love to go with a twin scroll setup... But I left that out, because I don't know the emissions testing ramifications of that turbo on US soil, at the least it would probably be ~30 million in re-certifying the Legacy with a new engine configuration. I'd be satisfied with the STI's VF39, or whatever turbo it has, and a bigger intercooler to mate it to the Legacy's intake manifold, and a more agressive tune, closer to the 300hp mark.

UNLESS they WANT to give us a new engine. A turbocharged H6 would not be unwelcomed :D

6MT availabilty should be a given, (Spec B gear ratios) and I would like to see a more rear-torque bias like the newest STIs, and DCCD programmed for road performance would be nice. Full RWD locked in on command for tarmac performance, 50/50 on command for inclement conditions, or automatic torque distribution with a 65-70% rear bias baseline for everyday AWD traction... with a Torsen rear LSD... NICE.

Sub in a VTD 5EAT with shift paddles, and SI-Drive integrated shift points for those who really don't want to deal with a clutch... No need to leave them out in the cold. This isn't a rally car, and some people will want autos in a nice sedan...

Choice of body style and color is mandatory. And with STI, WRB MUST be on the menu. If they want to keep the black/blue interior, at least give a black only option, like the WRX STI Limited. STI badged steering wheel, gauges, red stitching, the whole works... JDM-like Black-tone center console would be a nice touch. A black headliner, like JDM STI-tuned and Blitzen models might be nice, too. Recaro S4-like seats with full airbags and heat (maybe even cooling) would be very welcome, as well.

Colors should at the LEAST, include World Rally Blue, Black, some sort of silver light or dark, white. Maybe Regal Blue, and I would love to see a red offered again, even WRX STI and Blitzen's Solid Red, or Impreza's San Remo red.

Personally, I would keep the moonroof, but I can see where people would suggest not having it for weight and rigidity. Personally, I love the moonroof in my car, aside from the two-stage close. nice to open it in good weather, nice to vent it when parked outside. Plus it helps lighten the sleek black interior when the shade is open. I like it, anyway...

Plus, this would be the ultimate way to get manual transmissions back into the wagon bodystyle... Although I still think even the mainline GT wagon should have a 5MT option.

I hope it gets a better 5x114.3 bolt pattern to fit a wider selection of wheels. I would also suggest Outback-style fender flares as a factory "widebody" without the Outback's ride height, and also in order to fit wider 8-in wide (BBS) wheels with slightly less offset, and wider, MUCH better tires. RE070s or 050s, or something. Brembo brakes of course. Black or Gold. maybe even silver, whatever.

Black rimmed tail lights and headlights... something to set it a bit further apart, visually.

Even if this car had to sell for ~$38k or more, with this kind of hardware, I would either try to stretch for it, or more likely watch like a HAWK for a used one, like I did with my GRP Legacy. I know used doesn't help subaru, but I think a car so configured to be an out-of-the-park home run would generate a lot of sales, once people realized what they would be getting.

What other car, short of hugely expensive german cars, like the 997 Turbo or an RS4/6 would have these kind of credentials?

Been debating this same thread over on Nabisco......

we are def. in the minority here. Most Scooby owners think it's a waste & will not sell if the price is any more than a STI:rolleyes:

Cant handle more than a hour a week on that site......

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

we are def. in the minority here. Most Scooby owners think it's a waste & will not sell if the price is any more than a STI:rolleyes:

+1 I never post over there , just poke around

Denial is your best friend

If they made a coupe (or better yet a convertible!!! - retractable hard top - yeehaa) that would be amazing. Otherwise, do it in a wagon and I'll pre order right now at full sticker!

6th gear needs to be a real overdrive (75 mph at no more than 2500 rpm)

Subaru has lost the momentum and interest of new customers captured with the introduction of the LegGT sedan and wagon. Subaru chopped the the LegGT wagon MT and put out a NO news Spec B sedan (yawn). A 250HP/turbo 4 is no longer a leader. AWD is no longer the unique differentiator that held a grip on AWD devotees. Subaru has put themselves back into the comfy shoes, LL Bean box and big wing Impreza market.

Given the new Infinity G 306HP, AWD machines and a number of other new cars and small sport SUVs, Subaru will not break out of its old LL Bean box without something more than they appear ready to offer.

News Flash, Subaru may bring back the MT, LegGT wagon next year. Sure that will be an industry cover story. Let's all beg Subaru for a sport wagon.:(

the avg. age over there is probably at least 5-10 years younger than here, and they probably don't realize that most people over the age of 21 want somewhat more civilized, practical & attractive cars than the WRX STI.

But, that doesn't mean we want to give up power and performance. Plus, usually people older than their 20s can afford more, if the product is worth the price.

Archived