LegacyGT.com

Best Steak you have ever had **Resturant**

wukindada

GTTuner ... If this is what I'm thinking of, there are a number of places like this around and they're gaining popularity. The style of dinner is called Ridizio (I'm not sure of the spelling) and most places that do this have an indicator to tell them to keep it coming, if you're on a break, or if you're done! Always fun and usually very good food!

Yup, the red and green disks and all. I think the place has a great atmosphere to go with a large group and just chow till you can't move.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yup, the red and green disks and all. I think the place has a great atmosphere to go with a large group and just chow till you can't move.

We did that for work a couple years ago and the next day we all had what was best described as a meat-hangover. :lol:

We've since learned that to maximize the experience, you have to be a marathon runner - set a pace. You don't want to sprint into it and short yourself ... just slowly move along and keep the gauchos coming at your own pace. :D

It's known as Rodizio. There are a few good spots on Ferry Avenue in Newark New Jersey near McCarter Highway, up by the train station. It's on the fringe of the Ironbound Section, so you don't need body armor and an AR15 to get there.

Hmm, I think I made my favorite so far, all though I had some good steaks out in Hawaii at some restaurants I don't remember the names of. But just this week I made my own Beef Wellington's again, I love cooking them. so moist, nothing better. Served with Garlic Mashed Potato's and Stuffing (it's also what I put in the beef wellington (it's my own style)

At the Ebony restaurant at the Ivory Tower hotel in Bangalore, India.

On the rare side of medium-rare of course.

Who would have thought that they would have good steaks in India? :lol:

http://hotels.samsantravels.com/places/bangalore/hotel_ivory_tower.htm

-- Steve

Are you sure it was beef?

I know whenever we had steaks in India it was water buffalo.

Nick & Stef's in downtown LA or Taylor's on 8th St in LA. Or, believe it or not, the Cheesecake Factory makes a mean filet mignon.

For driggity, have you been to the steakhouse at the Luxor in Vegas?

...now I'm hungry for a steak for dinner...

Reminds me of that Simspon's Ep where Homer goes to eat steak and they kill the cows there, and he ends up killing a lot but not eat any (....i think my memory isn't 100% right though)
It was Mr. Burns that kills them all.

Great episode with RED BARCLAY the Truck driver that dies from esting too much steak.:lol:

Denial is your best friend

OK, so where can you guys suggest that I go for a good steak here in So. Cal. Or even better Orange County??

I don't know OC at all, but in LA I like Taylor's.

Taylor's Prime Steaks

3361 W 8th St

Los Angeles, CA 90005

It's an old-fashioned steak house...waiters in white coats and all.

Best steak from a chain was "Angelo Maxis" terriaki filet mignon brought out in a skillet with mushrooms. I miss the restauraunt as it went away in VA.

I do not like Ruth Chris steak at all. I agree that they drown it with butter giving it a bit of a chared flavour that makes you go to the sh1t house within 5 minutes.

Medium Rare is my choice. Meat is not wasted on those that order their steak well done because the cooks pick the worst cuts of steak with plenty of fat.

I can also say that all of my friends and family has told me that they loved my steak more than anywhere else. I do not cook expensive meat. I usually buy $2/lb sirloin and marinade it in terriaki or olive oil with salt/pepper and a couple other spices for a day or two. Slow cook the meat till pink in the middle and char both sides for just a few seconds.

Bone's in Atlanta has great steaks. Proabably my fav place.

http://www.bonesrestaurant.com/reviews/

In Cincy, I really like any Jeff Ruby place. You have to try it if you are ever in town.

http://jeffruby.com/index.php?affiliate_uid=rubys

The NY/KC is my standard I use to measure a great place and like it medium to medium plus.

Next time I am in NYC I have to try that Craftsteak place...this thread is making my mouth water...

Believe it or not (I didnt until I tried it), steak can taste different between grass fed and corn fed.

Uh, yup.

My cube mate from work and I raise and slaughter a cow every year. It is grass fed on his property, then we fatten it up for a couple of weeks with grain just before we turn it into "beef". I end up with a freezer full of beef that is awesome.

You can definitely tell what the cow was eating by the taste of the meat.

He also does chickens too. Believe it or not the eggs taste different than store bought. The chickens get to eat all the bugs and creepy crawlies in the pens. Makes the best damn omellets I've ever had.

-Zin

06 LGT LTD GRP 5MT

07 FXT LTD OBP 4EAT

Archived