LegacyGT.com

Best Steak you have ever had **Resturant**

wukindada

For driggity, have you been to the steakhouse at the Luxor in Vegas?

Nope. There are tons of steakhouses in Vegas that I need to go to. The problem is when I go with one group of friends we always end up at Del Frisco's and when I go with a different group we pretty much never eat at real restaurants.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Best steak I ever had was cooked right after I got home from the slaughter house with an ice chest full of steaks.

isn't meat suppose to "hang" for a day or so to drain/age before cutting? bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Best steaks I've ever had were at Hollywood Prime in Hollywood, Florida.

They serve only 21-day, Dry aged beef...amazing!

It comes in from the purveyor looking green and nasty, but the natural, controlled breakdown of the meat ends up as the best steak evAr!

They actually lose about 40% of the meat when trimming, but it's literally fork-tender.

And for those who like filet aka tenderloin, you should try a dry aged ribeye...just as tender, but much more flavorful.

And hey, an 18 oz ribeye there is only about $50!

As far as the chains, I think The Palm is the best...great steaks, great wine list, great service. Much more enjoyable experience than Morton's.

(Yeah, I used to be a chef and I oversee 12 restaurants now, so I'm kind of a snob about food and service...)

Goin' to Carolina in my mind...and in my car on the 16th!

Filet Mignon, rare, Texas Roadhouse, Billings, MT. The best steak every time.

For a 5 star restaurant, the dining room at Chico Hot Springs, Pray, MT is definitely an honorable mention as well. Their bruschetta is also absolutely delicious for an appetizer.

[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

1. Dallas Steakhouse - San Ysidro, Buenos Aires, Argentina

2. Chicago Chop House in Chicago

3. Union Square Cafe - NYC

4. Ruth's Chris - anywhere

Argentinian beef FTMFW. No matter how the other two do, they aren't playing on the same field.

+1. btw welcome to the forum. bosco

Thanks. Glad to be here. I am on this and NASIOC by default. I don't own a subie (94 Sentra SE-R w/ SR20VE swap). My younger brother (06 WRX), good friends (02 WRX & 99 2.5 RS), and neighbor (05 LGT) own them. But I seem to have my hands in all of those cars more than my own! :lol:

So I have to go to these boards to make sure I know what I am getting myself into before I get my hands dirty! :icon_bigg

To stay on Topic, I am in Brooklyn for work just about every other day and i still have not made it to Luger's. I hear great things though. Nice to see so many meat lovers here!!! :dm:

Maybe time for a pizza thread next? Errr... Maybe not. That might turn into a Holy War. :argue::icon_wink

-Linus

Its like 12:30 at night and you guys have me thinking of steak...geez!

Anyways, I have a few picks for the best steaks I have ever had:

1. Alan Alberts (Las Vegas, NV) - The first time I went here with my dad I thought we had been given horrible info. The restaurant looks like it part of a mini-mall from the outside. As soon as you step inside, its like a scene from The Godfather - then I knew it would be OK. They age their beef and I have personally sampled and would recommend the strip or filet.
  2. Bones (Atlanta, GA - woot wukindada!) - My most recent great steak experience. The atmosphere is a little strange - not very intimate or quiet but the food and service were beyond good. Had the strip here and am glad I can get an aged steak this good with a decent car trip.
  3. My father's grill (Evansville, IN) - I really need to get on the ball and figure out what makes this man so good at grilling. We happen to have a good butcher shop in town that supplies prime beef and the combination of the 2 is always a great meal.

Incidently I get my steaks medium these days. I have never been a fan of the anything rarer and think medium is a good compromise of flavor and doneness.

it's been 2+ years now. The ribeye we had there was excellent.

As for Ruth's Chris....I haven't been in 3 years. Good steaks, not great, but they are consistent. At least they were then. I've still never been to a Morton's.

We have been going to Fogo de Chao lately.....good Brazilian churrascarria. :icon_bigg

To be honest, the best food we've ever had is a three way tie...and it would suprise you where. :lol: The Bistro at The Biltmore Estate in NC, a small Brazilian place in a quonson hut on the North Shore of Oahu, and a seafood/steak place at Puerto Madera, Buenos Aires Argentina.

I went to a great steakhouse in Vegas. I can't remember the name, but it was inside the Circus Circus. That place was amazing, but it was really out of place in the hotel (If you've ever been there, you know what I mean :lol:)
The Dude - Two inches and counting...:lol:

As long as the meat is good, and cooked well. You can have a great steak on someone's lawn from a weber.

I do make a mean applewood smoked bacon wrapped filet on my Broil-Mate grill! :lol: The key is Omaha Steaks, 800F searing temp, then indirect heat until it's done. The outside is crispy, the center is red/pink and melts in your mouth. :icon_mrgr Add some homemade basil garlic redskin mash, some locally grown white/yellow sweet corn in the steamer, and a bottle of Chimay black label and it's on. :lol:

Had a above avg Filet **Comparable to Ruths Chris or Charley's**@ Salt rock Grill in Redington Beach this past weekend.

The 4,5,6,7 glasses of Bookers on the rocks made it even better than it actually was I'm sure;)

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

I wish this could be broken down to state or city. I want to find try some of these places but it easier if I could look up state or city and go to a place near me.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

I wish this could be broken down to state or city. I want to find try some of these places but it easier if I could look up state or city and go to a place near me.

Hey Brian, There's a Houson's near me, plus there's a Mortons not to far from me too. Next time your in the OC we'll hit some place up bro. :D

:munch:

I went to a great steakhouse in Vegas. I can't remember the name, but it was inside the Circus Circus. That place was amazing, but it was really out of place in the hotel (If you've ever been there, you know what I mean :lol:)

Hahahhaa,......I know exactly what you mean. Everything in that hotel is Outta place :lol:

:munch:

Best steak I ever had was cooked right after I got home from the slaughter house with an ice chest full of steaks.

isn't meat suppose to "hang" for a day or so to drain/age before cutting? bosco

Yep. You just have to freeze the meat quickly after cutting (on site freezer FTW). And yes...usually they just ship the big body parts instead of butchering.

• 4 weeks later...
________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

it's actually called "the steakhouse". it's excellent.

i also agree with PGT that Ruth Chris' is excellent. Sometimes i fear people criticize it because it's a chain, but their meat quality is excellent. better than morton's, where people love it just for its name.

often people go to a great steak place and then make the major mistake of ordering their meat beyond medium rare. just order the meatloaf and call it even. trying to appreciate good meat that is charred to medium or beyond is worthless.

Archived