LegacyGT.com

Best Steak you have ever had **Resturant**

wukindada

Best steak? A little dish called the Carpet Bagger's Steak (a filet with a humdinger of a burgundy reduction sauce, among other things) at a little place called Bud & Alley's, right on the beach in Seaside, Florida.

It ain't cheap, but it is sooooooo worth it.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My new best steak was at the Minnesota Horse and Hunt Club in Prior Lake, MN.

18 oz Bone-in Bison Ribeye .... :drool:

My only complaint was too much Jack Daniels sauce, but the cut and preparation were superb. So freakin' good! :D

I'm gonna go with T-Bonz in Augusta, GA during Masters week. Medium by the way. I am sure that I have had as good a steak, or maybe better somewhere else, but enjoying a steak is as much about atmosphere as anything if you ask me. Enjoying the Masters all day, then going out for a really good steak is just hard to beat.........

often people go to a great steak place and then make the major mistake of ordering their meat beyond medium rare. just order the meatloaf and call it even. trying to appreciate good meat that is charred to medium or beyond is worthless.

I actually like mie blackened and med. well. Warm pink center....not red. :)

I agree with you however. When I was at a place in Argentina, I ordered kabobs med. well and they brought out something just past rare. I almost sent it back, but my brother (who lives there) insisted I try it first. He was right, I was wrong.

I'm a big fan of the porterhouse at the Metropolitan Grill in Seattle, but I'll give an honorable mention to the Thursday special kiawe-smoked prime rib at the Kawaihae Grill in Kawaihae, HI. It's so smokey it's almost like a good cigar...and now I'm hungry.....

~Zach

sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

when i went to morton's for the first time, in beverly hills, it wasn't fantastic. in fact, it was very average. however, when i decided to give it another chance, and went to the one in pittsburgh, WOW. best steak i've ever had hands down.

i'm a medium-rare guy. i've never tried rare; should i? and what should i expect?

Been to quite a few Honorable mention goes to....

Bern's Steakhouse

Morton's

Ruth Chris

Charly's

Shula's

Best to date..........Del Frisco's

One last thing....how weel done?

Rare here:):)

SAME HERE! I've been to Del Frisco's 6 times now (last time, 2 weeks ago) and they've always blown my mind.

I've eaten at a few nice places, but Del Frisco's is the best I've had. Plus, they've never carded me once, even though I was 17 the first time i was there:icon_bigg.

Others:

Mortons (phily)

Ruth's Chris

The Metropolitan Grill (Seattle)

Daniel's Broiler (Seattle)

I think Imma head over to Del Frisco's on 6th ave. It's one of the few steak places in NYC I haven't tried and everyone keeps raving about it. My company's gonna pick up bthe tab for my crew - owe me. We just completed a massive Active Directory migration.
________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

• 1 year later...
Guest heightsgtltd

Izzy, I think PL has gone down in quality lately.

Quality meat is really good!

Have you tried Craftsteak? I really like that place

You know whats funny about a year ago I went to PL and thought the same but then I just went recently it reminded me why they are the best!

I have not tried Craftsteak yet, friends keep telling me its great.

Quality meat is really good!

Have you tried Craftsteak? I really like that place

Guest heightsgtltd

The cool thing about craftsteak is its an upscale restaurant, with none of the attitude.

You can go there dressed in jeans, or a suit and feel comfortable. It's an offshoot of the restaurant called Craft which is amazing, so it has the steaks of a steakhouse, plus all the really interesting foods from craft.

Amazing raw bar too

Guest heightsgtltd
It's also huge, so you feel comfortable while eating, has an a amazing wine list, and is so far west that there are very few tourists there

My top 5 in NYC

1. Peter Lugers (Best Porterhouse in the world)

2. Quality Meat( Awesome ambiance)

3. Sparks

4. Wolfgangs

5. Del Frisco (Las Vegas)

Gotta say Mark Josephs by the seaport needs to be on that list. It was started by a former Lugers chef or waiter or something :lol:

http://www.markjosephsteakhouse.com/index2.htm

last time I was at lugers it wasn't as good.

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

recently, a place down the street. I think the place was called 'Pearl' Kind of trendy sushi type place, but a slammin' fillet. good beer too.

I think the best steak I've ever had in my life was at my sisters wedding. thing melted in my mouth.

I think the best steak I've ever had in my life was at my sisters wedding. thing melted in my mouth.

that's awesome b/c generally wedding food is only so-so

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Prefer ribeyes, medium rare, more on the rare side.

I wasn't impressed with Ruth Chris.

Best steak ever had was still when a friend of mine was still running the UC Davis meat lab. His operation was envied by all the butchers around since he had to prepare meat from the time the cattle comes in through the door till it is aged and processed. Since the workers(students) paid to work there, they had no labor cost. The meat was sold below supermarket prices for restaurant quality meat. He also taught me how to BBQ. Too bad he doesn't work there anymore, it the meat sucks.

As far as restaurants, Texas seems to be the state that knows beef. Went there on a business trip. Ate at the Saltgrass. That was probably one of the best ribeyes I've ever ate.

Ruths Chris is gross

:lol: I wouldn't say its "gross" but it's not all that great

Archived