LegacyGT.com

Best Steak you have ever had **Resturant**

wukindada

I wouldn't be able to eat any meat from animals I raise. It is just different when it is store bought.

Well, let's just say you get a better appreciation of the fact of where your food comes from. Think about it. What would you rather eat, production line raised and slaughtered beef, or something that has been raised with care and slaughtered individually by an expert butcher?

Helps that we name the cows something whimsical. Last year's was "Meat Loaf", previous year was "Meat Ball". Helps you not to get too attached to an animal with a vapid stare.

The one's that get me are the little lambs. We usually do a couple of those too. Pretty cute fuzzy things, but wow they are really good grilled up with olive oil, garlic, salt & pepper and washed down with a big hearted Petite Syrah.

Damn, I think that is Sundays dinner now, grilled leg of lamb with wild mushroom risotto.

Eat well, life is short.

-Zin

06 LGT LTD GRP 5MT

07 FXT LTD OBP 4EAT

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GTTuner ... If this is what I'm thinking of, there are a number of places like this around and they're gaining popularity. The style of dinner is called Ridizio (I'm not sure of the spelling) and most places that do this have an indicator to tell them to keep it coming, if you're on a break, or if you're done! Always fun and usually very good food!

That type of restaurant is called a Churrascaria, Rodizio refers to the type of service where they keep coming around with the skewered meat. And I agree it is delicious, especially the chicken hearts :icon_mrgr

Personal best steak was in Montevideo, Uruguay. I forget the actual name of the place but it was known at the Meat Market. In the main hall was where the farmers auctioned off the cows, and all around the edge were cafes and restaurants. You sit at the bar while the guy brings out cuts of meat for you to inspect, you choose one, he cuts off as much as you like and then he throws it on the grill behind the bar. Amazing.

Definately worthy of mention are Japanese Kobe steaks, if you've never tried one then you really have to. The meat is perfectly marbled and tastes equisite, the only drawback is the price, over $100 for a 1lb steak.

The best I've had in NA was at the Grate Steak in Norfolk, a cook it yourself restaurant.

http://www.thegratesteak.com/index.html

Thanks ... I make it down to that area every once in a while for work. I'll have to check that out!

Their menu changes daily so they may not have steak on the menu all the time. They try to feature fresh foods from local suppliers whenever possible. Regardless, this is one of the best places to eat in town.

Ok. I'm going to put an end to this right now.

The best steak ever is Filet Mignon. It's followed closely by the full Porterhouse then maybe a good NY Strip.

The best I've ever had, and I've eaten steaks in dozens if not hundreds of places in this country and particullarly NYC, are in order:

1. Angelo & Maxie's Filet Mignon - Park Ave and 20st - NYC. As someone else noted. It's a delicious perfectly lean cut, au poivre (but not too much) and is a large 14oz when other skimp. Have a little bit of Bernaise on the side - it's marvelous. The Cream Spinich and Fried Onion & Garlic Mashed Potatoes are perfect sides.

2. Le Bouchon du Grove Filet Mignon - Coconut Grove, FL. Again, au poivre. This is a fantastic little cultured French spot in Coconut Grove, among the ever increasing corporate crap restaurants. The steak is absolutely divine and the atmosphere very, very special. Perfect date place. The wine selection is perfect.

3. Smith & Wollensky's - 3rd Ave & 53st NYC. NY Cut, Porterhouse, Filet Mignon au Poivre are all amazing here. Try the Prime Rib too - yum.

4. Peter Luger's Porterhouse - Go to Brooklyn - it's better then the one on Northern Blvd in Great Neck. Now look. You've got to like aged meat and big portions. This is a great experience. Bring lots of cash.

I've been to Ruth's Cris - I think it's average. Same goes for Spark's and Ben Benson's. I'm not a huge fan of either.

Now at 10:00 in the morning, I've made myself really hungry.

:icon_mrgr

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

Went to Ruth's Chris tonight. Pretty good steak, I got the filet rare. I liked the butter added to the steak and the hot plate. The atmosphere was a bit too corporate feeling but otherwise it was a very pleasant experience. Good waiter.

I knew it would have a more corp. feel to it than my all time fav. restaurant but the food was great. I didn't think that the price was very unreasonable either.

There's one like that in NYC that is sooo good.

They give you these discs with red on one side and green on the other. If you leave it green they keep stuff coming, if red, they stop for a while.

http://www.churrascariaplataforma.com/

This is one of the many in the city.

They are called Churrascaria.

I like my steak medium, but do not have a favorite place, and have not yet tasted the best steak, but I have been to the Churrascaria a few times.

X

---

Have any of you guys heard of Morton's Steak House??

And What about Houston's??

This is what one guy had to say about them,..............................

best steak ANYWHERE

Posted by ilovesweets810 on 06/20/2006

I have to rave, rave, RAVE about Houston's Hawaiian Ribeye. I am a big steak enthusiast and have eaten the best steaks at the best restaurants, but Houston's Hawaiian Ribeye hands down beats them all: morton's, lawry's, ruth chris, porterhouse, ANYWHERE. You must go there if not only for the Ribeye. Besides, the ribeye, I also really like the tuna burger which is just so juicy and delicious. The other complaint I could possibly have about the food is that I find the dessert to be a bit too sweet, even for me!

• Pros: great steak and tuna burger
  • Cons: service can be a bit slow when it gets busy
  • Overall user rating: Recommended

:munch:

im gonna go with St. Elmo's in Indianapolis. steaks are great, shrimp cocktail will put your hair on fire.

also a thumbs up to Bones, Houstons, and Cheesecake Factory. each great in their own way.

i'll be one of the hated people and say i enjoy my steaks medium-well...which more times than not comes out more medium than well, but whatever. of course, as everyone says, i agree that my steaks are better than all, except for my buddy Don who can put a hurting on a ribeye!! ;)

Kenda:dm:

The best RESTAURANT STEAK I have had so far is "Old Homestead" in NYC. I can't get myself to order a steak in a chain restaurant when I know I can get a real good Prime Cut at the local butcher and cook it myself for the same price of a mediocre steak place but that's just me.

But in defense of restaurants, it's always nice to be waited on and have a pleasant dining experience. That's what eating out is all about. ;)

This thread just reminds me of one of my favorite commercials:

Outback Steakhouse when they have a steak sitting there and then they garnish it with a teeney sprig of parsley and say.. "Salad." :lol:

MEAT EATERS FTW! :)

-L

The best RESTAURANT STEAK I have had so far is "Old Homestead" in NYC. I can't get myself to order a steak in a chain restaurant when I know I can get a real good Prime Cut at the local butcher and cook it myself for the same price of a mediocre steak place but that's just me.

But in defense of restaurants, it's always nice to be waited on and have a pleasant dining experience. That's what eating out is all about. ;)

This thread just reminds me of one of my favorite commercials:

Outback Steakhouse when they have a steak sitting there and then they garnish it with a teeney sprig of parsley and say.. "Salad." :lol:

MEAT EATERS FTW! :)

-L

+1. btw welcome to the forum. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Hyde Park Grille's Bone In Filet Mignon>Mitchell's Steakhouse, The Top, Morton's, Ruths Chris, etc. Only thing better is the Argentinian Steak overseas! In terms of wellness for filet, rare!

PS Smith and Wollensky is disgustingly mediocre, their reputation is far better than their steak, the Filet is not worth the asking price and their service is hideously subpar!

Best steak I ever had was cooked right after I got home from the slaughter house with an ice chest full of steaks.

Now, for a formal dining experience, I'd have to say that Old San Francisco Steakhouse (San Antonio, TX) cooks a mean filet minon.

Only way I eat a steak...bloody, warm, and tenderly juicy (AKA RARE). :icon_mrgr

Ok. I'm going to put an end to this right now.

The best steak ever is Filet Mignon. It's followed closely by the full Porterhouse then maybe a good NY Strip.

If I am not mistaken, Filet (Mignon) is tenderloin. I think in terms of taste and flavor, sirloin>tenderloin.

As for my favorite places, I say Capital Grill for taste and Morton's for bang for the buck. I have been to Ruth's Chris and I think the butter overwhelms the meat (not to mention the outrageous price).

Oh, I think the best steak I had was in a farm in Australia during my honeymoon.

^^^^

In Australia huh?? Where at? I'm going on a vacation there in November, maybe I can check it out :D

We had our honeymoon in Gold Coast (near Brisbane) and it is part of the day tour we got. I can't remember the farm...it was 9 years ago :lol:

Archived