LegacyGT.com

Best Steak you have ever had **Resturant**

wukindada

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tough call. Ruth's Chris was one of the best I've had. When you get a great steak though, it's hard to say one was better than another.

I'm thinking it's a tie between the Ruth's Chris Filet I had in Minneapolis, the Manny's Sirloin I had in Minneapolis, and a Filet I had in Palm Springs, but can't remember which Restaurant (I could take you there, but can't remember the name). Oh, and I actually had one very good steak at the Yard House, of all places, in Denver.

Medium Rare. I'm going to pistol whip the first person who says they like to ruin a good steak by requesting it well done! ;)

Edit: Also had a great steak at Capital Grille. Didn't realize that was another chain. Manny's is the only non-chain place I can think of where I got a great steak.

I'm going to pistol whip the first person who says they like to ruin a good steak by requesting it well done! ;)

Agreed!!

True story.....Went to Berns with a client once he asked for medium well Filet & later asked for A1:eek:

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

I do think it's funny though how those who are "steak snobs" are always insistent on a good steak being rare to medium-rare, and look down on those who order them well done. :lol:

Another great story about good steak being wasted on the unenlightened...

This was an old friend of mine. He and his wife took his parents to Manny's (often regarded as the best Steak House in Minneapolis). I don't remember where his parents were from, but I think it was South Dakota. So they're at dinner, and my friend's mom says with enthusiasm at dinner "This is almost as good as Outback!"

If it were my mom ... I'd have had to kill her. But I also know better than to take my mom to a place like that.

I have to agree with the OP. Del Friscos, specifically in Dallas. The Vegas branch was good (especialy the Kobe), but the original TX branches are the best.

And they're serious about their rare meat when there are 4 different "rares" that you can order ;).

I gotta tell you guys, no offense but if you think Ruth's Chris or other steak chains are the best, you haven't really had good steak! :lol:

Thing is that Ruth's is always a good steak. And I still think that once you get a good steak, you can't compare one great steak to another. They're like people at that point. Each is unique. Nothing wrong with chain places ... they're successful for a reason. They make good to great steak and do it consistently with great service.

The wine snob will snub an $8 bottle, but a connoisseur will tell you which $8 bottle trumps the $200 Bordeaux

There is a Brazilian steak house on International drive in Orlando FLA I went to last spring.

If you get the opportunity to go, don't miss out. The place is incredible. They walk around and cut pieces of steak off huge sides of almost every kind of beef, chicken, pork you can imagine. Needless to say I was stuffed when I left.

GTTuner ... If this is what I'm thinking of, there are a number of places like this around and they're gaining popularity. The style of dinner is called Ridizio (I'm not sure of the spelling) and most places that do this have an indicator to tell them to keep it coming, if you're on a break, or if you're done! Always fun and usually very good food!

There is a Brazilian steak house on International drive in Orlando FLA I went to last spring.

If you get the opportunity to go, don't miss out. The place is incredible. They walk around and cut pieces of steak off huge sides of almost every kind of beef, chicken, pork you can imagine. Needless to say I was stuffed when I left.

Went to a restaurant like this in Nairobi, Kenya called the Carnivore. Sure they had beef, but they also had gazelle, giraffe, zebra, etc.

1) Grass fed beef tastes the best no matter where it is from or how much it costs.

2) Over-cooking most steak cuts = tough dry meat. So snobbery has nothing to do with getting a steak cooked rare - medium rare. Anything beyond medim rare and what is the point?

Best steak I ever had was from a little local restaurant in Iowa City, IA called the Motley Cow. Grass fed, organic rib-eye, medium rare... absolutely melted in my mouth.

Best steak I ever had was from a little local restaurant in Iowa City, IA called the Motley Cow. Grass fed, organic rib-eye, medium rare... absolutely melted in my mouth.

Thanks ... I make it down to that area every once in a while for work. I'll have to check that out!

Archived